The word on the Search

ellitor

I think & hope to some degree it is Bobby Petrino but obviously he has yet to be interviewed. I don't understand the concept of "smokescreens" can someone give an example of where an a.d. has employed this tactic?

Smokescreen: an idea/concept typed on message boards by posters who are afraid the guy they want won't be hired. Most often used in the early part of the 2nd stage of denial. This idea is only used on message boards and typically not by college athletic directors or university presidents.

lmao what's the third stage and don't say acceptance.

Acceptance.

+1 :)

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really feel like I did the night before Chizik was hired. And I feel like it will be Kirby Smart tomorrow or Wednesday. Just too much smoke around this fire.

I feel like Auburn is about to make big boy decision and run the program like a corporation finally and hire the best man for THIS JOB. Petrino.

Doubtful. Insiders have said that Gouge has assured them he will not sign off on Petrino even if JJ does.

Whatever. Gouge will go along with whatever JJ brings him. The hesitation by JJ to do the right thing, hiring Petrino, will drag this out for a while though.

;

People on Scout and Rivals say Smart is all but a done deal. Can the OP here confirm?

Someone on another thread, a few hours ago, said Rivals was reporting that Patterson as Auburn's coach was a done deal. Here's a good rule of thumb: When someone says its a "done deal" ,it isn't a done deal.

I think & hope to some degree it is Bobby Petrino but obviously he has yet to be interviewed. I don't understand the concept of "smokescreens" can someone give an example of where an a.d. has employed this tactic?

Smokescreen: an idea/concept typed on message boards by posters who are afraid the guy they want won't be hired. Most often used in the early part of the 2nd stage of denial. This idea is only used on message boards and typically not by college athletic directors or university presidents.

Thank you. Posts like this make reading all the others worth it!

Acceptance.

Weird, I was gonna say "liquor".

Acceptance is Spanish for liquor.

True story.

I think the AU faithful needs to start to get on board with the Smart hire... I think he is the only candidate, so far, that hasn't COMPLETELY divided the fan base... BP has, Gus has, and even Gary Patterson has... Let's let this thing play out. I'm starting to think this could be good!

Remeber, I have been someone wanting a "homerun hire" from the get go... but out of everybody else, Kirby could do some good things for AU... WDE We shall see!

Haha! Why would anyone get behind the MOST unproven candidate behind Morris. I think the news of him being interviewed has gotten everyone so paranoid that we will except anyone above him at this point. Which is I'm sure what the PTB want. I'm still holding out hope that that the new will be someone that has a proven track record as a head coach. Unfortunately my gut is saying we will do the typical Auburn thing: hire a coach that is just happy to land the job and will be willing to have the higher ups meddle in the program. Then we will be doing this again in 4 years.

I am afraid you are correct.

I really feel like I did the night before Chizik was hired. And I feel like it will be Kirby Smart tomorrow or Wednesday. Just too much smoke around this fire.

I feel like Auburn is about to make big boy decision and run the program like a corporation finally and hire the best man for THIS JOB. Petrino.

Doubtful. Insiders have said that Gouge has assured them he will not sign off on Petrino even if JJ does.

I have heard this and I have heard that he was the one from the beginning.

Then some were right and some were just guessing.

Acceptance.

Awesome!

Acceptance.

Awesome!

LOL...I got some apple pie moonshine saved up for the celebration/mourning this week!

Just noticed we play Arkansas State next season September 7, second game of the year.. Interesting.

Funny thing is that a lot of people do not want Gus to be hired by AU but will sure be nervous to face him if he stays at ASU

Yep.

I have prepared myself for the real BOOM hire that will happen three years from now when the coach and AD will be fired and the PFB will really feel pressure to get it right. Three more years of mediocrity..what a shame.

In the end, of which will be very soon, we can all look back and see how all wrong most of us were! We will be glad that things turned out the way they did. THis is the hope and wish that I am sure all of us share. I am sure we will be back on the road and will have a nice recruiting class to get things off to a good start.

Not so fast my friends........stay tuned. You just never know what happens next with this group.

Not so fast my friends........stay tuned. You just never know what happens next with this group.

So, you're saying Corso is the next HC at Auburn?

Very interesting. Way to think outside the box. Will Herbstreit be OC?

:poke:

:poke:/>

And Desmond as WR coach.

And Desmond as WR coach.

We may get Warren Sapp as DC, too. I know we'd have to pull him from NFL Network, and I know that NFL Network and ESPNU are totally different; but still. Sapp has that killer mentality.

And Desmond as WR coach.

Don't forget Lou and Mark May. Maybe a spot for the token hot chick sideline reporter as well.

And Desmond as WR coach.

Don't forget Lou and Mark May. Maybe a spot for the token hot chick sideline reporter as well.

Yep. I hear Erin would leave Fox to become the producer of the new 'Auburn -- Everyday'.

And Desmond as WR coach.

Samantha Steele recruiting coordinator

UPDATE

The rumors circulating of Smart to Auburn as HC being a done deal are not true. Is he picking up steam and looking very good? Yes. Is it done? No. This was seconded by JGT FWIW. There was some credible info posted and people let their imaginations run with it in saying it was a done deal. There are still people that strongly believe Petrino will get an interview but that remains to be seen...And no there have been no secret contacts or interviews with him.

This makes me feeel muuuuch better. The thought of Satans boy at my beloved Auburn is more than I can take. Especially after suffering through this past Pres election.

And Desmond as WR coach.

Think we got this all figured out. Plus, BSPN would suddenly love us. Forde would have to switch so quickly, it would make his Forde yard dash respectable.

OK, who's got the email address for the hiring committee?

And Desmond as WR coach.

^^ Where do I sign?

And Desmond as WR coach.

Yep. I hear Erin would leave Fox to become the producer of the new 'Auburn -- Everyday'.

and as soon as it happens, BP volunteers to be our offensive consultant on and off the field................

And Desmond as WR coach.

and as soon as it happens, BP volunteers to be our offensive consultant on and off the field................

Free of charge

Archived