The word on the Search

ellitor

According to flight aware, the plane we were tracking the other day is sitting in Fort Worth as we speak. Maybe it's nothing....

Like I said I never put too much into that stuff...but seems like a strange coincidence. I have only heard it was there from message boards though.

Why would it be there now? Its 1 am,and if he sleeping on it why fly over?

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to flight aware, the plane we were tracking the other day is sitting in Fort Worth as we speak. Maybe it's nothing....

Like I said I never put too much into that stuff...but seems like a strange coincidence. I have only heard it was there from message boards though.

Plane has been there several hours.

Educated guesses old school Clue style: Kirby Smart, On Wednesday, with the 3-4 defense.

If it is kirby does he still coach in NC game? Or put Auburn on hold till after jan 7 ..i dont want kirby but if it is id like him to start recruiting asap

Uh, I am no expert but I am going to say yes, yes of course he is going to coach in the National Championship game. He would not walk out on his boys like that and if he did it would be a poor decision.

Furthermore if Ellitor can answer some of the questions y'all are asking at this point Nostradamus will role over in his grave. It may be Kirby it may be someone else, they will give everyone a fair shot now, come on.

Disagree. I strongly believe both Bama and Auburn will not stand for him coaching in the BCS title game if he takes the Auburn job.

Gus did it last year. Not a problem for Auburn. More publicity.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but you can put Terry Henley in the Petrino camp (by the way, I do not concur with his postion)....

Lettermen Members,

I have never been shy about speaking up for what I believe is best for Auburn. That is what brings me to writing this email today. Dr. Jay Gogue and Jay Jacobs have put together an outstanding committee to evaluate possible candidates for the Head Coaching position at Auburn University. These three men were not only outstanding athletes, but they are outstanding people. None of them have a personal agenda other than to do the best for Auburn. It is an extremely hard task that this committee has to undertake. I trust Jay Jacobs to process the committee's information and make a hire in order to put Auburn back in its winning, championship ways.

If any of you watched the SEC Championship game, you can see how far we have fallen. Now, the question is… who do we hire to bring back not only our winning ways but our discipline, our toughness, and our desire to win? To me, there is only one person that can be the answer to all of the questions that are asked about our football program. That person is Bobby Petrino.

Bobby Petrino is a football coach; make no question about it. He understands the toughness that you have to display in playing in this league. He understands the discipline that the players have to accept in order to play in this league. And most of all, he understands winning. During his head coaching career, this man has compiled a 75 and 26 winning record. He has a 12 win season, he has two 11 win seasons, and he has a 10 win season. He has taken teams to BCS Bowl Games and he has an impeccable record when it comes to the NCAA. There is no other candidate that can match these numbers in the league in which we play. We are looking for a tough coach, not a choir boy.

Not every coach who has a lot of wins can guarantee a win at Auburn. This is because of recruiting areas, along with academic requirements, that may be less at some schools but they are not at Auburn. Bobby Petrino understands this. The recruiting class that we have committed at the present time will assist Auburn in getting back to championship ways very quickly. Bobby Petrino can and will do his best to secure and save these recruits. He is an outstanding recruiter and can explain to the players what it takes to get to the next level. His evaluation of talent speaks for itself. His skills for preparing teams to play match no other. This man is a winner. Auburn is not a training ground for undiscovered coaches. We play in the toughest division in football today, and we must secure a coach that has the backbone and the toughness to lead the Auburn Tigers to victory once again.

In the end, I will support whatever coach Dr. Gogue and Jay Jacobs decide to hire. I can tell you that when Auburn needed straightening out in the 50's, they brought a tough guy in… Coach Jordan. When they needed their backbones straightened up and their necks toughened in the 80's, they brought in Pat Dye. Now, we need to bring in Bobby Petrino.

Terry Henley

Can you put this in orange so readers in both blue and white backgrounds can read it? TIA

I like Petrino, but "outstanding recruiter"? I haven't seen any evidence of it.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but you can put Terry Henley in the Petrino camp (by the way, I do not concur with his postion)....

Lettermen Members,

I have never been shy about speaking up for what I believe is best for Auburn. That is what brings me to writing this email today. Dr. Jay Gogue and Jay Jacobs have put together an outstanding committee to evaluate possible candidates for the Head Coaching position at Auburn University. These three men were not only outstanding athletes, but they are outstanding people. None of them have a personal agenda other than to do the best for Auburn. It is an extremely hard task that this committee has to undertake. I trust Jay Jacobs to process the committee's information and make a hire in order to put Auburn back in its winning, championship ways.

If any of you watched the SEC Championship game, you can see how far we have fallen. Now, the question is… who do we hire to bring back not only our winning ways but our discipline, our toughness, and our desire to win? To me, there is only one person that can be the answer to all of the questions that are asked about our football program. That person is Bobby Petrino.

Bobby Petrino is a football coach; make no question about it. He understands the toughness that you have to display in playing in this league. He understands the discipline that the players have to accept in order to play in this league. And most of all, he understands winning. During his head coaching career, this man has compiled a 75 and 26 winning record. He has a 12 win season, he has two 11 win seasons, and he has a 10 win season. He has taken teams to BCS Bowl Games and he has an impeccable record when it comes to the NCAA. There is no other candidate that can match these numbers in the league in which we play. We are looking for a tough coach, not a choir boy.

Not every coach who has a lot of wins can guarantee a win at Auburn. This is because of recruiting areas, along with academic requirements, that may be less at some schools but they are not at Auburn. Bobby Petrino understands this. The recruiting class that we have committed at the present time will assist Auburn in getting back to championship ways very quickly. Bobby Petrino can and will do his best to secure and save these recruits. He is an outstanding recruiter and can explain to the players what it takes to get to the next level. His evaluation of talent speaks for itself. His skills for preparing teams to play match no other. This man is a winner. Auburn is not a training ground for undiscovered coaches. We play in the toughest division in football today, and we must secure a coach that has the backbone and the toughness to lead the Auburn Tigers to victory once again.

In the end, I will support whatever coach Dr. Gogue and Jay Jacobs decide to hire. I can tell you that when Auburn needed straightening out in the 50's, they brought a tough guy in… Coach Jordan. When they needed their backbones straightened up and their necks toughened in the 80's, they brought in Pat Dye. Now, we need to bring in Bobby Petrino.

Terry Henley

Can you put this in orange so readers in both blue and white backgrounds can read it? TIA

Qb's and skill players that's about it.

Lettermen Members,

Terry Henley

Depends on what you look at to define a good class. If you look at rivals the previous staff are great recruiters. If you look at how a team progresses over four years or so than Petrino would have to be viewed as the better recruiter. I personally don't care what rivals says. If a coach is winning 10-11 games in his third year he's recruited the right players.

Educated guesses old school Clue style: Kirby Smart, On Wednesday, with the 3-4 defense.

If it is kirby does he still coach in NC game? Or put Auburn on hold till after jan 7 ..i dont want kirby but if it is id like him to start recruiting asap

Uh, I am no expert but I am going to say yes, yes of course he is going to coach in the National Championship game. He would not walk out on his boys like that and if he did it would be a poor decision.

Furthermore if Ellitor can answer some of the questions y'all are asking at this point Nostradamus will role over in his grave. It may be Kirby it may be someone else, they will give everyone a fair shot now, come on.

Disagree. I strongly believe both Bama and Auburn will not stand for him coaching in the BCS title game if he takes the Auburn job.

Cecil Hurt said on finescum today that if KS was hired at Auburn he would not coach the NC game.

Based on what Cecil Hurt said, he apparently would not coach for uat if hired. But if you want to see how it MIGHT be done, look at Bo Pelini going from LSU to Nebraska. I'm not sure which is better, having a full-time coach from Day 1 or having a new HC who just won anothe NC as DC. I think I'd rather he cut the cord and start his crash course in learning to hate uat like the rest of us while he gets to work on the plains with recruiting and hiring coaches. :zapbama:

Plane has been there several hours.

Alright let me ask this way...

Why go at all if he sleeping on it then making a choice....

Maybe its just someone private plane

The problem is it being Auburn and Bama. Trust me. Too many people would not stand for it on both sides.

The problem is it being Auburn and Bama. Trust me. Too many people would not stand for it on both sides.

Makes me wonder if that could be a deal breaker?

Makes me wonder if that could be a deal breaker?

I doubt it but it's possible.

I agree with some of the previous posters. One way or the other, the fact that Smart would have to decide between coaching in the NCG or getting things started at Auburn has to be a pretty sizable barrier. He'll have other job offers, I don't think I would pass on a chance to coach in that game. I think what would piss off both sides (AU and UAT) would be if Smart tried a 50/50 approach...little recruting and staff hiring at AU and a little prep time and practice with UAT.

On another note, I think the best chance AU has at winning quickly is with Malzahn back since he is familiar with the program, knows the players, and recruiting most of these guys for his system.

I agree with some of the previous posters. One way or the other, the fact that Smart would have to decide between coaching in the NCG or getting things started at Auburn has to be a pretty sizable barrier. He'll have other job offers, I don't think I would pass on a chance to coach in that game. I think what would piss off both sides (AU and UAT) would be if Smart tried a 50/50 approach...little recruting and staff hiring at AU and a little prep time and practice with UAT.

On another note, I think the best chance AU has at winning quickly is with Malzahn back since he is familiar with the program, knows the players, and recruiting most of these guys for his system.

Smart wouldn't have to do much recruiting...the news of him coming on would get players onboard....and probably make players that already wanted auburn even more interested

http://www.rantsport...dtWcEpCXbFKy.99

We now have a link saying Auburn has hired Smart...(waiting on more credible source then rantsports though).

I just started a thread with that very link (didn't realize you had posted it here), but I agree that we should wait and see how it plays out. I have my doubts as to the legitimacy of the report.

He really has no choice, If it is smart he has to move to auburn immediately and start recuriting coaches while they are available to move and then reassure the existing recruits while going after more. If he waits all that is in jeopardy.

However if he moved and UAT losses to ND, auburn will be blamed for breaking up the UAT staff.....great!

Another interesting point, would smart be aware of the recuiting tricks that UAT has pulled off in the last few years, or is that just REC stuff?

Another interesting point, would smart be aware of the recuiting tricks that UAT has pulled off in the last few years, or is that just REC stuff?

That's what I find interesting about it. Smart is going to learn how hard AU has it with recruiting head to head with Saban (because of the cheating). I wonder if he turns on the dark Lord or if he just stays quiet and takes it.

Throw this in the mix for what it is worth. A Louisville radio station said Charlie Strong was asked to step up and say one way or the other on his status at Louisville. He would not and said he would make a definitive statment at the appropriate time. What that means, I don't know. It is curious though.

Lots of rumors about a Gary Patterson contract extension. But no news stories. You know TCU has offered. Why the wait?

I'm just not giving up on that option. Thing is, there are no guarantees. Sometimes a coach is awesome in one setting but not in another. He just seems like a guy who could whip you with your own kids.

That's what we need someone back from the old regime. They can just pick up where they left off. That is exactly why I am not in favor of malzahn.

While Gus was on the old staff he was not happy with the mess that was going on and let it be known internally.

Smart wouldn't have to do much recruiting...the news of him coming on would get players onboard....and probably make players that already wanted auburn even more interested

Yep. and he is the lead recruiter on Foster, Monty, Carl, and Trey Johnson for Bama.

He really has no choice, If it is smart he has to move to auburn immediately and start recuriting coaches while they are available to move and then reassure the existing recruits while going after more. If he waits all that is in jeopardy.

However if he moved and UAT losses to ND, auburn will be blamed for breaking up the UAT staff.....great!

Darius Page situation ring a bell?

Lots of rumors about a Gary Patterson contract extension. But no news stories. You know TCU has offered. Why the wait?

I'm just not giving up on that option. Thing is, there are no guarantees. Sometimes a coach is awesome in one setting but not in another. He just seems like a guy who could whip you with your own kids.

See Montana's post on GP a page or 2 back.

Archived