Spring football is basically here. Lets get some early predictions going.

wageagle5711

Feel free to critique or make predictions of your own.

Sept. 1      vs.    Clemson (Georgia Dome, Atlanta)

I feel good about this one for some reason. W

Sept. 8      at      Mississippi State

I don't think we'll ever see another 3-2 score in our lifetime but this one will be low scoring as well. W

Sept. 15            Louisiana-Monroe

Blowout. W

Sept. 22            LSU

Home field advantage keeps it close but I think LSU has the edge on special teams. L

Sept. 29    bye

Oct. 6                Arkansas

The secondary will be much improved at this point in the season and the bye week helps us pull it out. W

Oct. 13      at      Ole Miss

This one might be scary for the first 5 minutes. W

Oct. 20      at      Vanderbilt

I actually think Vandy gives us a run for our money until our depth starts to show late. W

Oct. 27              Texas A&M

Belated welcome to the SEC. 10-20 point W

Nov. 3                New Mexico State (HC)

We make them cry. W

Nov. 10              Georgia

Another heart breaker in JHS. L 

Nov. 17              Alabama A&M

They might win the coin toss. W

Nov. 24      at    Alabama

I hate these guys. L  :zapbama:

Those are some reasonable predictions wag, I don't think we win more than 10 games without a legit QB and a defense, and because they are both question marks right now, I'll go with 9-3 as well.

Clemson W

Miss. State W

LA Monroe W

LSU L

Ark L

Ole Miss W

Vandy W

T A&M W

NMS W

Georgia W

Bama L

Bama will be young this year, so we have a chance to hit them in the gut, so who knows.

Clemson-W

Miss. State-W

LA-Monroe-W

LSU-It's a toss up. Home field wins over. W

Arky-W

OM-W

Vandy-W

aTm-W

NMS-W

thUGA-toss up. W.

Bama A&M-W

Bama-Toughest game of the season. Hope we win.

The key to the season is the first two games. We win both of those, and we have a little momentum. Then if we get by both LSU and Arkansas, we will be undefeated going into the Georgia game. There is not a game we can't win if we play like we are capable of playing. If we get to Georgia undefeated, we will win the SEC and play for the BCS again. And it goes without saying, if we get there, we will win the BCS. Sounds like a plan to me. Another 14-0 and MNC in 3 years.

Lot's of question marks for me. It depends on how our youth pick up the new systems. QB play is the biggest question mark IMO. We could get to double digit wins, or we could have a season like last year. The Clemson game is huge IMO. A W there and it could be a great season for us. LSU, UGA, and bama are going to be tough W's IMO. We can win them, but they are the stiffest competition I believe. Arky and Clemson are swing games IMO and we need a W in at least one of them.

7-5 maybe. depends on playcalling and pressure.

Got it down Nostradamus.

1-2 wins more than last season, including the bowl game. Favorable year schedule and more experienced, young team. Depth, still young, but at least it's there. Defense will improve exponentially.

Biggest questions to me?

Offensive line- going to take some time to "gel". Hopefully the redshirts helped.

Young backfield- i'm sure someone can run but hopefully they can block too? Will Prosch play?

Receiver-need threats all over the field, not just EB. Maybe Lutz will be able to be a target more?

QB- everybody's 1st year, how much different is the offense?

You just can't make this stuff up. Please explain why you think we will have no improvement record wise from last season.

LOL.Only depends on the final score...9-4, including thew bowl game :wedance: Defense improvement . Everyone CAN and will make all this up......It's all just predictions.

1-11 maybe.  depends on solar flares and global warming.

LOL.Only depends on the final score...9-4, including thew bowl game :wedance: Defense improvement . Everyone CAN and will make all this up......It's all just predictions.

The Myans are predicting we don't even make it to a bowl this year.

No way we lose to LSU, UGA and Bama again this year. Everyone but LSU lost a ton of talent. LSU is the only game we are behind on talent and experience.

I think we win 3-4 of our toughest 5 games: Clemson, LSU, Arkansas, UGA and Bama. 10 or 11 wins plus a good bowl. (I think we'll beat UGA and Bama)

Keys that I consider up in the air:

O line

O line and

O line

lots of new faces albeit probably the most talented group we've had in a while. How will they play? Remember though these are Redshirt freshmen not TRUE freshmen. And there is a huge difference.

Keys that I have confidence that the unit will improve:

QB

WR

Defense as a whole

Sunshine or not? Last year saw Auburn field one of the least experienced teams in all of college football - rated in the bottom ten teams by experience according to Phil Steele. And we had more wins than anyone thought. This year we have one of the most talented teams AU has had in a while thanks the mind blowing recruiting coach Chizik has done the last 3 years. If the Juniors lead, the sophomores make plays and the redshirt freshmen grow into their roles as the year goes on then it is going to be a very good year.

QB and WR are gonna be critical after last years struggles.  Really need 2 guys to step up and help Blake out.  Our running game will be that much better if we are able to pass with consistency.  I hope we are able to increase our 3rd down efficency as well.  Last year our 3rd down conversions seemed to be the worst in recent history!

Seems like we all have about the same expectations. Someone that no one has mentioned yet though is Prosh. Remember how successful the run game was with Heath Evans and Brandon Johnson? AU didn't have a TE anywhere nearly as talented as Lutzy back then either. Prosh would help out tremendously on short yardage situations and that could result in an extra win or two if he is as good as they say. Has anyone heard anything on his status or a possible timetable?

I feel like a lot hinges on how well the players adjust to the new coordinator's schemes and player development.  I think I read somewhere that typically a player really jumps in production from his sophomore to his junior year.  If that is true I expect big things out of Whitaker, and even greater things from the LEMONATOR!!!  In the secondary I think JW and EF will show out.

If I were to rank what I think the defense will be like strength-wise, I would say:

1) DL - specifically I think our DEs will be in the backfield A LOT

2) Secondary - I think JW and CD having more experience will help our corner position a lot, and the safeties will be solid, looking forward to seeing what CWM does with the talent on hand

3) LB - to me this is kind of an unknown.  We know what we're getting with Holland, Bates, etc. But CBVG has said he likes bigger LBs, and word is that Cass has been training hard to get on the field early.  His measurables seem to fit the "bigger" LB mold

On offense I think CSL will get the QB situation figured out and productive, and the Oline will be a significant team strength with the addition of GR and CW with a year of big time practice under their belts.

anyway, on to my predicitons

Clemson W - I almost put this as a loss.  Clemson has a lot of returning offensive firepower and I guess this depends on how well the D plays in their first game under CBVG

Miss. State W - our youngest team since I've paid attention beat what was supposed to be miss state's best team in years

LA Monroe W - no explanation required

LSU W - home field advantage gets us the win. Our DL will be awesome and as long as there is improvement in the LB corps I think we take this one.  I don't think Zach Mettenburg taking over will improve the lsu passing game enough to make a difference

Ark L - They have seemed to have our number the past few years... I think the Arky/LSU game at the end of the season decides the west

Ole Miss W - first year head coach, we own OM..

Vandy W - CTF has them on the rise, but for them to contend with the Big 6 in the SEC they will need a few more years of success in recruiting and on the field results.  I'm hoping the nerds finally have some football success (just not against us)

Texas A&M W - I think they get shell shocked in their first season in the SEC.  Our trenches will be big, fast, and experienced and that's really what sets the SEC apart from other leagues.. in a few years they will contend but for now with a new HC they'll finish 5th in the West ahead of OM and MissSt

NewMexSt W - required

Georgia L -  I think they get us again this year.  Yeah they got plastered vs. LSU in the SECCG and lost a heartbreaker to MichSt in their bowl.. but they return a lot of talent on a division winning team

AA&M W - ..yeah

Bama W - my homer upset win.  they lost a lot on D and Rent Richardson will not command the attention of the entire defense anymore.  Our JW knocks AM out of the game similar to TaSharven Bell taking out GM in 2010.  Bama fans sob in the bleachers as all the cheating and lying their sleazebag couch did leads to a 5 loss season.

1-11 maybe.  depends on solar flares and global warming.

:laugh: :laugh:

I feel like a lot hinges on how well the players adjust to the new coordinator's schemes and player development.  I think I read somewhere that typically a player really jumps in production from his sophomore to his junior year.  If that is true I expect big things out of Whitaker, and even greater things from the LEMONATOR!!!  In the secondary I think JW and EF will show out.

If I were to rank what I think the defense will be like strength-wise, I would say:

2) Secondary - I think JW and CD having more experience will help our corner position a lot, and the safeties will be solid, looking forward to seeing what CWM does with the talent on hand

3) LB - to me this is kind of an unknown.  We know what we're getting with Holland, Bates, etc. But CBVG has said he likes bigger LBs, and word is that Cass has been training hard to get on the field early.  His measurables seem to fit the "bigger" LB mold

On offense I think CSL will get the QB situation figured out and productive, and the Oline will be a significant team strength with the addition of GR and CW with a year of big time practice under their belts.

Clemson W - I almost put this as a loss.  Clemson has a lot of returning offensive firepower and I guess this depends on how well the D plays in their first game under CBVG

Miss. State W - our youngest team since I've paid attention beat what was supposed to be miss state's best team in years

LSU W - home field advantage gets us the win. Our DL will be awesome and as long as there is improvement in the LB corps I think we take this one.  I don't think Zach Mettenburg taking over will improve the lsu passing game enough to make a difference

Ark L - They have seemed to have our number the past few years... I think the Arky/LSU game at the end of the season decides the west

Vandy W - CTF has them on the rise, but for them to contend with the Big 6 in the SEC they will need a few more years of success in recruiting and on the field results.  I'm hoping the nerds finally have some football success (just not against us)

Texas A&M W - I think they get shell shocked in their first season in the SEC.  Our trenches will be big, fast, and experienced and that's really what sets the SEC apart from other leagues.. in a few years they will contend but for now with a new HC they'll finish 5th in the West ahead of OM and MissSt

NewMexSt W - required

Georgia L -  I think they get us again this year.  Yeah they got plastered vs. LSU in the SECCG and lost a heartbreaker to MichSt in their bowl.. but they return a lot of talent on a division winning team

AA&M W - ..yeah

Bama W - my homer upset win.  they lost a lot on D and Rent Richardson will not command the attention of the entire defense anymore.  Our JW knocks AM out of the game similar to TaSharven Bell taking out GM in 2010.  Bama fans sob in the bleachers as all the cheating and lying their sleazebag couch did leads to a 5 loss season.

Instead of your 1 of 3, I think we win 2 of the 3 of the home games with LSU, Arky, Georgia. Other than that, we are thinking alike " going into spring practice ". We will know a lot more about a month from now.

NewMexSt W - required

AA&M W - ..yeah

You seriously think bama will lose 5 games!?!

QB and WR are gonna be critical after last years struggles.  Really need 2 guys to step up and help Blake out.  Our running game will be that much better if we are able to pass with consistency.  I hope we are able to increase our 3rd down efficency as well.  Last year our 3rd down conversions seemed to be the worst in recent history!

Agree 100%.  We need these guys to step up and the QB to step up early so he "whoever he is" and his receivers can get their timing down.  If this happens and the OL jells, this could be another AUsome year. :zapbama:

Archived