The word on the Search

ellitor

Steele was there when they went 12-2 and lost SEC title to UF, think it was a shared role between him and Smart not sure if he (steele) came back in. 2009.....Smart would be the first Saban defensive protege to amount to anything...

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that I haven't seen discussed: Kirby Smart and Alabama run a 3-4. Are we assuming he can come in and immediately make our D stout? Do we have the personnel to effectively run a 3-4 defense?

Imagine Lemonier, Ford, Owens, and Sanders in an Upshaw role... Let these undersized ends rush the passer, but also make some plays in space...

Need some linebackers though :(

Steele was there when they went 12-2 and lost SEC title to UF, think it was a shared role between him and Smart not sure if he (steele) came back in. 2009.....Smart would be the first Saban defensive protege to amount to anything...

Muschamp

How exactly could petrino get him fired faster, he is the one coach that can come in and we actually win football games. Maybe not the PR battles but the ones on the field the ones that will be lasting.

Question Big Question

Has Patterson or Petersen been interviewed ?????????????????????????

Rumor is, Patterson has been interviewed. No inside info, but I would guess that either we aren't interested in Peterson or he isn't interested in us.

Or.......stay with me now................they maybe...just maybe haven't come to a complete deal. Or.....it just hasn't been announced. Just a thought. You guys should really relax. Geez.

This is what I am wishing for

Please let this be true.

Dear Santa, I know i have made a few mistakes this past year but if you could find my wish to hire the right coach for my AU team I will try really hard to always be good!

Thanks.

P.S. Enjoy the home made chocolate chip cookies, and fresh milk!

My 2 cents worth --

What makes any of you think they will get it right this time unless we change AD?

I like CGC and think he represented us well but this disaster of a team has to be a coaching failure. Nobody I know felt like he was the right hire last time.

I will support whoever they hire but I do not think it will be the right person based upon past history.

War Eagle! :jossun:

I really feel like I did the night before Chizik was hired. And I feel like it will be Kirby Smart tomorrow or Wednesday. Just too much smoke around this fire.

You mean...too much smoke around this HIRE...

I'm still holding out faith for Patterson. I know it's unlikely though.

I really feel like I did the night before Chizik was hired. And I feel like it will be Kirby Smart tomorrow or Wednesday. Just too much smoke around this fire.

I feel like Auburn is about to make big boy decision and run the program like a corporation finally and hire the best man for THIS JOB. Petrino.

I think the AU faithful needs to start to get on board with the Smart hire... I think he is the only candidate, so far, that hasn't COMPLETELY divided the fan base... BP has, Gus has, and even Gary Patterson has... Let's let this thing play out. I'm starting to think this could be good!

Remeber, I have been someone wanting a "homerun hire" from the get go... but out of everybody else, Kirby could do some good things for AU... WDE We shall see!

Haha! Why would anyone get behind the MOST unproven candidate behind Morris. I think the news of him being interviewed has gotten everyone so paranoid that we will except anyone above him at this point. Which is I'm sure what the PTB want. I'm still holding out hope that that the new will be someone that has a proven track record as a head coach. Unfortunately my gut is saying we will do the typical Auburn thing: hire a coach that is just happy to land the job and will be willing to have the higher ups meddle in the program. Then we will be doing this again in 4 years.

Now, now... I STILL want the "homerun" with the proven track record, but if it comes down to the "unprovens", Smart would be the best option! He's had top 10 defenses at bammer for the last 5 years! It wouldn't be that bad.

Bama has a top 5 defense while Steele was there too..he leaves and gets canned at Clemson. Does it not worry anyone that all of Saban's protégés have failed miserably - Sunseri, Steele, Dooley

Shhh....they're on a roll.

I think & hope to some degree it is Bobby Petrino but obviously he has yet to be interviewed. I don't understand the concept of "smokescreens" can someone give an example of where an a.d. has employed this tactic?

I think the AU faithful needs to start to get on board with the Smart hire... I think he is the only candidate, so far, that hasn't COMPLETELY divided the fan base... BP has, Gus has, and even Gary Patterson has... Let's let this thing play out. I'm starting to think this could be good!

Remeber, I have been someone wanting a "homerun hire" from the get go... but out of everybody else, Kirby could do some good things for AU... WDE We shall see!

Haha! Why would anyone get behind the MOST unproven candidate behind Morris. I think the news of him being interviewed has gotten everyone so paranoid that we will except anyone above him at this point. Which is I'm sure what the PTB want. I'm still holding out hope that that the new will be someone that has a proven track record as a head coach. Unfortunately my gut is saying we will do the typical Auburn thing: hire a coach that is just happy to land the job and will be willing to have the higher ups meddle in the program. Then we will be doing this again in 4 years.

Now, now... I STILL want the "homerun" with the proven track record, but if it comes down to the "unprovens", Smart would be the best option! He's had top 10 defenses at bammer for the last 5 years! It wouldn't be that bad.

Bama has a top 5 defense while Steele was there too..he leaves and gets canned at Clemson. Does it not worry anyone that all of Saban's protégés have failed miserably - Sunseri, Steele, Dooley

Agreed!!! Staff has left sabans team and the tesms right on not missing s beat while the ones leaving fall flat.. whats the common denominator SABAN...Please not Kirby he could be great or he could be average or he could suck .

Two out of 3 there is average or sucks...sigh im getting depressed

I feel like Auburn is about to make big boy decision and run the program like a corporation finally and hire the best man for THIS JOB. Petrino.

Doubtful. Insiders have said that Gouge has assured them he will not sign off on Petrino even if JJ does.

Doubtful. Insiders have said that Gouge has assured them he will not sign off on Petrino even if JJ does.

I have heard this and I have heard that he was the one from the beginning.

I think & hope to some degree it is Bobby Petrino but obviously he has yet to be interviewed. I don't understand the concept of "smokescreens" can someone give an example of where an a.d. has employed this tactic?

Smokescreen: an idea/concept typed on message boards by posters who are afraid the guy they want won't be hired. Most often used in the early part of the 2nd stage of denial. This idea is only used on message boards and typically not by college athletic directors or university presidents.

Smokescreen: an idea/concept typed on message boards by posters who are afraid the guy they want won't be hired. Most often used in the early part of the 2nd stage of denial. This idea is only used on message boards and typically not by college athletic directors or university presidents.

:yes:

I really don't think they ever intended to consider Petrino, honestly. I think how it goes down is that the committee makes a strong push tomorrow to hire Gary Patterson, and if he accepts, he's the new coach. If he turns it down, Kirby Smart is introduced tomorrow or Wednesday.

At the end of the coaching search they make a video with Johnny Knoxville where they show secretly taped footage of the people they fooled with 'smokescreens' BUT..only true insiders ever get to see it. Either that or they are figments of message board posters imagination to explain the rumors that turn out to not be true.

:yes:

:yes: :yes:

lmao what's the third stage and don't say acceptance.

Acceptance.

Acceptance.

Weird, I was gonna say "liquor".

Archived