Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not in the least bit concerned with what other people think of Auburn football. Weegl your entire premise of supporting Petrino is based on you saying you're "tired of being a laughing stock". By contrast, I want what is best for Auburn long term and IMO signing off on a knee jerk hire because you're tired of what people may be thinking about Auburn is simply a recipe for disaster. its all good, he wont be hired anyway so we can stop with the endless bickering

^^^^^^^^ BV gets it!

+1

smith1.gif

As I said in the other thread......link?

i don't know why you think he won't be hired. he has a 70% approval rating from the fan base. so you are in the minority. i think he may be second on the list but it looks like the others don't want to leave their job. most coachs just don't want to be bothered till their season is over.

If we wanted pants down he would have been hired by now

Wrong.

Wanna bet on that

Wait JM, I wanted to get some of that action and you squeezed in front! ;D

Just delete mine and you butt in and ill reply like nothing ever happen. ...wait that sounds too much like petrino nvm

I am not in the least bit concerned with what other people think of Auburn football. Weegl your entire premise of supporting Petrino is based on you saying you're "tired of being a laughing stock". By contrast, I want what is best for Auburn long term and IMO signing off on a knee jerk hire because you're tired of what people may be thinking about Auburn is simply a recipe for disaster. its all good, he wont be hired anyway so we can stop with the endless bickering

^^^^^^^^ BV gets it!

+1

smith1.gif

As I said in the other thread......link?

Will this do? Link on the links! :lmao:

i352137.jpg

Ugh this had to be the most frustrating topic I have seen on here or AE. We have fans and even mods being torn apart by one person. I guess I never realized BP was such a polarizing figure. But then again I never knew so many Aunurn people cared so little about actually winning football games. Do y'all knot realize when the football team is winning the University does much better as a whole? More wins = more donations. More donations = more revenue. More revenue= better Auburn. Now if we can get an a list coach such as Stoops, Peterson, Patterson etc than I'm all for it. But if we settle for Strong, Malzhan, Smart etc. while leaving Petrino on the table... well then we prove everyone right that says Auburn isn't willing to compete.

I don't understand how we can only win with BP. Can we not win and have someone that would better represent the values of the University? Do we really have to pick one or the other?

It's sickening at this point to see all these Creed thumpers that don't want Petrino at all. We're not paying coaches millions of dollars to be the players friends. We're paying them to give the players structure and get them to play football.

If we don't get Gary Patterson then it's gotta be Petrino. We can't keep letting the Creed people hold us back and let LSU, UGA, and Bama run roughshod over us.

It's sickening at this point to see all these Creed thumpers that don't want Petrino at all. We're not paying coaches millions of dollars to be the players friends. We're paying them to give the players structure and get them to play football.

If we don't get Gary Patterson then it's gotta be Petrino. We can't keep letting the Creed people hold us back and let LSU, UGA, and Bama run roughshod over us.

What is sickening to some of us are people who use the terms "Creed thumper" and "creed people".

Ugh this had to be the most frustrating topic I have seen on here or AE. We have fans and even mods being torn apart by one person. I guess I never realized BP was such a polarizing figure. But then again I never knew so many Aunurn people cared so little about actually winning football games. Do y'all knot realize when the football team is winning the University does much better as a whole? More wins = more donations. More donations = more revenue. More revenue= better Auburn. Now if we can get an a list coach such as Stoops, Peterson, Patterson etc than I'm all for it. But if we settle for Strong, Malzhan, Smart etc. while leaving Petrino on the table... well then we prove everyone right that says Auburn isn't willing to compete.

Well said, sir. Well said. What amazes me is that they say "we can't hire him because he's a liar" and then support their argument with lies. We have had a coach that if he's hired would be the best coach in Auburn history and some people think its a bad idea. Maybe we do deserve another loser.

We kind of are. We payed our last coach somewhere between $15 mill. and $19 mill. to be just that. Well, if what I read is true.

Well said, sir. Well said. What amazes me is that they say "we can't hire him because he's a liar" and then support their argument with lies. We have had a coach that if he's hired would be the best coach in Auburn history and some people think its a bad idea. Maybe we do deserve another loser.

I don't understand how we can only win with BP. Can we not win and have someone that would better represent the values of the University? Do we really have to pick one or the other?

Give up man. I know EXACTLY what you're saying. But you're not going to convince people here. So just let them go. Coach isn't picked off message boards anyway so be thankful for that, too. People literally see BP as our only option to win and are letting some true colors out now on what they think is most important. I gave up arguing about this lol.

Give up man. I know EXACTLY what you're saying. But you're not going to convince people here. So just let them go. Coach isn't picked off message boards anyway so be thankful for that, too. People literally see BP as our only option to win and are letting some true colors out now on what they think is most important. I gave up arguing about this lol.

Best post I've read today. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I don't think Petrino supporters for the most part believe we can only win with him. Personally I would love have him. But I would also love to have Stoops, Fisher, Peterson or Patterson. What we have a hard time understanding are the 35% percent or so of the fan base that would rather have an unproven coach over him. Its truly mind boggling.

WHOEVER the next coach is better not be a up and coming, little to no experience, losing record Mr nice guy. That's all I'm saying. If we hire another CGC than I will be pissed!!!! I will always love and suppord Auburn but I will be pissed!!!!

I don't think Petrino supporters for the most part believe we can only win with him. Personally I would love have him. But I would also love to have Stoops, Fisher, Peterson or Patterson. What we have a hard time understanding are the 35% percent or so of the fan base that would rather have an unproven coach over him. Its truly mind boggling.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Those who don't want Petrino at all are Creed thumpers. No other way to put it. They're no more of an Auburn fan than anyone else.

Archived