Athlon Magazine Ranks SEC coaches

Lint

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess they don't need Auburn fans buying their publication.  To be honest though, out of the top college football publications, I would rank them right behind last place.

How can they rate SEC coaches and not mention which teams are on probation?  Saban has not even won a game at bama when bama was not on probation.

You have to love the "take away the 14-0 season"comment in order to diminish his resume.....huh?  Take away the beach and Florida sucks, oh my bad not possible.  This person must have the easiest low paying job, what a stupid comment.

I'd love for someone to explain how Dan Mullen is a better coach than Chizik, Miles or Pinkel. I mean the guy has 2, count 'em, 2 SEC wins. Against Ole Miss. I also like how they completely write off Chizik's 14-0 season  :-\. I thought I remembered these same people saying last year that Auburn would go 5-7, 6-6 at best, and if Auburn wins more than 7 games Chizik should be up for coach of the year.

But anyway it is Athlon. US magazine is more credible at sports than them.  

o.k. This dude expects to be taken seriously with this horse****? More than unbelievable, it's laughable. I could understand an argument if Chiz came in at say 5, I could tolerate hearing the argument. But outside the top 5 is simply idiotic imo. Mullen and two guys that have never coached a game in the SEC over a man that has been on 2 National Championship teams and one undfeated season as the DC. What a moron.

What a f%*&#@^ joke! Most of those coaches ranked ahead of Chizik don't have a NC to their name and some don't even have a winning record at their school.  And the reasoning for ranking Chizik #9 was "take away the 14-0 season and Chizik's record is 21-29."  Uh, yeah, let's take away Chizik's best year and then compare him to what all of the other coaches have achieved, but we'll leave their best years in.  Whoever wrote this is a moron that deserves a swift kick to the scrotum.

I saw on another site that someone had emailed Athlon asking for their justification.  Reportedly, the answer was that the coaches were ranked in order of how easily they would be hired at another, big name, school.  Apparently, it had nothing to do with coaching or staff management ability.  What a crock.

You have to love the "take away the 14-0 season"comment in order to diminish his resume.....huh?  Take away the beach and Florida sucks, oh my bad not possible.  This person must have the easiest low paying job, what a stupid comment.

And take away his time at Iowa St. and he has a 30-10 record at AU, with an SECC and a NC to boot.

And take away his time at Iowa St. and he has a 30-10 record at AU, with an SECC and a NC to boot.

Heck, let's just take away all his losses and call him undefeated!

Just a really stupid article from Athlon. But no better way to get people talking than to play on the Auburn-Alabama rivalry.

I'm just stunned at this. Chizik is not as good as James Franklin and Dan Mullen? What a crock!!!! Take away the 2010 season and he's got a 21-29 record? Hell, take away the REC and what would Nick Saban have? I can't even see putting Miles behind Richt. What was this dude smoking when he wrote this article?

Take away his tenure as DC on two undefeated teams, nat'l assistant of year,  and one NC as Head Coach and you have , nevermind ;)

Still better than Dan Mullen  :laugh:

What a pathetic article. And to think people get paid to write crap like this.

Good news guys!!!! Since our coach stinks so bad,  we should have no worries after he wins 10+ gms this year about other big time schools coming after him.  After all, Dan (pay for play) Mullen is better.  :party:

ANOTHER feather in my cap regarding sports "analysts" and their right to procreate!!  :we:

These guys are making me look like a bloody GENIUS!!  :tdau:

I am not saying I believe what they are saying about Chizik, but I understand why they put him in the bottom tier.

Now why Dan Mullen and James Franklin are rated so how is absurd.

Archived