How about America and Gay marriage?

BamaGrad03

My thoughts on that is the license you receive from the court house should not be a "marriage license." It should be a license to a civil union. I think the word "marriage" should not be a legal term used by the state, but only a religious term. In my mind, people who were "married" by the JOP or a Judge don't have a "marriage" but rather have a legal civil union. Regardless of whether the couple is gay or straight.

118265[/snapback]

I can live with that.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason I have something against gay and lesbian marriages has nothing to do with my religious beliefs (even though that tells me it's wrong also). I'll agree that the majority of the time that homosexuality is not a choice. I think it is a mental disorder that needs to be treated. The same as someone wanting to commit bestiality. The sole purpose of sex is to produce offspring. It was made pleasurable so people would actually do it, therefore having sex with someone or something that it is biologicaly impossible to to have offspring is not natural or right.

I don't think they need to leagalize civil unions between homosexuals, they need to set up treatment programs to cure people of this mental disorder. Then make the homosexuals understand that they have two choices, either live with their mental problem and accept the consequences, or they can seek help to cure them of their problem.

The reason I have something against gay and lesbian marriages has nothing to do with my religious beliefs (even though that tells me it's wrong also). I'll agree that the majority of the time that homosexuality is not a choice. I think it is a mental disorder that needs to be treated. The same as someone wanting to commit bestiality. The sole purpose of sex is to produce offspring. It was made pleasurable so people would actually do it, therefore having sex with someone or something that it is biologicaly impossible to to have offspring is not natural or right.

I don't think they need to leagalize civil unions between homosexuals, they need to set up treatment programs to cure people of this mental disorder. Then make the homosexuals understand that they have two choices, either live with their mental problem and accept the consequences, or they can seek help to cure them of their problem.

118297[/snapback]

You better put your tinfoil body suit on.... You are about to get raked over the coals for this one...... :rolleyes:

Bama Bo = Jerry Falwell?

jaydubb pretty much summed up my sentiments here:

I stand up for an individual's rights to grease his own slide to hell.

We're all going to have to answer for ourselves eventually...and as far as gay marriage goes, it is legitimacy they are looking for in addition to all of the legal benefits granted to married couples. I do believe that if a state ratifies a "civil union", then there has to be a legal equivalent to divorce ("civil disunion"?).

My position is this: If gay couples want to go the legal route to ensure that their partners are taken care of, fine. If they want to go to a church that will perform same-sex marriages, fine. It does not cause me a moment of lost sleep. I don't think that the federal government should legitimize or subsidize any of the above, though.

My position is this: If gay couples want to go the legal route to ensure that their partners are taken care of, fine. If they want to go to a church that will perform same-sex marriages, fine. It does not cause me a moment of lost sleep. I don't think that the federal government should legitimize or subsidize any of the above, though.

That's pretty much my thoughts on the subject as well. I don't see what the government has to do with it one way or the other.

118297[/snapback]

Bama Bo....I couldn't have said it any better. I will hold a shield for you if anyone here starts throwing rocks.

I'm going to not respond to that because there is no way you two are serious . .you are obviously flame baiting . .

Homosexuality is just wrong, any way you slice it. A lot of people will disagree with me here and they have every right to. I dont want to see a shift in values in this country and legalizing gay marriages would be a step in the wrong direction. No, it doesn't directly hurt anyone for a gay couple to get married but I fear if thats made acceptable other things will follow. I wont go as far to say that homosexuality is a mental disorder but I dont believe certain people are just born gay. I think the vast majority were abused at some point. Im no expert on this but thats the way I see it.

I'm going to not respond to that because there is no way you two are serious . .you are obviously flame baiting . .

118551[/snapback]

Why do you not believe I'm serious? Do you not think that it is even possible? I'm trying to figure how it could NOT be a mental disorder. Hell, it may be caused by some type of chemical imbalance. But, regardless of the cause, as long as it is "accepted" behavior, it will always be here.

Homosexuality is just wrong, any way you slice it. A lot of people will disagree with me here and they have every right to. I dont want to see a shift in values in this country and legalizing gay marriages would be a step in the wrong direction. No, it doesn't directly hurt anyone for a gay couple to get married but I fear if thats made acceptable other things will follow. I wont go as far to say that homosexuality is a mental disorder but I dont believe certain people are just born gay. I think the vast majority were abused at some point. Im no expert on this but thats the way I see it.

118557[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said except for gay people having a mental disorder. I don't know about that. But I do know what the Bible says. It says plainly that homosexuality is dead wrong. It also states that we are ALL born sinners with a

born propensity toward commiting sins. (Romans 5:12). Homosexuality doesn't stem from a mental disorder. It stems from a heart problem. The only cure for that heart problem is Jesus Christ.

Archived