Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

Scofflaw lost a Super Bowl bet with Shipyard Brewing. They lost the bet, but in the end we all won. Damn good beer. They might actually put it in the regular rotation.

17554227_10155210512913308_2630229858850   17634818_10155210512883308_7975309572587

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good haul from the Pig. One more of those BBA Ten Fidys, Orpheus Transmigration of Souls DIPA and Orpheus the Ferryman stout.

Trying the Transmigration of Souls now. It's good. 

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

kYB0KiA.jpg

Sounds interesting. How was it?

34 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Been enjoying the Dirty Bastard that I picked up last weekend. I really like Founder's beers. Question...KBS, worth the hype?

I don't think KBS is worth running around chasing the beer truck. It's worth buying if you happen upon a 4 pack. 

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don't think KBS is worth running around chasing the beer truck. It's worth buying if you happen upon a 4 pack. 

Copy that.

The beer hype machine is in full effect. I can't get Founders up here anyway. 

Once my yard work duties are done, headed to my local brewery for a flight or 3.

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Copy that.

The beer hype machine is in full effect. I can't get Founders up here anyway. 

Once my yard work duties are done, headed to my local brewery for a flight or 3.

Just got done with my yardwork. First of the spring. Been at it since 8:30.

Citrusinensis going down very easy right now. 

On 4/1/2017 at 1:41 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Agree 100%. KBS is another one of those Hall of Fame beers that is still quite good, but also has been caught up with a bit in the market. 

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agree 100%. KBS is another one of those Hall of Fame beers that is still quite good, but also has been caught up with a bit in the market. 

CBS is the one I really want to try.

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

CBS is the one I really want to try.

I'm curious if they've improved upon it from the first year. Another that was definitely good, but was it worth the hype (and $$$) generated by them adding one more flavor to an existing hype monster? Not for my money. Again, though, I haven't tried it since the first year they made it. 

On 3/31/2017 at 6:49 PM, Bigbens42 said:

Pretty good haul from the Pig. One more of those BBA Ten Fidys, Orpheus Transmigration of Souls DIPA and Orpheus the Ferryman stout.

Trying the Transmigration of Souls now. It's good. 

Orpheus is a cool little brewery. Everything they do is just a little different. Ferryman's pretty solid. Like a lot of stouts, it definitely needs to warm a little out of the fridge. 

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Very interesting. What are your thoughts, since this is one you can normally get your hands on? Bittersweet that it might be a better beer that you can't get as often/easily/at all for the short term? 

I see that effed up booze laws still reign supreme. 

Also just a really interesting snapshot into the lives of commercial brewers.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very interesting. What are your thoughts, since this is one you can normally get your hands on? Bittersweet that it might be a better beer that you can't get as often/easily/at all for the short term? 

I see that effed up booze laws still reign supreme. 

Also just a really interesting snapshot into the lives of commercial brewers.

I could almost sense this coming. With the new offering of Bloom and the DDH Envie and 4X, plus Ghost is fairly prevalent here now...seemed like a "new and improved" recipe would re-ignite that beer. They just better not new Coke that mofo...

Totally forgot. That Cafe Au lait coffee stout from Mudbug is good. Really nice flavor, but a bit thin. 

Also, hit up some Gnarley Barley while you are in NOLA. They are out of Hammond. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Totally forgot. That Cafe Au lait coffee stout from Mudbug is good. Really nice flavor, but a bit thin. 

Also, hit up some Gnarley Barley while you are in NOLA. They are out of Hammond. Good stuff.

Copy that. Gracias. 3 days.

Trying to remain horizontal as much as possible til then. Tweaked my knee something fierce yesterday playing soccer. Walking is slow, awkward and laborious. But that's my natural state down there anyway, I suppose...

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

No floaties in this year's release? Still a delicious citrus bomb. 

j9Kk7O2.jpg

I was slamming it after mowing grass Saturday. Had two before I remembered how hefty it is for a pale. It's too damn tasty. I regret nothing. 

13 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I was slamming it after mowing grass Saturday. Had two before I remembered how hefty it is for a pale. It's too damn tasty. I regret nothing. 

Yeah, it's a giant pale ale. Imperial APA(IAPA)? If there were such a thing. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@McLoofus

This may also be a reason for the retooling of Ghost...

360FA53B-F6F1-4BD0-8A8D-7A079FC0989D_zps

This is Great Raft's DIPA, Grace and Grit. It is gaining a ton a traction with beer folks here...

Dude, why'd you post a picture of orange juice?? Jk, that looks beautiful and it's absolutely what the market wants right now. Man. I want some. I want it real bad.

Archived