2013 5* TE O.J. Howard (Alabama signee)

BurtonJ20

OJ says he is solid to Alabama.  Says he an Dee will head different ways unless Dee comes to Alabama.  Talks to reuben a lot and they both have a good relationship.  In the interview he hints that his decision wouldn't be affected by Reuben.  Grew up an Auburn fan but felt like Alabama was home. 

I would love to hear one of Saban's speeches if can talk a person away from a school they are fans of. Especially their biggest rival.

We shot our own foot on this one but we don't need anymore TEs anyway.

Well, the only reason I was particularly concerned about Howard is the potential of taking one of Saban's recruits; he's a great athlete, no doubt, but I can't see him being a better prospect than Fulse or Parks, and as such if I'm more concerned with building depth at TE than getting a marquee prospect.

However, with regard to shooting ourselves in the foot, I'm not sure that's entirely true.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to have him but he won't change the greatness of this class like Foster would. I would rather get water boarded daily than play for bamturd personally.

I'll have a lot of neither, thank you very much!

Would love to have him but he won't change the greatness of this class like Foster would. I would rather get water boarded daily than play for bamturd personally.

Either is torture.

Guest EagleDamnWar

OJ Howard was the #1 performer for a WR/TE. He was the #2 overall in the whole challenge.  He really impressed people.  He split his rep with the number #4 overall player in the nation Jaylon Smith.  Other than that, he won all other reps pretty easily.  Expect for Howard to be a 5* in the next rankings.

• 2 weeks later...

AJ says OJ will visit Auburn again.

But what about BJ, CJ, DJ, JJ, MJ, PJ, and TJ? :tease:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BJ is still on the road with the Bear. CJ is at TE. DJ is a fluker. JJ is committed to AU. MJ retired. PJ coaching basketball somewhere and TJ lied.

Not to be a negative Nancy but we have far less than a great shot.

I agree

+1. OJ later said in an interview that the Auburn coaches have backed off him.

That video is worth a thousand words...or more.  Unfortunately OJ is gonna be a turd, and I say unfortunately because he's not only extremely talented, but he seems like a really great kid.  sad.gif

That video is worth a thousand words...or more.  Unfortunately OJ is gonna be a turd, and I say unfortunately because he's not only extremely talented, but he seems like a really great kid.  sad.gif

He is a great kid and he also has that healthy chip on his shoulder that all the great ones have. For him that comes from being at a small school and wanting to prove himself. He is very well spoken as well.

Yea I didnt mean we have a great shot at getting him.  I was trying to say we would have great shot if we could get him to start visiting again.  All of the sudden he just stopped visiting and said he was 100% bammer.  This was after he said he would visit au and weigh his options in the spring.  He did make that sudden decision after a turd camp though. 

JMO but he knows the AUburn story and if it does not interest him, what's the point to keep brow-beating him? 

To keep after kids like this is almost like "stalking" in my view. 

Sure OJ is a good athlete and it would be nice to have him but I expect there are dozens of kids just like him, rated 4* or whatever that would be more receptive to an AU offer. I hope the coaches are spending their time with kids who are at least open-minded about attending AU.   

JMO but he knows the AUburn story and if it does not interest him, what's the point to keep brow-beating him? 

Sure OJ is a good athlete and it would be nice to have him but I expect there are dozens of kids just like him, rated 4* or whatever that would be more receptive to an AU offer. I hope the coaches are spending their time with kids who are at least open-minded about attending AU.   

Agree 100%.  :bow:  Some people seem to have a real hangup about flipping a UAT commit more than getting the best kids for Auburn.  :dunno:

Agree 100%.  :bow:  Some people seem to have a real hangup about flipping a UAT commit more than getting the best kids for Auburn.  :dunno:

Not only that but getting the kids who most want to be at Auburn, OJ seems to really love Bammer and if that is where he feels he can do best, then best of luck to him unless it is against Auburn. :we:

I think it's probably more of a hangup with flipping some of the most talented players in the country, who also happen to live in AU's backyard.

I think it's probably more of a hangup with flipping some of the most talented players in the country, who also happen to live in AU's backyard.

Nice transition to Foster. They were talking about OJ. Anyway the people hung up over this kid have every right to be since he grew up an Auburn fan, is an amazing kid attitude wise, and if he stays at TE has the potential to be one of the best there has been the past ten years. With that said I would love Auburn to recruit him as a Mix type receiver. As for what caused OJ's lack of interest it has little to with his camp at Bammer. The Auburn coaches have backed off him since we got AJ's commitment.

Nice transition to Foster. They were talking about OJ. Anyway the people hung up over this kid have every right to be since he grew up an Auburn fan, is an amazing kid attitude wise, and if he stays at TE has the potential to be one of the best there has been the past ten years. With that said I would love Auburn to recruit him as a Mix type receiver. As for what caused OJ's lack of interest it has little to with his camp at Bammer. The Auburn coaches have backed off him since we got AJ's commitment.

Straight up, our coaches think we have the best fit for our system.  A J is no slouch; watch his ratings grow as the season progresses.  He's not at The Opening by accident.  Now, if OJ is interested in a big WR role, let's go for it!!

Archived