The Positives Thread

lewisbr

1. Successful rushing attack

2. Lemonier was hot with 2 sacks

3. Quan Bray looked good. Especially on KO returns. If their kicker hadn't kicked so far every time, we would have had better field position

Let's hear it guys and girls. I know we can definitely improve in all areas but this team showed many positive attributes

Quan bray's blocking on the perimeter was fun to watch. Of course, Jay Prosch blew up someone every time he had a chance. Tunde played well as far as I could tell, and so did Avery and Greg. Jake put a lick on Ellington. Dee had a good sack on the first series. Daren Bates made a lot of plays. Cody Parkey and Steven Clark are the best punter kicker duo in college football.

Running game looked very good.

DE's got upfield

Daren Bates played very good

Jermaine Whitehead did pretty good at the Safety position

Blake and Lutz balled

Parkey was great

Kiehl did ok for his first start

WR blocking was sooo much better than last season

We played good enough to win even after allowing 500 plus total yards, a lot if it coming from a great back in Ellington. If he can stay healthy, Ellington could have a great season.we are better than we looked, but need to correct some things by 11 am Saturday.

i didn't see those frequent, stupid, soul crushing penalties that have been such a problem in the past. This team seems to be a little more disciplined. With some more real game experience, I can see these kids having fewer and fewer penalties as the season progresses.

Jay P. is the real deal.

Blake and Lutz performed as expected.

Mason and OMAC seem to have it going on.

Kickers were awesome.

DE's played pretty well.

O-line is ahead of where I thought they'd be.

No major injuries.

At least we're not fans of:

Savannah State: lost to Oklahoma State 84-0 (mercy rule anyone?)

Houston: lost to first year FBS opponent Texas State (as a 34.5 underdog) 30-13

USC: Being hit with new allegations of booster corruption to football and basketball athletes

Penn State: lost to Ohio University

Always great to be an Auburn Tiger.

The score was in the 20's, that was great. If we can do that, we will have a chance to win games.

Rushing was good, but need to be better in the red zone

WR were open

Kicking/Punting was good

Tackling looked good at times

QB play also looked good at times (not bad for first start)

Runs to our left were productive (either our strength on O-line or their weakness on D-line)

Tre had a good night

Confident in Parkey - if we need him in the clutch, he will perform

Ready to see improvements for nest week.

:wareagle:

We have improved and can improve more.

I think we looked a lot better than some other teams that played yesterday. Florida had 10 or 11 penalties in the first half. UGA struggled with Buffalo in the first half. Murray was sacked WAY too many times.

We played a complete game.

Just to clear this up, we would've lost by 30 to this team last year.

Whether people want to admit it our not, our defense is already better than last year. You are one amazing play by Clemson's running back away from a totally different game. Couple that with a horrible replay call on the Boyd fumble, you have a 10 point turnaround.

Whether people want to admit it our not, our defense is already better than last year. You are one amazing play by Clemson's running back away from a totally different game. Couple that with a horrible replay call on the Boyd fumble, you have a 10 point turnaround.

clemson didn't get any points on that drive. Our guys had a huge sack on a third down play and took them out of field goal range.

We had some positives. Running game was stout. Our OL played well IMO. Prosch was very impressive. Not many positives on D, but it is only the first game of the season against a very tough O, scheme wise. Coach BVG is a proven DC with an incredible resume. He will get things fixed.

Yea, I've been one of the more optimistic ones per last night's performance, but come on man...

"We would've lost by 30 to this team last year" - we lost by 14 last year. So at the same time our team in your mind is 16 points worse than last year's team or Clemson is 16 points better than last year's Clemson's team (despite Clmson scoring 12 fewer points). And you claim the defense is better (which I don't disagree with). All this in addition to Clemson not having Watkins and their receivers dropping balls like it was a hot potato. I was upset about 3 specific calls, but saying we would've lost by 30 last year to this Clemson team? What are you talking about?

clemson didn't get any points on that drive. Our guys had a huge sack on a third down play and took them out of field goal range.

We had some positives. Running game was stout. Our OL played well IMO. Prosch was very impressive. Not many positives on D, but it is only the first game of the season against a very tough O, scheme wise. Coach BVG is a proven DC with an incredible resume. He will get things fixed.

Have people forgotten just how bad Clemson's defense is? Yes, the running game is definitely a strength of this team, but they aren't going to have that kind of success against better SEC defenses. And the running game in the red zone was non existent. The fact that they hung only one TD on Clemson makes me think Auburn could be in for a long season offensivel unless Frasior finds his accuracy and fast.

Clemson's D is much improved over the meltdown at the end of the season last year. They fired that coach and brought in a new one that was much better.

We have come a long way from this time last year. Remember, it took us a miracle to beat a non-BCS school that had a true freshman QB. This year, we could have easily won against the #14 team if a couple plays had gone a different direction.

Have people forgotten just how bad Clemson's defense is? Yes, the running game is definitely a strength of this team, but they aren't going to have that kind of success against better SEC defenses. And the running game in the red zone was non existent. The fact that they hung only one TD on Clemson makes me think Auburn could be in for a long season offensivel unless Frasior finds his accuracy and fast.

If our team doesn't improve, you are right. We are in for a long season. I think our team will improve. The reason our running game was not effective in the red zone is because we didn't use it in the red zone. I also believe that will be fixed. Our guys were playing in new system's on both sides of the ball. Also, our coordinator's were seeing what our guys can do, in a game, for the first time. I expect adjustments to be made by our staff.

Archived