The word on the Search

ellitor

If we did go the direction of smart what would we do with to offense? ... could that be chad morris

I beleive Mike Bobo would be our offensive coor. He and Smart are supposedly very tight and roomed together at UGA

I like Bobo... but, he is a UGA guy. I'm not so sure he would leave UGA for the same position at AU. Though, I really like that idea, none the less.

Well if it is Smart I guess what the bammers say about Dye calling the shots down there would be true wouldn't it? If Auburn hires Smart and Bobo I am done.

Smart yes... Bobo, prolly not.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of Bama's assistants will come in as DC. Most likely Lance Thompson. IF we hire Smart.

Another possible candidate would be Sal Sunseri considering hes looking for work and knows smarts system

add possibly scott cochran. i'm really thinking that if Smart leaves he's going to pull multiple assistants.

One of Bama's assistants will come in as DC. Most likely Lance Thompson. IF we hire Smart.

Another possible candidate would be Sal Sunseri considering hes looking for work and knows smarts system

Sunseri was lbers coach before moving to UT wasn't he?

Sunseri was lbers coach before moving to UT wasn't he?

Yes

If we did go the direction of smart what would we do with to offense? ... could that be chad morris

I beleive Mike Bobo would be our offensive coor. He and Smart are supposedly very tight and roomed together at UGA

I like Bobo... but, he is a UGA guy. I'm not so sure he would leave UGA for the same position at AU. Though, I really like that idea, none the less.

Well if it is Smart I guess what the bammers say about Dye calling the shots down there would be true wouldn't it? If Auburn hires Smart and Bobo I am done.

Peace out...too many claiming to be auburn fans like you

I think the AU faithful needs to start to get on board with the Smart hire... I think he is the only candidate, so far, that hasn't COMPLETELY divided the fan base... BP has, Gus has, and even Gary Patterson has... Let's let this thing play out. I'm starting to think this could be good!

Remeber, I have been someone wanting a "homerun hire" from the get go... but out of everybody else, Kirby could do some good things for AU... WDE We shall see!

Haha! Why would anyone get behind the MOST unproven candidate behind Morris. I think the news of him being interviewed has gotten everyone so paranoid that we will except anyone above him at this point. Which is I'm sure what the PTB want. I'm still holding out hope that that the new will be someone that has a proven track record as a head coach. Unfortunately my gut is saying we will do the typical Auburn thing: hire a coach that is just happy to land the job and will be willing to have the higher ups meddle in the program. Then we will be doing this again in 4 years.

Now, now... I STILL want the "homerun" with the proven track record, but if it comes down to the "unprovens", Smart would be the best option! He's had top 10 defenses at bammer for the last 5 years! It wouldn't be that bad.

I think the AU faithful needs to start to get on board with the Smart hire... I think he is the only candidate, so far, that hasn't COMPLETELY divided the fan base... BP has, Gus has, and even Gary Patterson has... Let's let this thing play out. I'm starting to think this could be good!

Remeber, I have been someone wanting a "homerun hire" from the get go... but out of everybody else, Kirby could do some good things for AU... WDE We shall see!

Haha! Why would anyone get behind the MOST unproven candidate behind Morris. I think the news of him being interviewed has gotten everyone so paranoid that we will except anyone above him at this point. Which is I'm sure what the PTB want. I'm still holding out hope that that the new will be someone that has a proven track record as a head coach. Unfortunately my gut is saying we will do the typical Auburn thing: hire a coach that is just happy to land the job and will be willing to have the higher ups meddle in the program. Then we will be doing this again in 4 years.

Now, now... I STILL want the "homerun" with the proven track record, but if it comes down to the "unprovens", Smart would be the best option! He's had top 10 defenses at bammer for the last 5 years! It wouldn't be that bad.

Agree and IMO there is not a true homerun hire out there for the taking in my book any of the candidates are gonna be scrutinized by some just hope in the end we all rally around whoever it is and show are full support

If we hire Smart, why don't we just change our colors to red and white and build our own saban statue. Talk about a little brother complex.

Dye was a Bama assistant before coming to Auburn and that turned out well...Allbeit 2 jobs removed.

The point is, we have too many people that want to be like them rather than beat them. We should work on our own identity.

I was a fan for hiring Kirby Smart since the beginning of the new HC search. I do not think it would be a bad hire for Auburn. I believe it would be safe to say that If Smart is hired at Auburn, he will win more than 6 games his first year as HC.

I was a fan for hiring Kirby Smart since the beginning of the new HC search. I do not think it would be a bad hire for Auburn. I believe it would be safe to say that If Smart is hired at Auburn, he will win more than 6 games his first year as HC.

That is a mighty bold prediction there. 6 games! Whoa! Chizik was just a penalty, a turnover, and a missed tackle on a michael dyer like play away from winning 6 or close to it, so I am going to say you are more than likely correct! Sarcastic but I agree he is a safe hire.

Kirby Smart is my second choice. The more I think about it and who he could bring with him from the Alabama staff, the more I feel how great of a hire this could be. Our defense would be better with him just walking in the AD. I do not want Bobo however. thUGA fans complain everytime over a boneheaded play call by Bobo. But if he comes, I'll still support Auburn. WDE.

Just noticed we play Arkansas State next season September 7, second game of the year.. Interesting.

Funny thing is that a lot of people do not want Gus to be hired by AU but will sure be nervous to face him if he stays at ASU

Just noticed we play Arkansas State next season September 7, second game of the year.. Interesting.

Funny thing is that a lot of people do not want Gus to be hired by AU but will sure be nervous to face him if he stays at ASU

You mean the same guy that has no discipline. ...can't recruit or develop players and isn't that good of a oc.... that guy?

You mean the same guy that has no discipline. ...can't recruit or develop players and isn't that good of a oc.... that guy?

Yep.

Wonder if Dan Quinn would become DC under Kirby Smart if we can offer him more than Florida is. They coached together at the Dolphins.

if smart were hired i hope that he would reach out to Joe Whitt Jr., has run variations of the 3-4and 4-3 under Dom Capers in the NFL, would be a boom hire at DC. If smart chose Bobo, fine, but not my choice. However he is hired to be the coach and not me!!

We would beat Ark St. with Chizik team from this year

I wonder what out current coordinators are thinking tonight?

Can Wednesday get here?

Archived