Cleveland Browns pushing for Saban

Wrights_Mill_Road

Saban could fart in Mal Moores dinner tonight and Mal would ask for seconds. That is how much he can get away with at UAT.

Nick Saban makes Mal's job easy, Anthony Grant is making Mal's job easy, Patrick Murphy is making Mal's job easy, Sarah Patterson made Mal's job easy. Everyone of those coaches could fart all over Mal and he'd ask for a little poo to go with it. :puke:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban could fart in Mal Moores dinner tonight and Mal would ask for seconds. That is how much he can get away with at UAT.

Nick Saban makes Mal's job easy, Anthony Grant is making Mal's job easy, Patrick Murphy is making Mal's job easy, Sarah Patterson made Mal's job easy. Everyone of those coaches could fart all over Mal and he'd ask for a little poo to go with it. :puke:

Who hired those coaches? Mal catches a lot of crap from us, and he should just because, but look at his hires and compare them to the outstanding hires our AD has made.

Who hired those coaches? Mal catches a lot of crap from us, and he should just because, but look at his hires and compare them to the outstanding hires our AD has made.

Oh, no doubt Mal Moore is an exceptional Athletic Director when compared to Jay Jacobs.

Mal also hired Franchione Price and Shula. He also tied to hire Rodriguez. Only when they gave him the cash for Saban's demanded salary did he get Saban with no buyout clause.

imo I think Saban will finish his career at alabama.....but, if he were to leave....Smart would be my next choice. The only reason I can see Saban leaving Alabama for the NFL is because he got bored. He is on top of the college football world right now. As for Mal Moore, he has made good hires of late........in the early 2000's he for sure had some busts (Fran, Price, Shula). I think Rich Rod was the back-up plan if Saban fell through. Im glad Rich Rod didnt end up at Alabama, thats for sure.

Mal also hired Franchione Price and Shula. He also tied to hire Rodriguez. Only when they gave him the cash for Saban's demanded salary did he get Saban with no buyout clause.

Fran was actually a good hire. Price wasn't. Shula was not a bad hire at the time. We couldn't get the best of the best to coach us while we were saddled with probation.

But you have to admit getting Saban and Grant were good hires. Though Saban may have been more of a right place right time sort of deal...

Also, you definitely can't give Mal credit for Sarah Patterson. The Bear hired her. Also, I believe Patrick Murphy was promoted from within...possibly before Mal became AD. They both were "hired" in '99, just not sure which came first.

When I 1st read the post I thought you said bear hired Patterson in 1999. That is some beyond the grave work there. For a minute I thought my crazy bammer fan aunts are right are the "risen Bear."

Also, you definitely can't give Mal credit for Sarah Patterson. The Bear hired her. Also, I believe Patrick Murphy was promoted from within...possibly before Mal became AD. They both were "hired" in '99, just not sure which came first.

Regardless if Mal "hired" those coaches or not, those coaches (Saban/Grant/Murphy/Patterson) combined make Mal's everyday job a whole lot easier, and the success of those coaches make Mal appear to be a great AD.

Mal had to have been instrumental in keeping Murphy from jumping to LSU - Murphy and his asst coach were pretty much packed and ready to move, something changed their minds and brought them back to Bama. Something stoked Murphy's fire, because he took those girls to the top.

Say that Brown is gone at Texas. Wouldn't saban be an absolute fool to turn that gig down if he is offered it? I think so.

Saban would be a fool to turn Texass down, and Saban may be a jackass, but he is a very smart man.

Now, the question remains, why did Texass keep Brown on for another year? Why didn't they go after Saban hot and heavy after he won the BCSNC in January?

Say that Brown is gone at Texas. Wouldn't saban be an absolute fool to turn that gig down if he is offered it? I think so.

Saban would be a fool to turn Texass down, and Saban may be a jackass, but he is a very smart man.

Now, the question remains, why did Texass keep Brown on for another year? Why didn't they go after Saban hot and heavy after he won the BCSNC in January?

Texas is scared of winning.

That sir is a very good question.

I'm having a hard time understanding why Saban would want to leave Bama for Texas, unless he just wants to live in Austin. His job could not be any more secure, he is paid very well, and his fanbase loves him.

I'm having a hard time understanding why Saban would want to leave Bama for Texas, unless he just wants to live in Austin. His job could not be any more secure, he is paid very well, and his fanbase loves him.

This. And is there any other place he could have as much control as he does now? There is nothing Nick Saban loves more than Nick Saban, and I don't think he could find a more mindless fan base to worship him.

This. And is there any other place he could have as much control as he does now? There is nothing Nick Saban loves more than Nick Saban, and I don't think he could find a more mindless fan base to worship him.

He's at one of the SEC's top programs, for the second time, and he's turned it into a machine. Aside from desiring the challenge of building another program, or some desire to live in Texas, I just don't see him going anywhere.

Texas is the premiere football program in the country, unlimited cash flow, best facilities in the country, and he will OWN the state of Texas.

BUT. He could be the first coach to win NCs at three different schools. That is legendary. And his ego is pretty big. Never know.

Texas is the premiere football program in the country, unlimited cash flow, best facilities in the country, and he will OWN the state of Texas.BUT. He could be the first coach to win NCs at three different schools. That is legendary. And his ego is pretty big. Never know.
That may be the only thing that would entice him to leave, I think. I doubt bama would let him get away just for money reasons.

I bet the governor of Alabama would expand the food stamp program so that all the bammers in the state could donate their paychecks to keep him here if that's what it took.

Texas is the premiere football program in the country, unlimited cash flow, best facilities in the country, and he will OWN the state of Texas.BUT. He could be the first coach to win NCs at three different schools. That is legendary. And his ego is pretty big. Never know.
That may be the only thing that would entice him to leave, I think. I doubt bama would let him get away just for money reasons.

I bet the governor of Alabama would expand the food stamp program so that all the bammers in the state could donate their paychecks to keep him here if that's what it took.

:big:

Saban will leave bama when his wife tells him she wants to move.

Agreed. Everyone knows that Mrs. Saban wears the pants in that house. Why else would Coach Saban be so mad all the time?

Saban will leave bama when his wife tells him she wants to move.

Agreed. Everyone knows that Mrs. Saban wears the pants in that house. Why else would Coach Saban be so mad all the time?

Because he does not get any.

Archived