Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Can't understand why the same people who don't like the "good ole boy" network at Auburn (because they will never change), and the same people who think JJ should be fired for obvious reasons, (JJ njot qualifed to be AD and that hasn't changed) think Petrino will suddenly change his ways and not embarrass us?

I can't understand why people like you can't just let it go and stop bringing up arguments. Holy crap! Youre one of the main instigators. Will you please just find something else to talk about. We've beaten this subject to death for pages and pages of the same crap over and over again. We get it, you don't want BP. Not all of us necessarily do either as a first choice, but we're willing to accept it if he is and move on are you?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobby Petrino just spotted in hobby lobby in tiger town. Just thought I would pass along.

Can't be him. I just saw him fifteen minutes ago at a gas station in NW Fla..

Bobby Petrino just spotted in hobby lobby in tiger town. Just thought I would pass along.

Ha well we know he moves around fairly fast. Seriously if it wasn't him it's his twin. Wearing a falcons shirt of all things.

He must have hyperdrive on that hog

Ha well we know he moves around fairly fast. Seriously if it wasn't him it's his twin. Wearing a falcons shirt of all things.

It may have been him there. He does get around. :rimshot:

Can't understand why the same people who don't like the "good ole boy" network at Auburn (because they will never change), and the same people who think JJ should be fired for obvious reasons, (JJ njot qualifed to be AD and that hasn't changed) think Petrino will suddenly change his ways and not embarrass us?

I can't understand why people like you can't just let it go and stop bringing up arguments. Holy crap! Youre one of the main instigators. Will you please just find something else to talk about. We've beaten this subject to death for pages and pages of the same crap over and over again. We get it, you don't want BP. Not all of us necessarily do either as a first choice, but we're willing to accept it if he is and move on are you?

Maybe you are right.

Maybe you are right.

I can't wait to get this hire over with, this is murderous. GP, CP, or BP. Preferably GP.

The following is a quote from Bobby Petrino back in August:

"I take responsibility for it and I am really sorry. I have played it over and over in my head a million times. How could I do this? How could this happen? And not just the hiring. Or that day. But my actions, my behavior — for months it was just wrong. I'm working hard to save my marriage. I'm working one day at a time. I want to stay married. That's my main priority right now. Making things right with my family. … I've made mistakes and I'm going to be a better person for it. … I think I've got to take this one day at a time, continue to improve as a person and as a husband. I'm also going to continue to work on football. And I just hope and pray that I get that opportunity again."

Putting any moral or ethical arguments aside, here is the main reason I think Gouge will not hire him. Gouge would be hiring an employee that was just recently fired from another employer for breaking some major workplace rules. What message does that send to the rest of the University? The football program doesn't exist in a vacuum, what about the next Auburn employee who breaks a rule? Couldn't he look at Gouge and say "hey, you hired a football coach who did worse than me"? Im not saying this is why I wouldnt hire him, but I think in the end its why Gouge will not hire him.

The reported meeting with Slive and CBP earlier this week will take care of these concerns IMO.

+1. Beat me to it Bro.

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand your point. How does Slive's approval quell Gouge's fears about having to answer to his own employees?? Especially in the off-chance Petrino did screw up again?

It's not if it's when will he screw up again. It's in his DNA.

It is in JJ's and Jackson's DNA to be stupid and non-qualified for their jobs. It is in the BOT's DNA to want to run things and make most important decisions. But Petrino is suddenly going to change for the better as soon as he steps foot on campus. I just don't get it?

That makes two of us

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I am dead certain that hiring BP is a decision Auburn will regret at some point.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I am dead certain that hiring BP is a decision Auburn will regret at some point.

Great, another dead horse beater, let's just continue for another 220 pages playing na na na boo boo like a bunch of 7 yr olds.

The following is a quote from Bobby Petrino back in August:

"I take responsibility for it and I am really sorry. I have played it over and over in my head a million times. How could I do this? How could this happen? And not just the hiring. Or that day. But my actions, my behavior — for months it was just wrong. I'm working hard to save my marriage. I'm working one day at a time. I want to stay married. That's my main priority right now. Making things right with my family. … I've made mistakes and I'm going to be a better person for it. … I think I've got to take this one day at a time, continue to improve as a person and as a husband. I'm also going to continue to work on football. And I just hope and pray that I get that opportunity again."

Putting any moral or ethical arguments aside, here is the main reason I think Gouge will not hire him. Gouge would be hiring an employee that was just recently fired from another employer for breaking some major workplace rules. What message does that send to the rest of the University? The football program doesn't exist in a vacuum, what about the next Auburn employee who breaks a rule? Couldn't he look at Gouge and say "hey, you hired a football coach who did worse than me"? Im not saying this is why I wouldnt hire him, but I think in the end its why Gouge will not hire him.

The reported meeting with Slive and CBP earlier this week will take care of these concerns IMO.

+1. Beat me to it Bro.

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand your point. How does Slive's approval quell Gouge's fears about having to answer to his own employees?? Especially in the off-chance Petrino did screw up again?

It's not if it's when will he screw up again. It's in his DNA.

It is in JJ's and Jackson's DNA to be stupid and non-qualified for their jobs. It is in the BOT's DNA to want to run things and make most important decisions. But Petrino is suddenly going to change for the better as soon as he steps foot on campus. I just don't get it?

That makes two of us

Very good thread... We just don't need to go there....

Just like football... No shortcut to hard work

If we want to fix this long term, it's not with BP

that's already been tried and proven... 3X

Are the Hobby Lobby cashiers that hot??

I used to hang out there back in HS. The girls that go/hang out there are not really hot usually. They are desperate most times though. They don't have a lot of their time taken up with dating, hence the hobby thing. 1 a.m. in a bar is not the right place to pick up a girl, for you single guys. Saturday afternoon at the Hobby Lobby is where it is at!

Not really, but then again he's not making millions these days now is he.

With hobbie's like Bobbies, it would be a leading indicator...

Not really, but then again he's not making millions these days now is he.

Well, not TOday.

I used to hang out there back in HS. The girls that go/hang out there are not really hot usually. They are desperate most times though. They don't have a lot of their time taken up with dating, hence the hobby thing. 1 a.m. in a bar is not the right place to pick up a girl, for you single guys. Saturday afternoon at the Hobby Lobby is where it is at!

Heck yeah!

Move over Bobby P. Miden's comin down to the Lobby to get him some action tonight.

Heck yeah!

Move over Bobby P. Miden's comin down to the Lobby to get him some action tonight.

Good luck! I keyed on the girls who liked to crochet. I must have gotten fives of dates from that clique.

Heck yeah!

Good luck! I keyed on the girls who liked to crochet. I must have gotten fives of dates from that clique.

I love a lady who's good with her hands.

Someone called Jox today (or maybe yesterday), and said what I think is going to happen. Petrino as HC, and a few months down the line, Sullivan as AD. Which would be great. It may have already been mentioned here. I am for both of those hires especially Sullivan as AD. No one represents AU as well as Sullivan. I think it was telling that he is on the coaching search committee and is still the HC of a team. He will be our AD. I hope he is great at it. He would be the worst ever to fire.

Lets be very careful guys. Keep it respectful.

Yep... That's why we need to pass on Bobby Boy...

Don't quote me when you're being ridiculous. Thanks

Archived