2014 4* QB Jacob Park (Georgia signee)

JFDTiger80

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VT just got a commit from QB Travon McMillian.

Would this help us in landing Park or too early to tell?

Could not hurt. I know the coaches are really on him.

Cue the baseless banter, but his Twitter pic is of him in an AU hat on one of his AU visits...

https://twitter.com/JacobPark10

:rolleyes:

I don't want to read too much into it because it's just a twitter profile picture, but to me that means that he thinks that he looks gooooooooood in some Orange and Blue. :D

It would be pretty big if Gus and Co. could get the #3 QB in the class IMO. I like Park and I hope he likes us too.

Cue the baseless banter, but his Twitter pic is of him in an AU hat on one of his AU visits...

:rolleyes:

I don't want to read too much into it because it's just a twitter profile picture, but to me that means that he thinks that he looks gooooooooood in some Orange and Blue. :D

It would be pretty big if Gus and Co. could get the #3 QB in the class IMO. I like Park and I hope he likes us too.

I really want Park but for accuracy purposes Park is ranked from 7th to 10th on all 4 sites.

:rolleyes:/>

I don't want to read too much into it because it's just a twitter profile picture, but to me that means that he thinks that he looks gooooooooood in some Orange and Blue. :D/>

I really want Park but for accuracy purposes Park is ranked from 7th to 10th on all 4 sites.

My bad, he retweeted something about being ranked #3 and the #1 player from SC

• 1 month later...

And another QB domino falls.

Yea, Doss might commits to :ut: this weekend.

Down to TWO: Watson and Harris.

For now.

Looks like one to me. I think Watson is already committed. Seriously if he does flip don't you think it would be late in the game. Seems like most QBs commit in spring and summer now days. Everyone wants their quarterback early. Very few wait but occasionally you see one decommit. Usually only with coaching changes.

Looks like one to me. I think Watson is already committed. Seriously if he does flip don't you think it would be late in the game. Seems like most QBs commit in spring and summer now days. Everyone wants their quarterback early. Very few wait but occasionally you see one decommit. Usually only with coaching changes.

It would be late. If Morris leaves Clemson and Auburn does not get Harris they will be in on Watson.

We need to get Harris to commit or we well, will stop talking to him or something. I forgot we got no backup plan. We have to get a QB this class. We can't bet on Watson, if the coaches don't believe there is at least a 75% chance, we have to get Harris or someone of his caliber.

QB position does concern me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jacob did well at Diflers elite QB'S camp. Georgia has another good QB coming.

Interesting. Hmm. Lefty was talking inside info to recruits in the first of Oct. What a prick.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/jul/11/qb-picking-uga-over-alabama-almost-committing-aubu/

"Which school finished third for you? “Virginia Tech was my No. 1 for a while because I had a good relationship with (assistant Scot Loeffler) when he was at Auburn. I was going to commit to Auburn last year. But then all that stuff happened, and he ended up getting fired. He went to Virginia Tech, and I’ve got family there. But once I picked up an offer from Alabama and Georgia, it just didn’t seem real to pick Virginia Tech over those two schools.”

• Wait a minute. You almost committed to Auburn? “Actually, on my birthday (Oct. 12), I was going to commit. Then Coach Loeffler kind of said under his hat that some things might be happening. ‘I don’t know if you want to commit right now.’ I was also hearing from my coach and all over the media that something was about to happen at Auburn. I held off from committing, and I’m glad I did.”
  • Did Auburn’s new staff reach out to you? “Yes sir, they called quite a bit. But I just didn’t have any interest in them after the coaching change.”

Interesting. Hmm. Lefty was talking inside info to recruits in the first of Oct. What a prick.

http://www.ajc.com/w...ommitting-aubu/

"Which school finished third for you? “Virginia Tech was my No. 1 for a while because I had a good relationship with (assistant Scot Loeffler) when he was at Auburn. I was going to commit to Auburn last year. But then all that stuff happened, and he ended up getting fired. He went to Virginia Tech, and I’ve got family there. But once I picked up an offer from Alabama and Georgia, it just didn’t seem real to pick Virginia Tech over those two schools.”

• Wait a minute. You almost committed to Auburn? “Actually, on my birthday (Oct. 12), I was going to commit. Then Coach Loeffler kind of said under his hat that some things might be happening. ‘I don’t know if you want to commit right now.’ I was also hearing from my coach and all over the media that something was about to happen at Auburn. I held off from committing, and I’m glad I did.”
  • Did Auburn’s new staff reach out to you? “Yes sir, they called quite a bit. But I just didn’t have any interest in them after the coaching change.”

Wow....and you just know that Lefty's advice was bound to get back to some kids at AU. How inspiring that must have been.

Just another sample of the train wreck that was going on behind our backs.

Very unprofessional of Loeffler. I had felt slightly sorry for the guy, thinking he got caught up in a mess not of his own making. After seeing that, good riddance.

Saw a very interesting comment in an AJC article about QB Jacob Park choosing UGA:

Wait a minute. You almost committed to Auburn? “Actually, on my birthday (Oct. 12), I was going to commit. Then Coach Loeffler kind of said under his hat that some things might be happening. ‘I don’t know if you want to commit right now.’ I was also hearing from my coach and all over the media that something was about to happen at Auburn. I held off from committing, and I’m glad I did.”

Didnt remember seeing it discussed here. I normally take recruiting comment with a total grain of salt, but for a top recruit to say our OC told him to not commit all the way back in early Oct is disturbing. I know we all saw the writing on the wall, but that's extremely unprofessional conduct by someone getting paid big bucks by the university.

I know we all saw the writing on the wall, but that's extremely unprofessional conduct by someone getting paid big bucks by the university.

Actually I saw it more as a coach looking out for a kid's best interest when he knew that him committing to a program in turmoil that was facing a coaching change at the end of the season probably wasn't the best idea. I see nothing wrong wrong with it.

I know we all saw the writing on the wall, but that's extremely unprofessional conduct by someone getting paid big bucks by the university.

Actually I saw it more as a coach looking out for a kid's best interest when he knew that him committing to a program in turmoil that was facing a coaching change at the end of the season probably wasn't the best idea. I see nothing wrong wrong with it.

kickinwang I agree. It takes a man of character and integrity to do what right when he doesn't necessarily have to do so.

The player would have been a commit at that time not a signee. Plenty de-commit and plenty did last year at AU.

Archived