Uniforms

In my opinion I think our uniforms are pathetic.  We look like a softball team instead of a baseball team.  I looked last night at Florida's uniforms versus ours and the FL look is so much better.  I would hope that in the immediate future we go to all white home uniforms with "TIGERS" across the front and all gray away uniforms with "AUBURN" across the front.  Heck, at least we would look like a baseball team. 

• 1 month later...

I don't. I like our uniforms. I hate those grey ones....nothing distinctive about them. And I think FL has some of the ugliest baseball uniforms out there. Lots of talent on the field....but not in the uniform design. ;)

Only about two or three authentic baseball unis anymore.  I mean,  you can't beat those Yankee pinstripes.  With these multi-million $$ contracts with Nike, UA and such we are lucky they show up in the same outfit two games in a row. 

Only about two or three authentic baseball unis anymore.  I mean,  you can't beat those Yankee pinstripes.  With these multi-million $$ contracts with Nike, UA and such we are lucky they show up in the same outfit two games in a row. 

Authentic would mean knickers and knee socks.  :laugh:

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=AL&city=New+York&lowYear=1900&highYear=2012&sort=year&increment=15

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/timeline.htm#1849

My memory starts in the 1950s so I will concede on anything prior to that.  Notice the dramatic change in 1959...new design of leggings which they kept for about another 30 years. 

Good site however...the Yankees changed their unis about as often as AU football does.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

BTW... I Love the uniforms they are wearing this first home stand against Maine. Classy.

and we swept em... coinsidence???

Yes, hindsight being 20-20, any time this team sweeps somebody is coincidence.

The uni's are too busy... too many combo's... and I don't like the white cleats (b/c unless players clean them before every game, they look tan)...

Quick suggestion to Coach Paw:

Don't wear white on white, with white shoes... that's TOO MUCH WHITE!!!

-white hats

-white shirts

-white pants

-white shoes

Looks stupid!!! Absolutely stupid!!!

Throw in those ridiculous white helmets, and you have a cute looking softball uniform!

I hate what UnderArmour and Nike are doing to uniforms of all sports. Tradition should mean something.

I agree with the Nike feelings, but UA has done a good job of leaving well enough alone. Carolina has their traditional white, garnett, black, and gray jerseys (always have) and bc of their support of WW, they now have camo. AU they haven't changed the feel at all, simply done their best to streamline some of the lines (never said I liked it, but it's leaving well enough alone - except the tramp stamp). Maryland is the only exception with UA that I'm aware of, and that's because they are their flagship and have no real "tradition" in their uniform to begin with.

Nike, on the other hand, is just awful.

Archived