General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we skip BP to get Taggart,Smart,Anderson,Franklin or Strong,we will not be hiring the best coach available.

I would be OK with Gus.Patterson is the only other guy on this list that is good as BP.

PM just posted that Smart is supposed to interview in Auburn coaching search..........see he does get his information from this board.LOL

PM still says Kirby is a longshot even with the interview.

If we skip BP to get Taggart,Smart,Anderson,Franklin or Strong,we will not be hiring the best coach available.

I would be OK with Gus.Patterson is the only other guy on this list that is good as BP.

Exactly.

From what I am hearing from a buddy that I used to work with that has some sources with the program is that Dye and JJ want Kirby Smart, and some of the big money boosters are really pushing Petrino. In the middle is Malzahn, a guy that both sides might compromise on.

When he told me this it made me sick. Why in the hell does Pat Dye's opinion matter at all? I hope he is wrong about JJ pulling for Smart. I would much rather have one of those other 2 options.

I agree. If Dye's opinion matters, then we should get the thoughts of Bowden, Tuberville, and Chizik too.

I think there is a good chance Kirby Smart will make a very good head coach. He is not my first choice as I think it is very important AU gets a known entity this time.

Going to have interview today ? the plus on hiring him he would bring in a great deff and recruiting then remove him from AL chapionship game and also might bring Mike Bobo as off cord !!

And then you woke up.....this is not even a plausible scenario. Even if it was there are far better candidates available...

I hope its not Malzhan either and Arkansas state was 10-3 last year....without malzahn

And the guy that preceded him had a good 1st season at Ole Miss - he maintained and improved that team with only 4 returning starters.....great coaching job IMO .....

Bama had no desire or cared to even try in that game. Solid win for Utah but I would not praise it.

Yeah, Bama mailed it in once they did not make it to the NC. I remember watching that game.

It amazes me how people fall for the bammer narrative.

I'm just going to start saying Auburn mailed this season in after the loss to MSU that knocked us out of the national championship race.

I hope its not Malzhan either and Arkansas state was 10-3 last year....without malzahn

This is just a really bad argument.

Im glad I'm not the only one that immediately came to that conclusion. If all you know about the situation is that he had the same record as the team had last year, you don't really know anything worth saying. That team lost a lot of players from their team last year.

Pretty mch this

+2

I'd rather have Kirby that Gus. Just my opinion.

Well then I say to you that you sir...are a moron!

Nah, I'm just kidding. I disagree totally because I don't see us getting to the top of the heap by being Bama Lite, but you are entitled to you (stupid) opinion.

Bama had no desire or cared to even try in that game. Solid win for Utah but I would not praise it.

Yeah, Bama mailed it in once they did not make it to the NC. I remember watching that game.

It amazes me how people fall for the bammer narrative.

I'm just going to start saying Auburn mailed this season in after the loss to MSU that knocked us out of the national championship race.

No. We mailed it in after the Arky game because their were so many leadership problems in the program. And my opinion has nothing to do with a "Bama narrative." I came to that logical conclusion on my own as I was watching the game.

Personally i wished that all of these guys would have to cut their teeth as HC of smaller schools (for more than 1 yr) like they used to with Dye and Saban but times have changed. What would be interesting to me is would Troop would be retained. I'd like to know their thoughts on him or anyone on our previous staff.

Archived