2013 5* TE O.J. Howard (Alabama signee)

BurtonJ20

No offense but TJ Yeldon yelled War Eagle and said he was looking forward to playing against Clemson 7 days before he flipped.....Just saying til they enroll or sign a LOI, you never know with these kids.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense but TJ Yeldon yelled War Eagle and said he was looking forward to playing against Clemson 7 days before he flipped.....Just saying til they enroll or sign a LOI, you never know with these kids.

True.

Funny how quick things change. A few weeks ago it was almost assumed that OJ was coming our way, now it appears to not be the case. For my own personal health I wish I didn't even know a recruits name until they sign with Auburn on Feb 1st, but I just can't stay away.

Was reading my Lindy's magazine this morning and checked out Alabama's depth chart. They list Michael Williams as starting TE and this is word for word the "quick fact" about him...."More career starts (27) than receptions (16)".

Think about that O.J.! The dude's a senior and has 16, I repeat, 16 receptions. C'mon.

I will apologize in advance if someone can prove me wrong but to my recollection TJ did not yell anything the last 2 or so months he was committed to Auburn.

I will apologize in advance if someone can prove me wrong but to my recollection TJ did not yell anything the last 2 or so months he was committed to Auburn.

Yep. OJ could be setting them up. Will be a fun NSD this year.

He might not have yelled it but he said all that in an interview a few days before he flipped.

I guess OJ is excited to play with a top QB that just hands the ball off.

False. If Saban runs a pro set, the TE is featured more in the offense as a means of creating mismatches with either slower linebackers or smaller players in the secondary.

He might not have yelled it but he said all that in an interview a few days before he flipped.

Yes but as I pointed out last year those interviews were forced. He never came out on his own and said those positive things like Liner is doing now and like Jaboo did for FSU from their bowl game forward....Back to OJ.

Well, I say best of luck to OJ unless he is against Auburn, lets put the full court press on Ruben before he finds bags of money under a tree at the quad.

T.J. said in the postgame interview after the Alabama Mississippi All Star game how ready he was to start focusing on the Clemson game, or something to that effect. I remember because I nearly texted my brother in law (huge Bama fan) at that very moment to ask him if they really believed they could flip Yeldon. Sure glad I didn't.

Wasn't that pretty close to when he flipped?

False. If Saban runs a pro set, the TE is featured more in the offense as a means of creating mismatches with either slower linebackers or smaller players in the secondary.

OJ was talking about being excited about how good of a QB Bateman is. The TE might get the ball threw to him but saban is not going to let Bateman throw the ball around in his offense. Bateman will be just handing it off most of the time. I was just saying that it is not like he is going somewhere to play with a QB that will get the chance to really show off his talent.

OJ was talking about being excited about how good of a QB Bateman is. The TE might get the ball threw to him but saban is not going to let Bateman throw the ball around in his offense. Bateman will be just handing it off most of the time. I was just saying that it is not like he is going somewhere to play with a QB that will get the chance to really show off his talent.

I think that will just depend on if Saban has a workhorse at RB like he has previously. I wouldn't be surprised to see bama sling the ball around a good bit this year with Lacy as the starter.

I think that will just depend on if Saban has a workhorse at RB like he has previously. I wouldn't be surprised to see bama sling the ball around a good bit this year with Lacy as the starter.

Especially with McCarron being "hyped" as a Heisman candidate.

Especially with McCarron being "hyped" as a Heisman candidate.

A Heisman candidate?  Are there no other guys up for the award? That is a JOKE.  :laugh: :laugh:

he did as well as reaffirming to our coaches.

Actually this is the third different quote that was very pro bama in the last week and a half. I just didnt bring them over because 1 i view a lot more then i post and 2 it looked like the board was making progress moving on from him. Then i saw hope again figured i at least let the fans who dont get to view recruiting outside this board, know whats going on. In one article he was quoted to saying he grew up an auburn fan, but it was basically a way for him to annoy his pro bama parents but that he had actually felt sad when alabama lost a fumble in some game ( im guessing he was talking about Ingram) and that he feels like bama is where he belongs. Then there was some quote about how important his commitment is etc, then finally that last quote i posted earlier. We have some really good te's so as far as us fans go we should move on, what the coaches do is another thing. They are paid to recruit until NSD.

Funny how quick things change. A few weeks ago it was almost assumed that OJ was coming our way, now it appears to not be the case.

Maybe at the beginning but as the year goes on "He Who Shall Not Be Named" will get more carries than Lacy because he is a homerun threat unlike Lacy

Maybe at the beginning but as the year goes on "He Who Shall Not Be Named" will get more carries than Lacy because he is a homerun threat unlike Lacy

I agree. Lacy never wowed me and if he hold off Yeldon for the whole season then he should consider it a good season.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

OJ says he is solid to Alabama.  Says he an Dee will head different ways unless Dee comes to Alabama.  Talks to reuben a lot and they both have a good relationship.  In the interview he hints that his decision wouldn't be affected by Reuben.  Grew up an Auburn fan but felt like Alabama was home. 

OJ says he is solid to Alabama.  Says he an Dee will head different ways unless Dee comes to Alabama.  Talks to reuben a lot and they both have a good relationship.  In the interview he hints that his decision wouldn't be affected by Reuben.  Grew up an Auburn fan but felt like Alabama was home. 

I would love to hear one of Saban's speeches if he can talk a person away from a school they are fans of. Especially their biggest rival.

I would love to hear one of Saban's speeches if can talk a person away from a school they are fans of. Especially their biggest rival.

We shot our own foot on this one but we don't need anymore TEs anyway.

Archived