The word on the Search

ellitor

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW just so people know I have connections and just not repeating stuff from other sites, I posted that Gus and Kirby both had very good interviews over 8 hours before JGT did. I am not saying I am a tier 1 insider or in JGT's league cuz I am not. JGT is a beast at what he does. I do have some real connections for those that were very skeptical earlier. This is not a pay site so I am not trying to sell subscriptions. I just present what I believe is the most accurate info on things as best I can for the family. I will not always be right because things always change in recruiting and coach searches but the intent to be accurate will always be there.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but you can put Terry Henley in the Petrino camp (by the way, I do not concur with his postion)....

Lettermen Members,

I have never been shy about speaking up for what I believe is best for Auburn. That is what brings me to writing this email today. Dr. Jay Gogue and Jay Jacobs have put together an outstanding committee to evaluate possible candidates for the Head Coaching position at Auburn University. These three men were not only outstanding athletes, but they are outstanding people. None of them have a personal agenda other than to do the best for Auburn. It is an extremely hard task that this committee has to undertake. I trust Jay Jacobs to process the committee's information and make a hire in order to put Auburn back in its winning, championship ways.

If any of you watched the SEC Championship game, you can see how far we have fallen. Now, the question is… who do we hire to bring back not only our winning ways but our discipline, our toughness, and our desire to win? To me, there is only one person that can be the answer to all of the questions that are asked about our football program. That person is Bobby Petrino.

Bobby Petrino is a football coach; make no question about it. He understands the toughness that you have to display in playing in this league. He understands the discipline that the players have to accept in order to play in this league. And most of all, he understands winning. During his head coaching career, this man has compiled a 75 and 26 winning record. He has a 12 win season, he has two 11 win seasons, and he has a 10 win season. He has taken teams to BCS Bowl Games and he has an impeccable record when it comes to the NCAA. There is no other candidate that can match these numbers in the league in which we play. We are looking for a tough coach, not a choir boy.

Not every coach who has a lot of wins can guarantee a win at Auburn. This is because of recruiting areas, along with academic requirements, that may be less at some schools but they are not at Auburn. Bobby Petrino understands this. The recruiting class that we have committed at the present time will assist Auburn in getting back to championship ways very quickly. Bobby Petrino can and will do his best to secure and save these recruits. He is an outstanding recruiter and can explain to the players what it takes to get to the next level. His evaluation of talent speaks for itself. His skills for preparing teams to play match no other. This man is a winner. Auburn is not a training ground for undiscovered coaches. We play in the toughest division in football today, and we must secure a coach that has the backbone and the toughness to lead the Auburn Tigers to victory once again.

In the end, I will support whatever coach Dr. Gogue and Jay Jacobs decide to hire. I can tell you that when Auburn needed straightening out in the 50's, they brought a tough guy in… Coach Jordan. When they needed their backbones straightened up and their necks toughened in the 80's, they brought in Pat Dye. Now, we need to bring in Bobby Petrino.

Terry Henley

FWIW just so people know I have connections and just not repeating stuff from other sites, I posted that Gus and Kirby both had very good interviews over 8 hours before JGT did. I am not saying I am a tier 1 insider or in JGT's league cuz I am not. JGT is a beast at what he does. I do have some real connections for those that were very skeptical earlier. This is not a pay site so I am not trying to sell subscriptions. I just present what I believe is the most accurate info on things as best I can for the family. I will not always be right because things always change in recruiting and coach searches but the intent to be accurate will always be there.

Thanks for what you do E!

Educated guesses old school Clue style: Kirby Smart, On Wednesday, with the 3-4 defense.

If it is kirby does he still coach in NC game? Or put Auburn on hold till after jan 7 ..i dont want kirby but if it is id like him to start recruiting asap

Uh, I am no expert but I am going to say yes, yes of course he is going to coach in the National Championship game. He would not walk out on his boys like that and if he did it would be a poor decision.

Furthermore if Ellitor can answer some of the questions y'all are asking at this point Nostradamus will role over in his grave. It may be Kirby it may be someone else, they will give everyone a fair shot now, come on.

Disagree. I strongly believe both Bama and Auburn will not stand for him coaching in the BCS title game if he takes the Auburn job.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but you can put Terry Henley in the Petrino camp (by the way, I do not concur with his postion)....

Lettermen Members,

I have never been shy about speaking up for what I believe is best for Auburn. That is what brings me to writing this email today. Dr. Jay Gogue and Jay Jacobs have put together an outstanding committee to evaluate possible candidates for the Head Coaching position at Auburn University. These three men were not only outstanding athletes, but they are outstanding people. None of them have a personal agenda other than to do the best for Auburn. It is an extremely hard task that this committee has to undertake. I trust Jay Jacobs to process the committee's information and make a hire in order to put Auburn back in its winning, championship ways.

If any of you watched the SEC Championship game, you can see how far we have fallen. Now, the question is… who do we hire to bring back not only our winning ways but our discipline, our toughness, and our desire to win? To me, there is only one person that can be the answer to all of the questions that are asked about our football program. That person is Bobby Petrino.

Bobby Petrino is a football coach; make no question about it. He understands the toughness that you have to display in playing in this league. He understands the discipline that the players have to accept in order to play in this league. And most of all, he understands winning. During his head coaching career, this man has compiled a 75 and 26 winning record. He has a 12 win season, he has two 11 win seasons, and he has a 10 win season. He has taken teams to BCS Bowl Games and he has an impeccable record when it comes to the NCAA. There is no other candidate that can match these numbers in the league in which we play. We are looking for a tough coach, not a choir boy.

Not every coach who has a lot of wins can guarantee a win at Auburn. This is because of recruiting areas, along with academic requirements, that may be less at some schools but they are not at Auburn. Bobby Petrino understands this. The recruiting class that we have committed at the present time will assist Auburn in getting back to championship ways very quickly. Bobby Petrino can and will do his best to secure and save these recruits. He is an outstanding recruiter and can explain to the players what it takes to get to the next level. His evaluation of talent speaks for itself. His skills for preparing teams to play match no other. This man is a winner. Auburn is not a training ground for undiscovered coaches. We play in the toughest division in football today, and we must secure a coach that has the backbone and the toughness to lead the Auburn Tigers to victory once again.

In the end, I will support whatever coach Dr. Gogue and Jay Jacobs decide to hire. I can tell you that when Auburn needed straightening out in the 50's, they brought a tough guy in… Coach Jordan. When they needed their backbones straightened up and their necks toughened in the 80's, they brought in Pat Dye. Now, we need to bring in Bobby Petrino.

Terry Henley

Can you put this in orange so readers in both blue and white backgrounds can read it? TIA

Thanks for what you do E!

I agree. I often scroll through looking specifically for your posts. Thanks.

Patterson is still the front runner at Auburn and he has not signed the extension with TCU...he has one on the table after TCU realized this afternoon Auburn was serious. It is for a few more years and a couple hundred thousand more than his 3 million dollar extension he signed in 2011. TCU is maxed out...they can't go much higher. They don't have the deep pockets that Auburn has...not even close. TCU started pushing the extension in the media this afternoon when they got scared which is where the public information is coming from. Auburn could go in the 5 million range with double the money TCU has to pay assistants.

Auburn's football budget will be around $45 million this year...TCU's will be around 25. The BIG 12 tv contract heavily favors Texas and Oklahoma because they get a much larger share of the regular contract. TCU would get 50% of the BCS bowl money if they make it to a BCS bowl...but otherwise they are at a very big disadvantage and Patterson wants an even playing field. Arkansas was never going to work out because their football budget is nearly half of Auburn's. Also the SEC's new tv deal should be wrapped up by the end of the year which will blow any other deal away.

I believe Patterson is sleeping on a offer to coach AU and an extension to stay with TCU. It could go either way.

Think about a few more things though

- Why was there not a press release about the extension this afternoon? Vandy and Franklin had one with quotes about Franklin's commitment to Vandy.

- Why did Patterson say publicly in the media last week that he would listen? He has never said that before this year.

I don't want to get my hopes up so I will stick with he's not coming. If he ends up the coach at Auburn, it will be my birthday a month early.

Patterson is still the front runner at Auburn and he has not signed the extension with TCU...he has one on the table after TCU realized this afternoon Auburn was serious. It is for a few more years and a couple hundred thousand more than his 3 million dollar extension he signed in 2011. TCU is maxed out...they can't go much higher. They don't have the deep pockets that Auburn has...not even close. TCU started pushing the extension in the media this afternoon when they got scared which is where the public information is coming from. Auburn could go in the 5 million range with double the money TCU has to pay assistants.

Auburn's football budget will be around $45 million this year...TCU's will be around 25. The BIG 12 tv contract heavily favors Texas and Oklahoma because they get a much larger share of the regular contract. TCU would get 50% of the BCS bowl money if they make it to a BCS bowl...but otherwise they are at a very big disadvantage and Patterson wants an even playing field. Arkansas was never going to work out because their football budget is nearly half of Auburn's. Also the SEC's new tv deal should be wrapped up by the end of the year which will blow any other deal away.

I believe Patterson is sleeping on a offer to coach AU and an extension to stay with TCU. It could go either way.

- Why was there not a press release about the extension this afternoon? Vandy and Franklin had one with quotes about Franklin's commitment to Vandy.

- Why did Patterson say publicly in the media last week that he would listen? He has never said that before this year.

While most of your stuff is usually on point the highlighted part is incorrect. He says that or something similar every year his name comes up in coaching searches. He has been one always at least looking.

Educated guesses old school Clue style: Kirby Smart, On Wednesday, with the 3-4 defense.

If it is kirby does he still coach in NC game? Or put Auburn on hold till after jan 7 ..i dont want kirby but if it is id like him to start recruiting asap

Uh, I am no expert but I am going to say yes, yes of course he is going to coach in the National Championship game. He would not walk out on his boys like that and if he did it would be a poor decision.

Furthermore if Ellitor can answer some of the questions y'all are asking at this point Nostradamus will role over in his grave. It may be Kirby it may be someone else, they will give everyone a fair shot now, come on.

Disagree. I strongly believe both Bama and Auburn will not stand for him coaching in the BCS title game if he takes the Auburn job.

Cecil Hurt said on finescum today that if KS was hired at Auburn he would not coach the NC game.

While most of your stuff is usually on point the highlighted part is incorrect. He says that or something similar every year his name comes up in coaching searches. He has been one always at least looking.

I hope thats true and he picks Auburn!

It's funny, just tonight I've heard it's Gus, I've heard it's Patterson, I've heard it's Smart. Hopefully, we'll find out tomorrow.

FWIW Malzahm supporters in the program are also confident.

Actually I don't believe he has ever said that publicly. Try to find that quote or something used any other year. I will gladly accept if I am wrong. You are correct in that he has been a serial looker...but he has always denied. He has never been that open before. Most of his past interviews have been to get things like coaching salary raises and indoor practice facility.

He said "When someone calls, you should always listen, because it's the right thing to do".

I will still be suprised if we actually get him...but everything I was told almost a week seems to still be in play.

It's funny, just tonight I've heard it's Gus, I've heard it's Patterson, I've heard it's Smart. Hopefully, we'll find out tomorrow.

I would not be suprised if the plan is go for broke on Patterson...and if he says no pick up Malzahn tomorrow. I normally don't put too much credit on where the jets are but that may be just to much of a coincidence.

I would not be suprised if the plan is go for broke on Patterson...and if he says no pick up Malzahn tomorrow. I normally don't put too much credit on where the jets are but that may be just to much of a coincidence.

The jet thing is true? Thought it was a joke.

Actually I don't believe he has ever said that publicly. Try to find that quote or something used any other year. I will gladly accept if I am wrong. You are correct in that he has been a serial looker...but he has always denied. He has never been that open before. Most of his past interviews have been to get things like coaching salary raises and indoor practice facility.

He said "When someone calls, you should always listen, because it's the right thing to do".

I will still be suprised if we actually get him...but everything I was told almost a week seems to still be in play.

It was in an article someone posted a few days ago. I will see if I can find it.

According to flight aware, the plane we were tracking the other day is sitting in Fort Worth as we speak. Maybe it's nothing....

It was in an article someone posted a few days ago. I will see if I can find it.

It was in an article a couple of days ago. One was by Joel Erickson on the 28th on al.com. I just don't believe he has ever said anything that open before this year. He has always been dismissive prior to this year. You could be correct though...I am not much of an absolutist on matters as trivial as football searches.

According to flight aware, the plane we were tracking the other day is sitting in Fort Worth as we speak. Maybe it's nothing....

Like I said I never put too much into that stuff...but seems like a strange coincidence. I have only heard it was there from message boards though.

Archived