THE ASYLUM

bigbird

The two OG’s! Good to see you both still kicking. Really hate to hear about Steven. Everything has been good for us down here. I’m laid up right now after having a knee scope but going back to work this coming Friday night finally. Hope everyone has been staying safe

On 8/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, bigbird said:

The first was deleted by whomever started the thread when they got their panties in a wad. I believe this is the 3rd edition of the asylum.

Was that weegle???

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Was that weegle???

That it! I couldn't remember exactly who it was. Man, we were all so mad at him.😂

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

That it! I couldn't remember exactly who it was. Man, we were all so mad at him.😂

Yeah he caught hell for that, which he desire, and Barry Manilow concert. 

• Haha 1

A hippie friend of ours moved herself and her little boy to Costa Rica. (The father was never in the picture.) She posted a sad post on FB about losing her cat. About halfway through the post, she revealed that the damned thing was found in a boa constrictor's mouth. That was a new one for me.

• Sad 1

On 8/31/2020 at 11:08 AM, McLoofus said:

A hippie friend of ours moved herself and her little boy to Costa Rica. (The father was never in the picture.) She posted a sad post on FB about losing her cat. About halfway through the post, she revealed that the damned thing was found in a boa constrictor's mouth. That was a new one for me.

Better the cat than the little boy...

far-side-crib-snake.png

• Like 1

Oh, and I have only seen Amanda for 1 1/2 hours since she took James down Friday Morning and that includes the hour I got to see her tonight. 

James' hospitalizations have so many effects on the family and it just sucks!

I'm beyond frustrated with the doctors. His port came out Monday. That gave them Monday afternoon, Tuesday, Wednesday, and today to have some sort of a plan. You know what they came up with today? Well, since you'll be at home by yourself without anyone to help during the day, maybe we should place you in a rehab hospital until you're finished with the antibiotic treatment. WTF? 4-6 wks...(because they still aren't sure of that time table either) at another hospital, away from the family, just to finish his antibiotics? I shut that s*** down quick. How freaking ridiculous? It's not like we've never taken care of him or don't know what we're doing.

I told them that they had had enough time to formulate a plan. They have not, so here's the plan. You will insert the PICC line tomorrow morning, you will have the dosing regimen completed and explained by lunch, you will have his antibiotics ordered and delivered tomorrow evening at the latest, and you will have James discharged by dinner time. The talking in circles and leaving James and the rest of us in limbo is unacceptable. Your actions or, better yet, your inactions have led to  poor patient care and that's absolutely a direct reflection on their capabilities as doctors and as a hospital. You have the rest of today to get things organized before you implement the plan of action tomorrow morning. I suggest you work quickly.

I had had enough of the run-around double talk and pitiful excuses. 

This evening when I got back from the hospital, I received a phone call telling me that the Pharmacy had been notified and we're working on his order, that IR (interventional radiology- they do the PICC lines and stuff) was scheduled to work him in tomorrow and were going to get a 5th ultrasound tonight, and that the Surgery team  was meeting tonight to formulate a plan for his Port replacement in a couple months. 

Sorry, had to vent.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Oh, and I have only seen Amanda for 1 1/2 hours since she took James down Friday Morning and that includes the hour I got to see her tonight. 

I'm beyond frustrated with the doctors. His port came out Monday. That gave them Monday afternoon, Tuesday, Wednesday, and today to have some sort of a plan. You know what they came up with today? Well, since you'll be at home by yourself without anyone to help during the day, maybe we should place you in a rehab hospital until you're finished with the antibiotic treatment. WTF? 4-6 wks...(because they still aren't sure of that time table either) at another hospital, away from the family, just to finish his antibiotics? I shut that s*** down quick. How freaking ridiculous? It's not like we've never taken care of him or don't know what we're doing.

I told them that they had had enough time to formulate a plan. They have not, so here's the plan. You will insert the PICC line tomorrow morning, you will have the dosing regimen completed and explained by lunch, you will have his antibiotics ordered and delivered tomorrow evening at the latest, and you will have James discharged by dinner time. The talking in circles and leaving James and the rest of us in limbo is unacceptable. Your actions or, better yet, your inactions have led to  poor patient care and that's absolutely a direct reflection on their capabilities as doctors and as a hospital. You have the rest of today to get things organized before you implement the plan of action tomorrow morning. I suggest you work quickly.

This evening when I got back from the hospital, I received a phone call telling me that the Pharmacy had been notified and we're working on his order, that IR (interventional radiology- they do the PICC lines and stuff) was scheduled to work him in tomorrow and were going to get a 5th ultrasound tonight, and that the Surgery team  was meeting tonight to formulate a plan for his Port replacement in a couple months. 

Sorry, had to vent.

I know you wish you didn't have all of that knowledge/experience to lean on, and I know you wish even more you didn't have to actually wield it, but at least it was of use and hopefully you guys are now closer to a resolution and James finding some relief.

Damn, dude. Unbelievable. It was a major learning experience for me when I realized as an adult that I have to take control of my own healthcare. 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Sorry, had to vent.

Just f%$# sucks for James and the family. My dad stayed in a VA hospital off and on for 6 years after WWII then said enough is enough. He checked out and just lived on painkillers the rest of his life.

Well, after they said they couldn't do a PICC till Tuesday, I got them to do the PICC today and also was able to get hematology to sign off on releasing him tomorrow. 

He's in surgery now. 

But...get this s***! I told them at 11:00 as I was driving in to contact the Pharmacy and make sure the antibiotics order was there and the meds ready to be shipped for tomorrow. I was assured they would take care of it. I then reminded them another 2-3 times between 12 and 3. So what happens when I call the pharmacy to get an update? They ******* tell me that the order they got yesterday said he would be discharged on Tuesday, so they ordered it to be filled for Tuesday and they don't have any there and, oh yeah, it's ******* labor day weekend, so there is no changing that. So, now James has a PICC, but because of more absolute incompetence, we'll have to be here till ******* Tuesday. 

The pharmacy said, "if anyone had called us today we could've changed it and received it for tomorrow". WHAT? I ******* reminded them 3 or 4 times and was told each time that it was taken care of.

I'm so pissed right now!

• Angry 1

That just sucks!!   After he is released I would be all over them about the incompetence.  Somebody’s ass would fry over this.  How many times should you have to remind them?   Actually ZERO!! They should not have to be reminded.  They know what they need, where and how to get it.  Just do your job people!!!  I hate James and y’all are having to go through this crap.  Know our Prayers are with you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, around4ever said:

That just sucks!!   After he is released I would be all over them about the incompetence.  Somebody’s ass would fry over this.  How many times should you have to remind them?   Actually ZERO!! They should not have to be reminded.  They know what they need, where and how to get it.  Just do your job people!!!  I hate James and y’all are having to go through this crap.  Know our Prayers are with you. 

That's exactly it! They have had since Monday and still screwed it up. It's pure incompetence and wholly unacceptable

And the guys just keeping coming...

Yesterday after his PICC surgery he was supposed to get his factor 3 times  every 2 hours...he didn't get any. I didn't know this because I passed out from exhaustion and James was passed out on meds.

The did a blood draw Wednesday, he was dehydrated so it was a little more difficult so they tried one vein in his right bicep. Well, they didn't dose him correctly on his factor after that either. It has continued to bleed, albeit at a slower rate. So, he woke this morning with a huge hematoma there and it's really swollen and now he's unable to straighten it.

They then said that even if we got the antibiotics issue resolved they didn't feel confident to send him home because the bleed I. His are isn't resolved.

It's just a cluster f***

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Here's a pic of his arm

20200905_140207.jpg

Can you get the med tech for child abuse?  That looks horrible.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Can you get the med tech for child abuse?  That looks horrible.

A lot of his bleeds look like that if not worse...and yes, they are very painful

• Like 1

We got James home yesterday evening. He is still in a lot of pain, but being home and in his own bed has been great for his emotions...ours too

• Like 1
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We got James home yesterday evening. He is still in a lot of pain, but being home and in his own bed has been great for his emotions...ours too

Damn. Have y'all even all been in a room together since this has all been going on?

Glad it's lifting his spirits to be home!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Damn. Have y'all even all been in a room together since this has all been going on?

Glad it's lifting his spirits to be home!

Honestly, I don't think so. He went on the 28th of August. It's been a rough stretch

• Sad 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Honestly, I don't think so. He went on the 28th of August. It's been a rough stretch

Again I can only say damn. But the focus is on him being home now and that's a major upgrade. Hope you guys have a long, lazy weekend together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone explain this to me...

We've been doing treatments every 4 hours since he's been home and his arm is slowly getting better, but he now just let me know that he now has a bleed in his right ankle/shin and can't walk.  ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!  

He can never have a break from his suffering. We're all just beyond all of it...

• Sad 1