Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BP fans don't have to worry because he does not seem to be on the short list anywhere at any other major schools.

Just did a newspaper survey of NC State, Purdue, Cal, Colorado and a couple others. Butch Jones and Spike Dykes seem to be on most lists but olr BP is nowhere to be seen.

The BP fans don't have to worry because he does not seem to be on the short list anywhere at any other major schools.

Just did a newspaper survey of NC State, Purdue, Cal, Colorado and a couple others. Butch Jones and Spike Dykes seem to be on most lists but olr BP is nowhere to be seen.

Spike Dykes. Man, what a name.

Bobby Petrino just spotted in hobby lobby in tiger town. Just thought I would pass along.

Any husband that will follow his wife around in that store at Christmas time has paid enough punishment. He must be forgiven.

:iamwithstupid:

Bobby Petrino just spotted in hobby lobby in tiger town. Just thought I would pass along.

Any husband that will follow his wife around in that store at Christmas time has paid enough punishment. He must be forgiven.

:iamwithstupid:

Who said he was with his wife? :rimshot:

So what's the latest? Someone said BP met with Slive? Is there a source for this info?

No, the latest is that he is at the Hobby Lobby stalking girls. Miden is on the way down to stalk BP. At least, that's what I think I read ...

:dead:

So what's the latest? Someone said BP met with Slive? Is there a source for this info?

No, the latest is that he is at the Hobby Lobby stalking girls. Miden is on the way down to stalk BP. At least, that's what I think I read ...

:dead:

>:D

Please stop discussing Petrino. Why woud anyone want him. He is trouble.

I would almost bet you lie and cheat on your wife or girl friend. Lol

Once again this is an example of what the culture of this program has become. ..wining the NC was a blessing but becoming a curse

I cannot believe that this was posted. A curse? You need to do some soul searching and decide whether you want Auburn football to be successful or an average team. This is what is wrong with the culture within the Auburn fanbase. I really believe that some of you would rather lose and stay average than resemble a winning program and win championships. If this sounds like I am calling you out, then GOOD. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING. Good grief man grow a pair.

Once again this is an example of what the culture of this program has become. ..wining the NC was a blessing but becoming a curse

I cannot believe that this was posted. A curse? You need to do some soul searching and decide whether you want Auburn football to be successful or an average team. This is what is wrong with the culture within the Auburn fanbase. I really believe that some of you would rather lose and stay average than resemble a winning program and win championships. If this sounds like I am calling you out, then GOOD. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING. Good grief man grow a pair.

And in your mind what would a fanbase from a winning program look like?

We all want to win. It's just some of us still beleive that it can be done in the right way under the right leadership.

We all want to win. It's just some of us still beleive that it can be done in the right way under the right leadership.

From what I have read on this board, not ours. Some of you have got to come to grips with something. This coaching hire is incredibly critical to where Auburn will go and to creating a winning culture within the program. It is okay to win championships. It doesn't make us look like Alabama. And I know that that is the one thing that I have heard many AU fans say.

"I would rather lose and be what we are, than win championships and resemble anything bammer."

The above statement is the issue. If you want to win games, you hire the best coach. If he happens to be a good guy, cool. If he doesn't then who gives a crap.

From what I have read on this board, not ours. Some of you have got to come to grips with something. This coaching hire is incredibly critical to where Auburn will go and to creating a winning culture within the program. It is okay to win championships. It doesn't make us look like Alabama. And I know that that is the one thing that I have heard many AU fans say.

"I would rather lose and be what we are, than win championships and resemble anything bammer."

The above statement is the issue. If you want to win games, you hire the best coach. If he happens to be a good guy, cool. If he doesn't then who gives a crap.

Weegle 777, you're making too much sense. How dare you.

:P

I want the guy who walks into the interview, looks Bo and Pat in the eye, and says " I want to take down Saban and win the SEC and NC here."

Man, you are 100% spot on!! That is exactly the kind of guy we need.

Tommy likey.

Weegle 777, you're making too much sense. How dare you.

:P/>

We can't mess up the 8-5ers' tempered expectations! Say this 1 million times to yourself:

"Must......temper.......expectations.........must.....go.....8-5......it's......the......Auburn.......way......."

;D

The vision that you have for the future of Auburn football is not much different than mine. I just have my reservations about Petrino being the coach based on past results.

I am sure there was alot of posters on Louisville message boards saying the same thing you are before they hired Petrino. I am sure that numerous people loved that he came to Arkansas. Has he taken either one of these programs to the promised land?

Just win baby.....at all costs.

Jut because we disagree doesn't mean don't want to win.

Are the Hobby Lobby cashiers that hot??

In that case, rename the store to "Bobby's Hobby".

Are the Hobby Lobby cashiers that hot??

In that case, rename the store to "Bobby's Hobby".

I think the Harley dealership may want that one.

The vision that you have for the future of Auburn football is not much different than mine. I just have my reservations about Petrino being the coach based on past results.

I am sure there was alot of posters on Louisville message boards saying the same thing you are before they hired Petrino. I am sure that numerous people loved that he came to Arkansas. Has he taken either one of these programs to the promised land?

Petrino put Arkansas, ARKANSAS, on the national stage. That really isn't an easy thing to do. He is a great coach. I just don't see how anybody can question that. Now the off the field stuff can be debated IMO, but that is a seperate issue.

He was very close and he did it with much less resources and much less talent than what he would have at Auburn. I understand that you have reservations about the guy, and trust me, I will be the first one to come on here and say that you guys were right and I was dead wrong if he were to fall flat on his face, but I have a feeling that he is what AU has been needing to compete with the best coaches in the SEC.

We can't mess up the 8-5ers' tempered expectations! Say this 1 million times to yourself:

"Must......temper.......expectations.........must.....go.....8-5......it's......the......Auburn.......way......."

;D

Must be like the 2012 Arkansas team.........Must be like the 2007 Falcons.........Must be like the 2007 Louisville team........

Real program builder you have there!!!

Petrino put Arkansas, ARKANSAS, on the national stage. That really isn't an easy thing to do. He is a great coach. I just don't see how anybody can question that. Now the off the field stuff can be debated IMO, but that is a seperate issue.

Not when the off the field issues cost Arkansas a shot at a special season and possibly more.

Not but he did have them from one win of it. He did have 11 wins seasons and BCS games at both. With the new playoff system that will be in place he would have. But I'm all for hiring available coaches that do have a crystal ball on their resume. Just don't know who they are.

Could not have said it better myself, we as a group seem to have this complex that needs changing. Its all most like the bammer media and fans has some how brainwashed some of our fan base in to believing the crap they spew. Im sure most if not all has heard this one before "Auburn will always be the little brother in this state" well people it is true until you break away and start acting like a SEC power house team.

Archived