Nixing The Georgia Game?

thacheetah11

What you are missing is that in 2010 when Auburn was making a run for the BCS championship, the bammers evolved into a full blown hate-based terrorists group.  In my lifetime, and I am retired, I have never seen such low life, unethical, immoral, lying scum... and over Auburn winning the BCSC in football?  Those people are ABSOLUTELY crazy and capable of unimaginable evil.

The only thing that can be considered going over the top was Updyke poisoning our trees. If Bama had a Cam Newton situation like we did, then I would suspect that our fanbase would've exploded just like theirs did. Our fanbase has already exploded with the REC conspiracy stuff.

I doubt we would have the P.A. announcer play "Take the Money and Run" and "Son of a Preacher Man" played during warm ups. Or have "Scam Newton" shirts sold inside the stadium. Look, the uat game is with out a doubt the biggest game of the regular season for both teams. It's just been taken to an unhealthy level of hate the past 4 years.

What you are missing is that in 2010 when Auburn was making a run for the BCS championship, the bammers evolved into a full blown hate-based terrorists group.  In my lifetime, and I am retired, I have never seen such low life, unethical, immoral, lying scum... and over Auburn winning the BCSC in football?  Those people are ABSOLUTELY crazy and capable of unimaginable evil.

The only thing that can be considered going over the top was Updyke poisoning our trees. If Bama had a Cam Newton situation like we did, then I would suspect that our fanbase would've exploded just like theirs did. Our fanbase has already exploded with the REC conspiracy stuff.

They had web sites devoted to destroying/damaging Auburn with every lie they could think off.  They used comment sections of Internet message boards to cut & paste these lies everywhere they could think off and they did it literally millions of times.  They barraged the NCAA with baseless accusation after baseless accusation.  Scott Moore, Danny Sheridan, and John Phillips(?) all did their part.  And it went on and on with things you would only expect by a terrorists group or a country at war that was desperately fighting for its survival and had abandoned the Geneva Convention.

I find it funny that some fans are calling for the Bama game to stop being played today.. but if you would've asked them during our 6-game win streak over Bama, how many would've said stop playing it?

I agree and this is about football .So stupid!

me ... quite frankly stopping after the 6th win would have been a classic way to end it.

You didn't know what the future held. After the 6th game, surely you weren't think "Well let's just end this now because Bama will win next year."

westie, you obviously underestimate my ability to foretell the future! 

I agree. I want to beat the crap out of them for a while, because it's starting to wear on me how many times they've beaten us in the last several years.

And I don't see the conference letting AU-UGA or UAT-UT go, but then again, if they are adamant about not going to a 9 game conference schedule, it would also mean that AU-Florida AND AU-Tennessee would be gone completely, except for the SECCG. :dunno:

I agree. I want to beat the crap out of them for a while, because it's starting to wear on me how many times they've beaten us in the last several years.

And I don't see the conference letting AU-UGA or UAT-UT go, but then again, if they are adamant about not going to a 9 game conference schedule, it would also mean that AU-Florida AND AU-Tennessee would be gone completely, except for the SECCG. :dunno:

If losing to the UpDykes only 3 times in the last decade, 14-11 in the past 25 seasons, has you down red then what would you have done when they had a 19-5 winning streak over us when the drunken foul mouthed Bear was their HC ?

I find it funny that some fans are calling for the Bama game to stop being played today.. but if you would've asked them during our 6-game win streak over Bama, how many would've said stop playing it?

As an Auburn man Westie, I am sure you would place the personal conduct of our fan base as being more constrained and respectful of others than that shown by the UpDykes.  The UpDyke fan base, professionals and non-professionals alike, are haughty, nasty, and disrespectful, even from people you would least expect.  They are an unpleasant ilk and don't mind demonstrating such for the world to see.  People of that nature I avoid and find myself having to do so even with long term friends since 2009.  When I played sports I liked playing people who were "sporting" and were free of mind enough, or man enough, to reach over and shake my hand regardless of winning or losing, but not so with these ill bred, mannerless thugs in Tuscaloosa.  They act like rotten children.  That type of person brings out the worst even in good people....and I personally determine to ride above that decorum.

The IB could/should be placed on hiatus without a problem.  We don't need them, they need us....and yes, I enjoy beating them ever so much.  The IB has been on hiatus before.......and at some point in the future will be repeated. Better to do so now and give it breathing time rather than have it forced upon us.  Give me the Gawja game and dump the Gumps.

WDE !!!

If losing to the UpDykes only 3 times in the last decade, 14-11 in the past 25 seasons, has you down red then what would you have done when they had a 19-5 winning streak over us when the drunken foul mouthed Bear was their HC ?

I was talking about UGA, whom we are 1-5 against since 05...

In most cases, beating a team tends to quiet them down.  But with Bama fans, not sure if they are worse when they win, or when they lose. They obviously do not believe in the saying, "Be gracious when you lose, and even more so when you win." I live and work in Tuscaloosa, and it is hard to put up sometimes. But like the fan who said those words to me the other day, and I replied twice with "who", and he shut up. He didn't know what to say. But as I have always said, it takes at least 10 Alabama fans to equal the IQ of one Auburn fan.

I was talking about UGA, whom we are 1-6 against since 05...

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :laugh::bow:  Sorry about that rednilla.  :partey: 

They took an unofficial poll this morning on the local sports talk station and the overwhelming number of UGAy fans said they wanted to keep the AU/UGAy game and would be willing to drop their interstate rivalry with TECH to do so.

While I am all for keeping the rivalry, one caller made a great point.  If we play the 6 teams in our division and then have 2 games with teams from the East (with UGAy a must) then we would play Tennessee, Florida and the others only once every decade.  If we drop the UGAy game then we could at least rotate and play those teams from the East more often.

Of course, that is if we retain the 8 conference games.  :dunno:

I never knew UA and UT was such a rivalry until I moved to Knoxville.   :dunno:

Anyways, this would suck hard. I'm from GA and a number of my family are thUGA fans. We have a great time with the bragging rights (he more than I lately). It would be terrible to lose this game.

The conference schedule is tough enough without adding a 9th conference game...though I'm not sure that wouldn't be the more intelligent thing to do, anyway.

Really seems like a lose lose situation. The only possible way I see us keeping the Georgia game is to add a 9th conf game (which makes it harder for a SEC team to win the champ.) or to move Auburn to the east (Keep schedule at 8 games) and then we lose the Iron Bowl. In the second scenario Tenn. and Alabama would still get shafted, but you can't make everyone happy. Very curious to see what they do here.

9 game schedule seems best to me, but i've heard Slive is against doing that. I definitely don't wanna only play Tenn and Florida twice in a decade....

I'm telling you guys swap us and UTk....we keep Ugay and bammer, bammer keeps us and UTk and the rest of the west aren't our traditional rivals anyhow so losing them wouldn't matter(although I love the lsu game). We keep the 8 game schedule and its all gravy

me ... quite frankly stopping after the 6th win would have been a classic way to end it.

You didn't know what the future held. After the 6th game, surely you weren't think "Well let's just end this now because Bama will win next year."

To be honest I wouldn't have called it to end then. Not in the 90's either. Things where a little healthier then. I'm only 25 so I've never seen how bad they really are until they started winning in 08. Now I fully understand what some of the old timers are talking about having to endure in the 70's and before. It's crazy. It's unhealthy. The way their fan base derives their self worth from a football team scares me. And I hate to place most of the blame on them but it's their fault. You don't see Auburn Men and Women poisoning trees, grinding their genitals in others faces, spitting on strangers or screaming "rawl tahd rawl" in a child's face at super market for wearing an opposing team t shirt.  

I've live thru 50's  to now and it has gotten worse and worse and we need to go to East and let it be.  Switching us and UT would make it so.  I don't know how UT would feel and I am sure $atan's children would object just cause we wanted it.

I don't see it happening though, but I've e-mailed Jay and told him

it was OK with me  if he could pull it off. 

I'm telling you guys swap us and UTk....we keep Ugay and bammer, bammer keeps us and UTk and the rest of the west aren't our traditional rivals anyhow so losing them wouldn't matter(although I love the lsu game). We keep the 8 game schedule and its all gravy

Not seeing how we could keep bammer on the schedule with this set up? Unless we go to nine games then there is no reason to swap in the first place

I agree with JBiggie. Do away with divisions, pick three permanent rivals, rotate for the other 5 conf games, play 4 nonconference. This year the nation would have been spared the rematch in the title game rather seeing it in the SEC championship. Then we would have seen a tide vs OKST game that would have been far more interesting.

I mean did ANYONE really want to see LSU v GA?

Archived