General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is kirby smart Going to have interview today ? the plus on hiring him he would bring in a great deff and recruiting then remove him from AL chapionship game and also might bring Mike Bobo as off cord !!

Do you think we already have someone ihired but just not ready to announce them because they might be coaching in a bowl game? I mean if it were Petrino wouldn't they have already announced it.

My worst nightmare!!! Hell no!!!!!!!!

Why do you hate Pat Dye so much?

Pat Dye had 7 years as a head coach before Auburn ks has none. The only thing they have in common is being a coach at updyke u.

Do you think we already have someone ihired but just not ready to announce them because they might be coaching in a bowl game? I mean if it were Petrino wouldn't they have already announced it.

We officially know Arkansas offer Les the Job we know Tenn may have may not offer Jon G the job... what we know about Auburn...they like alot of coaches...sigh

My worst nightmare!!! Hell no!!!!!!!!

Why do you hate Pat Dye so much?

Pat Dye had 7 years as a head coach before Auburn ks has none. The only thing they have in common is being a coach at updyke u.

7 mediocre years. Also, I was just messing with you.

I seriously doubt Smart will be the next coach at Auburn. I see Smart as being hired maybe after next season by a mid-level program than will pay him a tad over a million $$$. Once he proves himself as a quality HC, will then land at an SEC, ACC, or Big 12 school that will pay him 2 million or more to be HC.

I must say that I was impressed with Gus Malzhan's season. He must have some very good HC attributes to do the job he did this season. I honestly think it will be between Petrino and Malzhan when the hammer drops! Either of these men will have a lot of success at Auburn if chosen.

Why do we have to do this again? Florida's HC was an assistant. Georgia's, too. Nothing wrong with hiring a superb assistant.

I can think of two problems with Smart. (1) He's coaching supremely talented players. What happens with more ordinary players? (2) We don't know much about his role in recruiting those players. (Or maybe I'm wrong.)

What I like about Charlie Strong, who does have HC experience, is we know how he recruits AND we say him improve Louisville immediately upon his appearance.

Doubt it and Petrino being one of the last to interview likely means he is not #1 on the short list.

From what I am hearing from a buddy that I used to work with that has some sources with the program is that Dye and JJ want Kirby Smart, and some of the big money boosters are really pushing Petrino. In the middle is Malzahn, a guy that both sides might compromise on.

When he told me this it made me sick. Why in the hell does Pat Dye's opinion matter at all? I hope he is wrong about JJ pulling for Smart. I would much rather have one of those other 2 options.

Going to have interview today ? the plus on hiring him he would bring in a great deff and recruiting then remove him from AL chapionship game and also might bring Mike Bobo as off cord !!

Word from all sides is he is losing steam and looks to be a long shot.

Going to have interview today ? the plus on hiring him he would bring in a great deff and recruiting then remove him from AL chapionship game and also might bring Mike Bobo as off cord !!

Word from all sides is he is losing steam and looks to be a long shot.

Hope you are right.

We don't have a coach hired. We want Patterson...we will see if it works out in the next 48 hours. A school would only wait for another coach if they were playing in the NC game or were an NFL coach...otherwise bowls don't really matter...though they still might coach the other team in a bowl.

Everything really started happening this morning. It is going to be a crazy 48-72 hours with a lot of rumors(mostly false) thrown out. A few more jobs will open up and complicate the situation. I fully expect Auburn to have a head coach by Weds AM. If we don't have one by then we either missed out on a lot of coaches or we are waiting for an NFL coach(which I don't think we are doing).

Anyone who tells you they know what will happen is lying..the committee(Crawford and Jacobs) doesn't know because they don't know what will happen with Patterson and they don't have a clear number 2...though we should start getting pieces of information to to help clear up the picture today.

I would put Patterson, Petrino, Malzahn, Strong, Franklin, Anderson, Taggart, Smart in the group of possibilities. If you hear Peterson, Jimbo, or Mora it is only because they are using us for leverage. I don't believe either of those 3 are real possibilities. I just don't see Briles or Dykes getting the job because of their lack of defense. I don't think Auburn can stomach a Briles(117th in points against) or Dykes(119th in points against).

After Patterson my personal favorite is Franklin or Anderson. Don't forget Anderson was the DC of that Utah team that dismantled Saban in the Sugar Bowl.

Bama had no desire or cared to even try in that game. Solid win for Utah but I would not praise it.

Yeah, Bama mailed it in once they did not make it to the NC. I remember watching that game.

Archived