The word on the Search

ellitor

I wonder how Saban feels about Smart interviewing with Auburn.....I always thought Smart would succeed Saban at Bama. Essentially this sets Smart up for a possible return to Bama if he is successful here, or they will say hey he failed at Auburn, glad we did not anoint him as Sabans successor...the only questions I have are what or how much of the defense is truly his, how quick can he adjust this roster to 3-4, what type of offense will he employ,his organizational skills, and will he have the stones to tell the AU ptb get out of his way and let him work....

I've always heard Dabbo was the guy in line to replace Saban.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE

Petrino spoke briefly last night with the committee via conference call. There was nothing substantial to the discussion and a face-to-face interview is a very long shot at best. For all intents and purposes it looks like Petrino was played.

Come to AUburn Kirby and begin the "Process".

UPDATE

Petrino spoke briefly last night with the committee via conference call. There was nothing substantial to the discussion and a face-to-face interview is a very long shot at best. For all intents and purposes it looks like Petrino was played.

Why would you say "played"? They called. They called Strong, too. What would be the goal of "playing" Petrino by calling him?

UPDATE

Why would you say "played"? They called. They called Strong, too. What would be the goal of "playing" Petrino by calling him?

No, but many reports had him as serious candidate. He may have read those reports only to find out he was not. I think that is the media playing him more than Auburn, but oh well.

UPDATE

No, but many reports had him as serious candidate. He may have read those reports only to find out he was not. I think that is the media playing him more than Auburn, but oh well.

I've never wanted Petrino, but if that's the case then AU's search committee should have sent word before last night. Perhaps they were hedging their bets that none of the serious candidates were going to work out, making BP the backup plan? Pure speculation.

UPDATE

They promised him serious consideration earlier but never asked any legitimate questions of a possible candidate last night. Basically they talked to him long enough to say we are calling to say we called and keep your mouth shut, which he did. The info was probably leaked from a petrino supporter in the program.

On Pete Rousel's site, he reported that Bruce Feldman (CBS Sports) believes that Rich Rod and Jim Mora Jr. are on AU's "A-List" of candidates,

UPDATE

They promised him serious consideration but never asked any legitimate questions of a possible candidate. Basically they talked to him long enough to say we are calling to say we called and keep your mouth shut, which he did. The info was probably leaked from a petrino supporter in the program.

Ah, but who did the promising? The cmte? JJ? Gogue? A supporter in the boosters?

I may be totally wrong, but I think there's more to the Petrino deal than a motorcycle ride and some lies. Maybe not, but as much as I would rather have someone else, I would have done a face to face and get the eyeball test out of the way. Face to face is a great way to gauge a man or woman.

We will get a great coach. Just keep saying that over and over while tapping your heels together 3 times!

On Pete Rousel's site, he reported that Bruce Feldman (CBS Sports) beleives that Rich Rod and Jim Mora Jr. are on AU's "A-List" of candidates,

Rich Rod would have me at the doorsteps with a pitchfork and torch. I hate that guy.

I may be totally wrong, but I think there's more to the Petrino deal than a motorcycle ride and some lies. Maybe not, but as much as I would rather have someone else, I would have done a face to face and get the eyeball test out of the way. Face to face is a great way to gauge a man or woman.

Yes but considering all the uproar of Petrino supporters they should have given Petrino a serious interview and that would have at least made them not hiring him more acceptable.

UPDATE

They promised him serious consideration earlier but never asked any legitimate questions of a possible candidate last night. Basically they talked to him long enough to say we are calling to say we called and keep your mouth shut, which he did. The info was probably leaked from a petrino supporter in the program.

Helpful reply. Thanks.

Yes but considering all the uproar of Petrino supporters they should have given Petrino a serious interview and that would have at least made them not hiring him more acceptable.

I agree.

K. Smart not interviewed either, but we did call and leave a message on his voice mail. Verizon is being played . . . :party:

Sorry guys, but if I got serious, I might jump off of my desk and end it all!!

K. Smart not interviewed either, but we did call and leave a message on his voice mail. Verizon is being played . . . :party:

That must be one TALL desk..... :)

If Saban jumped off his desk, he definitely would get serious injuries.

How would he make it to the top of the desk? Do they make mini ladders for each step of a regular ladder?

How would he make it to the top of the desk? Do they make mini ladders for each step of a regular ladder?

I was thinking the same thing. My theory is that some other person would have to lift saban up and put him on his desk.

Archived