2014 4* QB Jacob Park (Georgia signee)

JFDTiger80

Saw that aupops mentioned that QB Jacob Park from South Carolina was visiting AU next weekend. I was able to find freshman highlights, but could not find Soph. highlights.

I thought we might want a thread on him. He looks good and aupops says CL is very high on him.

He can run and throw.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per BM: "2014 QB Jacob Park from Stratford in Goose Creek, S.C., is wrapping up his visit to Auburn and should be leaving soon. He is the Tigers' top QB target for the 2014 class."

Sounds like South Carolina and Clemson will probably be tough to beat for him, but we have done it before and can do it again, get after them coaches!  WDE!! :wareagle:

Guest EagleDamnWar

It was his first visit to Auburn and not the last one.  Visited with father, mother, and grandfather who loved it.  It was his "best visit yet." Looking at Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida and Georgia.". Going to return in fall for a couple of games

• 1 month later...

Per 247...

Park's Coach set a date of July 27th in asking teams to wait til then to offer Park. Auburn was the first team and offered at 9 that morning. Auburn has stood out more than any team so far. Expects to commit somewhere by the end of this year.

• 2 months later...

saw he likes auburn and is auburn top choice. td says he is close to committing.

This is the trending idea.

• 6 months later...

Free QB post from BMatt Link

Auburn is stiil talking to (Deshaun) Watson and trying to get him down for a practice. However, I do consider him a longshot at this time. Auburn is trying to make a move with Jacob Park again. He's a top target.

He is in a class with Harris and some others IMO. All are very good. He was at some games last year. Saw him outside JHS at one game.

Went to one of his games last year. Said "War Eagle" to him & he turned around and smiled. I also sat w/ one of Stratford's asst. hoops coaches, & he told me Jake loved Auburn.

Now granted this was the weekend after his LSU visit, and everything's changed since then (including the fact that we no longer have Loeffler, who he enjoyed talking to). However, I know he certainly loved AU, so hopefully that means good things still.

I've always liked Park, but he is my new favorite!

Tough kid... Throws well, but athletic enough to make things happen.

http://www.thekeypla...-wants-be-hokie

Former 2014 Auburn QB Commit Wants to be a Hokie

From ESPN article about Under Armor: South Carolina combine:

Coaching change costs Auburn QB commit

Although he played with a sprained MCL, ESPN 2014 Watch List quarterback Jacob Park (Goose Creek, S.C./Stratford) was still able to throw for 2,239 yards and 24 touchdowns. Programs like Auburn, NC State, UNC and Tennessee have already offered the 6-4, 200 pound prospect, one of which came very close to getting an early commitment from Park.

“Auburn was sticking out to me and that is where I planned to commit Oct. 12 on my birthday, but I caught wind on what might happen and then it did happen and everyone got fired, so that kind of started my process over,” Park said. "I have not spoken to any of the new coaches yet."

As it stands now, the Tar Heels have moved into the lead for the talented passer, although another ACC program could easily take that spot if they were to extend an offer.

“I am really high on UNC right now,” Park said. “I really want to go to Virginia Tech so I hope they offer me soon. I have family around there, I grew up around there and I always thought about going there. If they offered I would most likely go there because they are my favorite.”

If the Hokies do not offer, Park is prepared to find a good landing spot elsewhere.

“Other than that I am open to anyone,” Park said. “I want to find a place where I can play early and get a good education. I have to like the coaches and have a good relationship with them. I love that most of the coaches want to develop me into a strong man.”

-----------------

Now I haven't looked up any film on the guy but I find that very interesting. At 6'4" he has good height but is undersized at 200lbs. Anybody that knows any information is welcome to share it as this was a nice bit of info to see. [/font]

UNC recruiting Park hardest

The most recent team to offer four-star 2014 quarterback Jacob Park of Goose Creek (S.C.) Stratford is the one that's recruiting him the hardest.

http://247sports.com...-hardest-110424

http://www.thekeypla...-wants-be-hokie

Former 2014 Auburn QB Commit Wants to be a Hokie

From ESPN article about Under Armor: South Carolina combine:

Coaching change costs Auburn QB commit

Although he played with a sprained MCL, ESPN 2014 Watch List quarterback Jacob Park (Goose Creek, S.C./Stratford) was still able to throw for 2,239 yards and 24 touchdowns. Programs like Auburn, NC State, UNC and Tennessee have already offered the 6-4, 200 pound prospect, one of which came very close to getting an early commitment from Park.

“Auburn was sticking out to me and that is where I planned to commit Oct. 12 on my birthday, but I caught wind on what might happen and then it did happen and everyone got fired, so that kind of started my process over,” Park said. "I have not spoken to any of the new coaches yet."

As it stands now, the Tar Heels have moved into the lead for the talented passer, although another ACC program could easily take that spot if they were to extend an offer.

“I am really high on UNC right now,” Park said. “I really want to go to Virginia Tech so I hope they offer me soon. I have family around there, I grew up around there and I always thought about going there. If they offered I would most likely go there because they are my favorite.”

If the Hokies do not offer, Park is prepared to find a good landing spot elsewhere.

“Other than that I am open to anyone,” Park said. “I want to find a place where I can play early and get a good education. I have to like the coaches and have a good relationship with them. I love that most of the coaches want to develop me into a strong man.”

-----------------

Now I haven't looked up any film on the guy but I find that very interesting. At 6'4" he has good height but is undersized at 200lbs. Anybody that knows any information is welcome to share it as this was a nice bit of info to see. [/font]

UNC recruiting Park hardest

The most recent team to offer four-star 2014 quarterback Jacob Park of Goose Creek (S.C.) Stratford is the one that's recruiting him the hardest.

http://247sports.com...-hardest-110424

Look at the dates in those links. They are outdated at 3 months old. Va. Tech offered when they hired Loeffler and are now projected to get him. Besides, UNC has a very high 4* QB committed named Caleb Henderson. And Park was never an AU commit.

Look at the dates in those links. They are outdated at 3 months old. Va. Tech offered when they hired Loeffler and are now projected to get him. Besides, UNC has a very high 4* QB committed named Caleb Henderson. And Park was never an AU commit.

Not sure I'm following you e. JP still wants to be a Hokie either way, right, even though the first link is only 3 months old ?

http://247sports.com/Player/Jacob-Park-20348

Not sure I'm following you e. JP still wants to be a Hokie either way, right, even though the first link is only 3 months old ?

http://247sports.com...acob-Park-20348

It was more pumping UNC and said he did not have a Va. Tech offer. Therefore outdated.

Archived