Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please stop discussing Petrino. Why woud anyone want him. He is trouble.

I would almost bet you lie and cheat on your wife or girl friend. Lol

Once again this is an example of what the culture of this program has become. ..wining the NC was a blessing but becoming a curse

I cannot believe that this was posted. A curse? You need to do some soul searching and decide whether you want Auburn football to be successful or an average team. This is what is wrong with the culture within the Auburn fanbase. I really believe that some of you would rather lose and stay average than resemble a winning program and win championships. If this sounds like I am calling you out, then GOOD. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING. Good grief man grow a pair.

And in your mind what would a fanbase from a winning program look like?

We all want to win. It's just some of us still beleive that it can be done in the right way under the right leadership.

From what I have read on this board, not ours. Some of you have got to come to grips with something. This coaching hire is incredibly critical to where Auburn will go and to creating a winning culture within the program. It is okay to win championships. It doesn't make us look like Alabama. And I know that that is the one thing that I have heard many AU fans say.

"I would rather lose and be what we are, than win championships and resemble anything bammer."

The above statement is the issue. If you want to win games, you hire the best coach. If he happens to be a good guy, cool. If he doesn't then who gives a crap.

The vision that you have for the future of Auburn football is not much different than mine. I just have my reservations about Petrino being the coach based on past results.

I am sure there was alot of posters on Louisville message boards saying the same thing you are before they hired Petrino. I am sure that numerous people loved that he came to Arkansas. Has he taken either one of these programs to the promised land?

Petrino put Arkansas, ARKANSAS, on the national stage. That really isn't an easy thing to do. He is a great coach. I just don't see how anybody can question that. Now the off the field stuff can be debated IMO, but that is a seperate issue.

Not when the off the field issues cost Arkansas a shot at a special season and possibly more.

Again, that is a seperate issue. That has nothing to do with him as a coach. That was about him as a person. Two very seperate things in my book. You would hope he had learned from that. He has one more shot at this coaching thing. That's it. I am quite sure he understands that.

We can't mess up the 8-5ers' tempered expectations! Say this 1 million times to yourself:

"Must......temper.......expectations.........must.....go.....8-5......it's......the......Auburn.......way......."

;D/>

Must be like the 2012 Arkansas team.........Must be like the 2007 Falcons.........Must be like the 2007 Louisville team........

Real program builder you have there!!!

You can't be serious. How those teams performed after he left showed how valuable he was. Now the Falcons, I have no clue, don't keep up with the League that closely.

Once again this is an example of what the culture of this program has become. ..wining the NC was a blessing but becoming a curse

I cannot believe that this was posted. A curse? You need to do some soul searching and decide whether you want Auburn football to be successful or an average team. This is what is wrong with the culture within the Auburn fanbase. I really believe that some of you would rather lose and stay average than resemble a winning program and win championships. If this sounds like I am calling you out, then GOOD. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING. Good grief man grow a pair.

We all want to win. It's just some of us still beleive that it can be done in the right way under the right leadership.

From what I have read on this board, not ours. Some of you have got to come to grips with something. This coaching hire is incredibly critical to where Auburn will go and to creating a winning culture within the program. It is okay to win championships. It doesn't make us look like Alabama. And I know that that is the one thing that I have heard many AU fans say.

"I would rather lose and be what we are, than win championships and resemble anything bammer."

The above statement is the issue. If you want to win games, you hire the best coach. If he happens to be a good guy, cool. If he doesn't then who gives a crap.

Could not have said it better myself, we as a group seem to have this complex that needs changing. Its all most like the bammer media and fans has some how brainwashed some of our fan base in to believing the crap they spew. Im sure most if not all has heard this one before "Auburn will always be the little brother in this state" well people it is true until you break away and start acting like a SEC power house team.

Yeah.....I believe the crap so much I went to school here instead of following my family to Clemson. I believed the crap so much that I came back here to help future Auburn alumni prepare for their journey in life. Save the crap.

We can't mess up the 8-5ers' tempered expectations! Say this 1 million times to yourself:

"Must......temper.......expectations.........must.....go.....8-5......it's......the......Auburn.......way......."

;D/>

Must be like the 2012 Arkansas team.........Must be like the 2007 Falcons.........Must be like the 2007 Louisville team........

You can't be serious. How those teams performed after he left showed how valuable he was. Now the Falcons, I have no clue, don't keep up with the League that closely.

Falcons went south when Vick got arrested for the dog fighting.......wheels proceeded to fall off that bus.

The vision that you have for the future of Auburn football is not much different than mine. I just have my reservations about Petrino being the coach based on past results.

I am sure there was alot of posters on Louisville message boards saying the same thing you are before they hired Petrino. I am sure that numerous people loved that he came to Arkansas. Has he taken either one of these programs to the promised land?

Petrino put Arkansas, ARKANSAS, on the national stage. That really isn't an easy thing to do. He is a great coach. I just don't see how anybody can question that. Now the off the field stuff can be debated IMO, but that is a seperate issue.

Not when the off the field issues cost Arkansas a shot at a special season and possibly more.

Again, that is a seperate issue. That has nothing to do with him as a coach. That was about him as a person. Two very seperate things in my book. You would hope he had learned from that. He has one more shot at this coaching thing. That's it. I am quite sure he understands that.

I'm not talking about the blonde....it's the lack of professional and ethical integrity.

;D/>

My point went right over your head

The guy can coach and I can't question that. If he is hired I am not going to burn my Auburn gear at the alter as a sacrifice. I only question his past.

My only concern is which HEAD does he bring to Auburn. Sorry I should not have said that and it was wrong. I will stop with the LOW BLOWS. :tease::drippingsarcasm7pa::-*

;D/>

My point went right over your head

The guy can coach and I can't question that. If he is hired I am not going to burn my Auburn gear at the alter as a sacrifice. I only question his past.

My only concern is which HEAD does he bring to Auburn. Sorry I should not have said that and it was wrong. I will stop with the LOW BLOWS. :tease:/> :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> :-*/>

:laugh::bow:

I'm not talking about the blonde....it's the lack of professional and ethical integrity.

I know right...........................:..but hey, did you see the blonde? :D

I know right...........................:..but hey, did you see the blonde? :D/>

A6858C37-FE5D-4295-A926-2F7BD7A168DC-15284-0000043664363416.jpg

:laugh:

;D/>

Falcons went south when Vick got arrested for the dog fighting.......wheels proceeded to fall off that bus.

But what does all 3 have in common since January 6th of 2007 (less than 5 years)?

I am tired of reading us Auburn fans fighting each other about BP. Perhaps the more vociferous supporters (I'm looking at you, Weegs) would like to train their sights on a Bama fan asking how we can support BP?

I mean, it would restore order to the force for us to be arguing with them instead of each other, no?

:wareagle:

If Auburn fails to land Patterson and gets a no from Gundy, Stoops, or a few others....and has to pick between Gus and Petrino..... I will be fine with Petrino. I will be fine one way or the other, but I don't like being someone's rebound.

I haven't seen many posts that question Petrino's coaching ability even with the anti BP crowd. I am not in favor of BP but I don't dispute his coaching ability. My biggest concern is reckless behavior without regard for consequences. It is just poor judgement. Has he changed? I don't think any of us know.

Question for the anti-Petrino crowd. Since its been highly speculated that JJ with the help of Coach Dye are leading the charge behind the sceens to keep Petrino from being hired, how does it feel to have Jay Jacobs as the face of your campaign?

Question for the anti-Petrino crowd. Since its been highly speculated that JJ with the help of Coach Dye are leading the charge behind the sceens to keep Petrino from being hired, how does it feel to have Jay Jacobs as the face of your campaign?

No better than having Petrino the face of Auburn University. Big time SEC coaches become the face of their institution.

I don't entertain question based on "speculation" :poke:

I am tired of reading us Auburn fans fighting each other about BP. Perhaps the more vociferous supporters (I'm looking at you, Weegs) would like to train their sights on a Bama fan asking how we can support BP?

I mean, it would restore order to the force for us to be arguing with them instead of each other, no?

:wareagle:/>

Why would we care about bama fans questioning us? Unless you think that Auburn is indeed the little brother. My concern isn't all about what bama does, we can see what kind of program they have. A program that wins games and championships which is what Auburn fans should expect. If Auburn fans would stop with this "we are so much better than that bunch because we are Auburn." bullcrap, we could realize that until the AU culture changes, there will never be another NC until we luck up 50 years from now. Winning isn't a bad thing.

It's not that I care about them questioning us. I am just not thrilled with the continued in-fighting. It doesn't seem to be moving anywhere, unless it's becoming even more polarized. Reminds me of US politics -- another very sad case. Would rather direct that negative energy toward our rival

No better than having Petrino the face of Auburn University. Big time SEC coaches become the face of their institution.

So being outscore 87-0 in Amen Corner is not a big of a deal as having Petrino as your coach?

And btw, when did Coach = face of the institution? What happened to all the jabber about Auburn being about more than just football?

I don't entertain question based on "speculation" :poke:

Lol. Seriously though it is beyond speculation.

So being outscore 87-0 in Amen Corner is not a big of a deal as having Petrino as your coach?

And btw, when did Coach = face of the institution? What happened to all the jabber about Auburn being about more than just football?

The hypocrisy with s

Really? Ha! Tell me how many times you see Saban, Miles, etc. instead of their schools president? Do you know who they are without looking it up?

The hypocrisy with s

Really? Ha! Tell me how many times you see Saban, Miles, etc. instead of their schools president? Do you know who they are without looking it up?

You obviously missed the sarcasm in my post.

If you think JJ and Pat Dye are making the AU decision NOT to hire Petrino, you're mistaken. Sure they have some influence (albeit varying degrees), but you need to look a little higher in the food chain.

Petrino won't be the AU head coach...at least not this time around. Maybe several years down the road when he actually has established an observable track record of high dependability, loyalty, judgment, integrity, etc., unlike now and assuming he is still interested. The only track record we have to look at right now is one of lies, bad decisions and self-centered actions that stretch back a number of years. You simply can't erase your past by pointing to on-field success and saying "I'm sorry, I'll do better, I'll change". It's certainly a good start assuming it is genuine. But the most important part is you have to actually go out and DO IT. Go be both the great offensive-minded coach you are while conducting yourself like a professional CEO of a very large and influential corporation that you also are. He hasn't done anything yet to establish a new track record as a coach.

This year's performance notwithstanding, a program at AU's historical level of prominence should not put itself in the vulnerable position of being his first test case. The risk is too high and the university is more important than any one person.

After 228 pages in this thread alone of rationalizing, arguing and name calling on both sides, the only likely thing we've produced is amusement among outside detractors at how the "AU Family" is at each other's throat. I suspect when the new coach is actually announced it may not make everyone here happy, but I think we should at least all be able to respect them and that will be a good start. War Eagle!

Archived