General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to start up a new thread for this topic but figured it would probably just be merged with this one so here goes:

Rank your top 3 favorite potential candidates that you would like to fill the AU HC position.

1.Gary Patterson HC at TCU

2. Bobby Petrino former HC at Louisville

3. Bob Stoops HC at OU

I understand Stoops is probably more of a pipe dream but I like his teams' swagger. Petrino would be an easy choice here minus the off the field baggage.

Patterson is my number 1 and was my number 1 last go-round because of how physical his teams play defense, create turnovers, and attack the QB. I love the way the guy carriers himself as a coach and would love to have him as HC.

At this point who knows what will happen though.... WDE

1.Gary Patterson HC at TCU

2. Bob Stoops HC at OU

3. Bobby Petrino

I see almost my identical several places....

1. Petrino

2. Patterson

3. Fisher, I guess?

4.Take a year off of football and see if #1 or #2 has changed their mind/come available

Why such a hard on for bobby Petrino by everyone? I don't get it, the man is (3-4) in bowl games. Not to mention his defenses have been terribly soft, and I can't put up with another four years of sh** defense. He always has a good quarterback for sure but time and time again he has been embarrassed by Alabama. I know not many people have beaten Dick Satan while he's been at Alabama but BP hardly ever even came close. Plus he hardly ever stays anywhere for long. I really hope he is not our choice.

How can people put Petrino over Patterson? I just don't see it.

The phenomenon is referred to as "target fixation." It can lead to crashing and burning.

Maybe the fact that he is a winning SEC coach who is a hard nosed coach, runs a clean program, develops players to get the best out of them, turns programs from perennial losers in perennial winner's and graduates players. These are the reason's I think he is the right coach over all others being mentioned lately. Do I approve of what he did OFF the field? Of course not! Do I think that after loosing millions of dollars in salary and endorsements, betraying his family who he loves, being embarrassed in front of the entire nation that he could change, learn from this and really change and become a better man? Yes I do and I think Auburn is the perfect place for him to redeem himself. I am not trying to change anybody's opinion about him but this is why I am in support of CBP being our next head coach. I will support whoever our next coach is because I love Auburn and will until my last breath

Well it is looking more and more like our choices will be assistant coaches and maybe Petrino...who would you pick? If you would select an assistant would you lean to an offensive or defensive guy?

Well is looking more and more like our choices will be assistant coaches and maybe Petrino...who would you pick? If you would select an assistant would you lean to an offensive or defensive guy?

Maybe our school is beeing seen as a hell hole for coaches, Im not sure I lean towards a offensive mind for a change but then if we were to go defense then it would have to be KS

Yep....the plane is back in Ft Worth :bananadance:/>

http://www.frogsowar...-gary-patterson

Patterson out he getting raise

For those that don't want to follow the link, the article is on SB Nation, Headline is "

Rumor: Contract Extension and Raise In Place For Gary Patterson"

Archived