2014 4* QB Jacob Park (Georgia signee)

JFDTiger80

This article is in the Jacob Park thread in the Rivals section. Since Park nor Lefty is apart of Auburn now I am merging this thread over there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we all saw the writing on the wall, but that's extremely unprofessional conduct by someone getting paid big bucks by the university.

Actually I saw it more as a coach looking out for a kid's best interest when he knew that him committing to a program in turmoil that was facing a coaching change at the end of the season probably wasn't the best idea. I see nothing wrong wrong with it.

kickinwang I agree. It takes a man of character and integrity to do what right when he doesn't necessarily have to do so.

To you both. The conversation he is talking about occurred 4 games into the season, between the LSU and Arky games. If Loeffler was that principled, he should have just resigned instead of cashing his $500K/year salary and the buyout that went along with it. He would have been looking out for the best interest of Auburn then. I guess Loeffler knew after 4 games he would be fired. LOL @ man of integrity doing the right thing.

My point exactly ironman...

We paid him a nice salary and on top that, a nice buyout.

Not saying he should lie to kids, but he was paid to be one of our top recruiters as an OC. To blatantly tell a top recruit to not commit is a clear violation of ethics.

If that isn't unprofessional, I don't know what is.

That's interesting...play LSU tough, bye week, then the wheels fall off. Something happened around that bye week. Did Coach Chizik basically fire Leoffler around that bye week, or right after the Oct. 6th game against Arkansas where we looked like warmed up garbage (like maybe told him that if he couldn't get better offensive production from him then he should pack his bags, or whatever), then he tells Park that something might happen and that he should hold off on any commitment on Oct 12th.

That's interesting...play LSU tough, bye week, then the wheels fall off. Something happened around that bye week. Did Coach Chizik basically fire Leoffler around that bye week, or right after the Oct. 6th game against Arkansas where we looked like warmed up garbage (like maybe told him that if he couldn't get better offensive production from him then he should pack his bags, or whatever), then he tells Park that something might happen and that he should hold off on any commitment on Oct 12th.

Exactly. A lot of fantasy coaches on this board saying what should and shouldn't be done by the staff when none of us know what was going on. Lefty was honest...that's it. And that's more than can be said for a lot of coaches in this game. That's more than can be said for a lot of his Co-workers at the time too apparently.

He was wrong. Period. He was employed as a coach and recruiter for Auburn. Many times, we hear committed to the school not the coach. It goes the same way for coaches. You recruit for the school, not the coach. He obviously wasn't recruiting for Auburn.

As long as Loeffler was on Auburn's payroll, he was supposed to recruit for Auburn. Period. Telling any recruit we wanted not to commit to AU was unethical of him. I suppose I had a higher opinion of him than most here, but that's gone now.

He was wrong. Period. He was employed as a coach and recruiter for Auburn. Many times, we hear committed to the school not the coach. It goes the same way for coaches. You recruit for the school, not the coach. He obviously wasn't recruiting for Auburn.

I'm not sure loyalty means what is once did. I'm not sure how much loyalty you can or should expect from a one year coach who knows he is about to have his contract terminated.

I'm not sure loyalty means what is once did. I'm not sure how much loyalty you can or should expect from a one year coach who knows he is about to have his contract terminated.

I have been in more than a couple of job interviews where a competitor has tried to pry information from me that would hurt the company I was employed by at the time of the interview. Some of these situations were good , but in one I was working for a first class worm and couldn't wait to leave. At no time did I give my interviewers any competitive info about the company I was taking a paycheck from. And my AU grad Dad would leave the grave and kick me from here to College street if I ever did.

Another reason to dislike Loeffler. If he knew he was getting fired that early in the season, that probably explains why his playcalling looked like my 6 year old daughter was calling signals for us last year. I think we ran 6 different plays the entire last half of the season. I don't care how much a headcoach is handcuffing you, Lefty should have been able to move the ball with the talent we had on offense. Everyone keeps saying how we will see the REAL Loeffler this coming season??? I may be wrong, but it appears that he has hung his hat on being friends with Tom Brady.

Hearing this just makes me realize that Auburn made the right decision to can him after 1 year.

Also, if this can be PROVEN, then Auburn should should go after some of, if not all, of Lefty's buyout. I'm sure there was a clause in his contract regarding this type of situation.

Exactly. A lot of fantasy coaches on this board saying what should and shouldn't be done by the staff when none of us know what was going on. Lefty was honest...that's it. And that's more than can be said for a lot of coaches in this game. That's more than can be said for a lot of his Co-workers at the time too apparently.

Your altruistic concern for the recruit is a non-issue and is addressed with the ability for him to decommit. But, you seem to intentionally keep missing something when it comes to honesty. Was it honest for Loeffler to cash his Auburn check, then work against Auburn's best interest ? He was paid $1.5 million, his 1 year salary and complete buyout. What he did was not only dishonest but is subject to claw back provisions if Auburn was so inclined.

If he was saying this to a recruit, what else could he have been saying ? To be considered "honest", Loeffler had 2 choices. Be an honest man of principle and resign, or be honest by doing what he was paid very good money to do, recruit and coach. He did neither. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that, unless you have another agenda at work.

Your altruistic concern for the recruit is a non-issue and is addressed with the ability for him to decommit. But, you seem to intentionally keep missing something when it comes to honesty. Was it honest for Loeffler to cash his Auburn check, then work against Auburn's best interest ? He was paid $1.5 million, his 1 year salary and complete buyout. What he did was not only dishonest but is subject to claw back provisions if Auburn was so inclined.

If he was saying this to a recruit, what else could he have been saying ? To be considered "honest", Loeffler had 2 choices. Be an honest man of principle and resign, or be honest by doing what he was paid very good money to do, recruit and coach. He did neither. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that, unless you have another agenda at work.

Brilliant

• 4 weeks later...

To do anything detrimental to the person or entity that is paying your salary is both unprofessional and unethical! CSL is both for doing so. He is NO hero, people! I'm glad the POS is gone!

Predict this and it will make you feel better.

Will SL?

A ) at VT, become a great college offensive mind that is highly pursued by other college teams?

B ) or fall on is arse in a weaker conference comparable to his time at AU?

Didn't Lefty work under Bellichec for Patriots? Enough said....

Didn't Lefty work under Bellichec for Patriots? Enough said....

No.

Oh...I stand corrected....dunno where I got that from.

Thinking he worked with Brady at New England instead of Michigan.

Archived