2013 5* TE O.J. Howard (Alabama signee)

BurtonJ20

The kid grew up a huge Auburn fan loves  the plans CSL has for him.  We stand a great shot!

Here is my take. He did not grow up a huge AU fan. If he did there would never be any question on coming to AU if we offered. "Huge" fans don't go to their rival school.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid grew up a huge Auburn fan loves  the plans CSL has for him.  We stand a great shot!

Here is my take. He did not grow up a huge AU fan. If he did there would never be any question on coming to AU if we offered. "Huge" fans don't go to their rival school.

When a 17-18 year old gets his feelings hurt by his childhood favorite school, and when the best college recruiter of this era fills his head with NFL, NFL, NFL, then it can, does, and did happen.

When a 17-18 year old gets his feelings hurt by his childhood favorite school, and when the best college recruiter of this era fills his head with NFL, NFL, NFL, then it can, does, and did happen.

Yep. If you feel spurned by your one-time favorite, a lot of attention from another school that's also got a lot to offer can be intoxicating.

JMO but he knows the AUburn story and if it does not interest him, what's the point to keep brow-beating him? 

To keep after kids like this is almost like "stalking" in my view. 

Sure OJ is a good athlete and it would be nice to have him but I expect there are dozens of kids just like him, rated 4* or whatever that would be more receptive to an AU offer. I hope the coaches are spending their time with kids who are at least open-minded about attending AU.   

Agree 100%.  :bow:  Some people seem to have a real hangup about flipping a UAT commit more than getting the best kids for Auburn.  :dunno:

I think it's probably more of a hangup with flipping some of the most talented players in the country, who also happen to live in AU's backyard.

Nice transition to Foster. They were talking about OJ.

I was referring to OJ. He's arguably the best TE in the country and lives about an hour from Auburn. I realize Reuben is quite literally in AU's "backyard " but I consider OJ to be, at least, within the vicinity.

The point still stands for Reuben, though. He's the best LB in the country (possibly the best player ) and he lives in Auburn. I could care less about flipping a turd recruit, I just want Auburn to sign the best players possible.

JMO but he knows the AUburn story and if it does not interest him, what's the point to keep brow-beating him? 

To keep after kids like this is almost like "stalking" in my view. 

Sure OJ is a good athlete and it would be nice to have him but I expect there are dozens of kids just like him, rated 4* or whatever that would be more receptive to an AU offer. I hope the coaches are spending their time with kids who are at least open-minded about attending AU.   

Agree 100%.  :bow:  Some people seem to have a real hangup about flipping a UAT commit more than getting the best kids for Auburn.  :dunno:

I think it's probably more of a hangup with flipping some of the most talented players in the country, who also happen to live in AU's backyard.

Nice transition to Foster. They were talking about OJ.

I was referring to OJ. He's arguably the best TE in the country and lives about an hour from Auburn. I realize Reuben is quite literally in AU's "backyard " but I consider OJ to be, at least, within the vicinity.

The point still stands for Reuben, though. He's the best LB in the country (possibly the best player ) and he lives in Auburn. I could care less about flipping a turd recruit, I just want Auburn to sign the best players possible.

Well you threw me off with saying the back yard thing. I thought you meant Foster since he is in high school at Auburn. Being from Prattville myself I do not consider Autauga County in Auburn's back yard. It is heavy Bammer territory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this all goes back to BCW and on was hesitant about coming to the event and then was talked out of it by bama, although he indicated to the coaches he was coming.  Once that happened, we offered/accepted AJ and did not look back.  Think oj tried to play the game and we are in good shape at TE and we didn't play in return.  Would love to have the kid at WR if he really has that speed.  But I get the feeling the bridge may not be burned, but is smoldering.  Just my guesses.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this all goes back to BCW and on was hesitant about coming to the event and then was talked out of it by bama, although he indicated to the coaches he was coming.  Once that happened, we offered/accepted AJ and did not look back.  Think oj tried to play the game and we are in good shape at TE and we didn't play in return.  Would love to have the kid at WR if he really has that speed.  But I get the feeling the bridge may not be burned, but is smoldering.  Just my guesses.

is 4.44 good enough? That is what he ran yesterday at The Opening.

Dude is the best TE in the country by a wide margin, and it looks like our coaches have blown this one. I still think there's a slight chance he could flip, but for Chizik to write him a letter and address it to the wrong high school is, quite frankly, a huge embarrassment.

I don't know if that is playing any part in his recruitment, but it certainly doesn't help when you're trying to convince a kid to spurn our biggest rival and sign with your school.

87:  This would be called beating a dead horse.  It's been discussed several times here.  Mistakes are sometimes made by staffs and aren't caught by the individual who signs the letters because they have a thousand other things going on.  Not an excuse, simply a possible reason.  That said, we should all be thankful this staff makes very few mistakes and knocks it out of the park more times than not.

And as far as recruiting OJ.  I think his video at The Opening was pretty telling--AU has not really been recruiting OJ hard for a while.  After gaining AJ's commitment, they made the right conclusion IMO to quit wasting a lot of valuable time and effort on a kid (albeit a great athlete and citizen) whose ship had already sailed into little Nicky's harbor. 

Let it go.  Let's worry about the ones that want to be Auburn Tigers or are still considering it.

87:  This would be called beating a dead horse.  It's been discussed several times here.  Mistakes are sometimes made by staffs and aren't caught by the individual who signs the letters because they have a thousand other things going on.  Not an excuse, simply a possible reason.  That said, we should all be thankful this staff makes very few mistakes and knocks it out of the park more times than not.

And as far as recruiting OJ.  I think his video at The Opening was pretty telling--AU has not really been recruiting OJ hard for a while.  After gaining AJ's commitment, they made the right conclusion IMO to quit wasting a lot of valuable time and effort on a kid (albeit a great athlete and citizen) whose ship had already sailed into little Nicky's harbor. 

Let it go.  Let's worry about the ones that want to be Auburn Tigers or are still considering it.

I agree. We have a darn good TE already committed and 4 already on the team. If Howard is interested, he knows the phone numbers of the AU Coaches.

How do we know CGC wrote him a letter and addressed the wrong school? I have heard that several times but how do you know ?

How do we know CGC wrote him a letter and addressed the wrong school? I have heard that several times but how do you know ?

Because it was confirmed by insiders from Both Auburn and Bammer fan bases. I love my Prattville Lions but with all due respect I hope this is the last post About CGC sending OJ a letter thinking he played at Prattville instead of Autauga Academy. As Herk said we are beating the crap out of an dead horse. I am respectfully tired of talking about it so I hope we can move on from this.

Because it was confirmed by insiders from Both Auburn and Bammer fan bases. I love my Prattville Lions but with all due respect I hope this is the last post About CGC sending OJ a letter thinking he played at Prattville instead of Autauga Academy. As Herk said we are beating the crap out of an dead horse. I am respectfully tired of talking about it so I hope we can move on from this.

^^^DITTO^^^    :banghead:

Seems like this guy visits everyday.

huh?

I think he's referring to the title of the thread.  (i.e., It was a little joke.)

Seems like this guy visits everyday.

huh?

I think he's referring to the title of the thread.  (i.e., It was a little joke.)

I think the title should be changed... it is a tease like the sign in the tavern that says "Free Beer Tomorrow".

Is he strongly considering Auburn. :wedance:

Unless you have an article or source of proof then No. OJ is All Bammer.

Archived