AU / Bama

GaTigerFan

Well here we go with those same old arguments against the Bama D's #1 rating....who you play (both your opponent and your personnel). Those OOC patsies are likely boosting your overall stats. The common opponent argument, while interesting, does not factor in the fact that every one fo those games (except OM) was over in the first half and the 2nd and 3rd and even 4th string Auburn players were getting experience. The Bama D, however, is forced to play 1st stringers for the entire game due to depth and the inability to put the opponent away.

You do realize that we play a 10 man defensive line rotation in the first Q right? You do realize that we rotate 3 dbs in a 4-3 scheme the entire game right? Our middle linebackers split time the entire game. You do realize that Juwan Garth missed 3 games due to injury? So outside of Roman Harper, Charlie Peprah, and Demeco Ryans...every one of our players splits time with the backup.

Our sacks leader is a backup DE.

Our passes defended leader is a true freshman.

But the way I look at it...CW and RB wont be on the field that much at the same time.

119172[/snapback]

Then you haven't been paying attention to our running game this year. They're on the field together about 60% of the game.

You do realize that we play a 10 man defensive line rotation in the first Q right?

Nope, didn't know that. But it doesn't have much to do with your DBs.

You do realize that we rotate 3 dbs in a 4-3 scheme the entire game right?

Didn't realize that either. So you have one backup (assuming that by "db" you mean cornerback) that gets PT.

Our middle linebackers split time the entire game. You do realize that Juwan Garth missed 3 games due to injury? So outside of Roman Harper, Charlie Peprah, and Demeco Ryans...every one of our players splits time with the backup.

119174[/snapback]

Two of your dbs (in the true meaning of the word...safeties and corners are dbs) split no time. Super.

You're restating your case for your entire defensive ranking. If you'll notice, I was comparing the argument for #1 pass defense to the arguments for/against #1 total D. Sorry if that was unclear.

Though BamaGrad makes some very good arguments (some of which are going un-noticed)........come ob BG, Alabama's RB's a draw with Auburn's?

Like.....Alabama could have their best 2 RB's healthy and I will still pick Auburn's over them.

It's not even close.

I thought my explanation of my error in the original post was explained clearly on my part. ;)

I think there is a significant gap in FB play between the two teams. While i think there is an obvious talent advantage at RB for AU...i dont think the full advantage there will materialize due to the fact that CW and RB wont be used 100% of the time (together).

I thought my explanation of my error in the original post was explained clearly on my part. ;)

I think there is a significant gap in FB play between the two teams. While i think there is an obvious talent advantage at RB for AU...i dont think the full advantage there will materialize due to the fact that CW and RB wont be used 100% of the time (together).

119199[/snapback]

Considering we don't run a fullback most games, I'll give you that. However, Jake Slaughter is not slouch at FB. And the Brown/Carnell combo will be used at least 60% of the time together.

You do realize that we play a 10 man defensive line rotation in the first Q right? You do realize that we rotate 3 dbs in a 4-3 scheme the entire game right? Our middle linebackers split time the entire game. You do realize that Juwan Garth missed 3 games due to injury? So outside of Roman Harper, Charlie Peprah, and Demeco Ryans...every one of our players splits time with the backup.

In a point by point basis. Ahem....

So do we. (Actually, to get specific 5 DTs and 6-7 DEs)

So do we.

So do ours.

I'll take your Garth and raise you a Sears.

So is ours. Actually, I think he's third string. (Q. Groves)

You got us on that one. We've got seniors in the secondary.

All catagories being equal, the 1st team was off the field in most of those games.

So does Warrant and Striper and Skid Row and....Oh, you mean Jake Slaughter...

Nevermind....... :D

Archived