CHIZIK FIRED - Multiple sources

Gulf Breeze Tiger

And Oregons offense played so well against our great defense in 2010!

They kinda did. We just did better. But the conference that "doesn't play defense" held us to our second worse scorIng game of the year

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Scrap it. In 2009 Oregon lost 3 games. 2010 they lost one game. 2011 they have lost two games. It will never work. UF won two NC's running it. We won a NC running it. Johnny Freakin Football is going to win a heisman as a red-shirt freshman running it. It's a fad.

Yeah. Scrap it. In 2009 Oregon lost 3 games. 2010 they lost one game. 2011 they have lost two games. It will never work. UF won two NC's running it. We won a NC running it. Johnny Freakin Football is going to win a heisman as a red-shirt freshman running it. It's a fad.

We won our first NC in 50 years running it...

Texas a&m has looked great this year running a spread in the sec with...you guessed it, a heisman quarterback.

both teams in the seccg run pro style offense

While true, the two best D's are playing in the SECCG. I have been screaming, but nobody wants to listen, in the SEC D's are what wins championships. If the spread works it is a great O. If it doesn't then you are putting your D behind the 8-ball in a bad way. We won it with only O, but that was the exception and not the rule.

Florida under Myer ring any bells?

Texas a&m has looked great this year running a spread in the sec with...you guessed it, a heisman quarterback.

While true, the two best D's are playing in the SECCG. I have been screaming, but nobody wants to listen, in the SEC D's are what wins championships. If the spread works it is a great O. If it doesn't then you are putting your D behind the 8-ball in a bad way. We won it with only O, but that was the exception and not the rule.

Utah under MEyer. Ohio State under Meyer. It works. you just have to have the right coach.

Yeah and look what happened to Florida after Tebow left. Their spread looked awfully good then!

The spread isn't built to last. It crippled our defense and in the end, we were only mediocre without Cam.

Texas A&M says "LOL."

We'll see what they are without their version of Cam. And Oregon plays in a conference where no one plays defense at all.

If Saban hates it, then I want it!

True. UF did play some outstanding D under it. They didn't run a hurry up style like Gus does though. They ran a clock consuming spread that is kind of unique to Meyer IMO. Mullen has tried to do it at MSU. It is hard to get the players at MSU though IMO.

Yeah and look what happened to Florida after Tebow left. Their spread looked awfully good then!

You're right. I'm sure they're glad they dumped it for that piss poor offense they've had since. If they had any sort of offense they would be undefeated right now.

Gus is the reason we even won games under the Chizik era, why so quick to shoot the guy down? I'd welcome his scheme back with open arms.

Last year's Offense against Bama, UGA and LSU wasn't much better than this one.

You're right. I'm sure they're glad they dumped it for that piss poor offense they've had since. If they had any sort of offense they would be undefeated right now.

BUZZER. If they didn't have five or six turn-overs against UGA they would be undefeated. Their O has played well enough to win. Their D has been outstanding. They just played a horrible game against UGA who did everything they could to give the W to UF.

In 2010 they still ran the spread, under Meyer, but without Tebow. It was awful. They're actually much better now that they run the Boise State offense because all they have to do is play ball control and let the defense win for them. That's how you win CONSISTENTLY. That's the key word, because no team running the spread has consistently fielded a good team unless you play in a weak conference like the ACC or Pac-12. And they get eaten up when they play good SEC teams.

BUZZER. If they didn't have five or six turn-overs against UGA they would be undefeated. Their O has played well enough to win. Their D has been outstanding. They just played a horrible game against UGA who did everything they could to give the W to UF.

If they turned the ball over that much then obviously the O didn't play well enough to win. They also needs a blocked punt against ULL and squeaked by Bowling Green.

GUS ,WTF, our defense can't handle that , we would have to be deep on d to keep up .

Probably one of the most logically sound, simple statements made on this thread. Running the spread would crush our defense. Scoring on a 1 minute drive keeps your defense on the field way too long. You win by ball control offense and a physical defense.

If they turned the ball over that much then obviously the O didn't play well enough to win. They also needs a blocked punt against ULL and squeaked by Bowling Green.

You are right. They are 11-1 having played the toughest schedule in the nation. They suck!

In 2010 they still ran the spread, under Meyer, but without Tebow. It was awful. They're actually much better now that they run the Boise State offense because all they have to do is play ball control and let the defense win for them. That's how you win CONSISTENTLY. That's the key word, because no team running the spread has consistently fielded a good team unless you play in a weak conference like the ACC or Pac-12. And they get eaten up when they play good SEC teams.

I swear the arrogance of some people within the SEC is unreal. Apparently no one else in the county plays defense. I do know however the only teams able to defeat the all might tahd since 08, outside of LSU, have run the spread.

The spread isn't built to last. It crippled our defense and in the end, we were only mediocre without Cam.

Texas A&M says "LOL."

Saban is terrified of the HUNH Spread. He wants to outlaw it because he can't stop it. A&M and a freshman QB beat them in Tuscaloser.

Archived