4* OLB Zach Cunningham signs with Vandy

ellitor

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the coaches my pass on Cunningham, since Flowers committed.

Why would they pass on Cunningham? I believe Zach is being recruited for a different position than Flowers.

Probably boils down to a numbers thing. "First man in" kind of a thing.

Rivals saying the coaches cooled on him because they feel good about the possibilities of landing Flowers, which we did, Reuben, and possibly Walton, who is visiting this weekend.

Dang I hope Rivals is wrong.

Rivals saying the coaches cooled on him because they feel good about the possibilities of landing Flowers, which we did, Reuben, and possibly Walton, who is visiting this weekend.

Dang I hope Rivals is wrong.

Just a theory but I think the coaches may feej good about the Alexanders with Mackenro at Safety. That would be 3 safeties, cunningham would make 4.

This is when recruiting starts getting serious and cutthroat. If you aren't an elite guy but try to take it to the wire you may lose your top choices. Makes me think that is why we got a couple of commits today to pull the trigger ... Be in now or risk missing a spot.

This is when recruiting starts getting serious and cutthroat. If you aren't an elite guy but try to take it to the wire you may lose your top choices. Makes me think that is why we got a couple of commits today to pull the trigger ... Be in now or risk missing a spot.

To go along with that there is this free post from Bryan Matthews on Cunningham
if he doesn't commit to Auburn soon, he may not have a spot left. Auburn would take his commitment right now.

To go along with that there is this free post from Bryan Matthews on Cunningham
if he doesn't commit to Auburn soon, he may not have a spot left. Auburn would take his commitment right now.

Looks like the window is beginning to close ? Well, like I said on the other thread, at 6'4" but only 200 lbs right now, he has SO much potential when he grows into that frame you don't want to lose out on him. I hope he/we make the move soon.

JMO but Flowers recruited to play this season....whereas Cunningham would likely take a RS season to put on some weight and muscle for next year. With the HUNH offense we are going to need some quality depth everywhere on the D and I don't think we are in danger yet of having too many commits.

Flowers' committment should have no effect on Cunningham. They don't play the same position. I think "passing" on a four-star LB from the B'ham area would not make sense. LB is our position of greatest need and recruiting four or five of them would not be too many.

Cunningham's stock has continually shot up throughout the year. He's not the type of prospect you pass on, numbers or not. "If you read something and it doesn't make any sense, it's probably not true." I'll stick with that until I see otherwise.

I hope this guy doesn't slip off to Vandy or elsewhere.

Flowers' committment should have no effect on Cunningham. They don't play the same position. I think "passing" on a four-star LB from the B'ham area would not make sense. LB is our position of greatest need and recruiting four or five of them would not be too many.

Cunningham's stock has continually shot up throughout the year. He's not the type of prospect you pass on, numbers or not. "If you read something and it doesn't make any sense, it's probably not true." I'll stick with that until I see otherwise.

+1

I agree 100%, it would make no sense at all.

I do to but I believe Bryan Matthews when he says Cunningham may not have a spot left if he does not commit soon.

I do to but I believe Bryan Matthews when he says Cunningham may not have a spot left if he does not commit soon.

i will take that as good news.

What is holding him back from committing to Auburn?

He is visiting Vandy today who has worked him hard as well and then may go to Tn on Monday. It is between AU and Vandy. Monday should add more light.

Are we both recruiting him for the same position? It seems we are recruiting him for the hybrid position.....is he wanting to play a true linebacker position and this is his hangup with Auburn?

Are we both recruiting him for the same position? It seems we are recruiting him for the hybrid position.....is he wanting to play a true linebacker position and this is his hangup with Auburn?

Doubtful.

How do you see tat as good news?

IDK. Maybe he got one like Reuben Foster?

I hope that means this class is filling up and we are running out of room. That's my hope anyway.

I agree. If we are pressing a kid like this then we have to be narrowing things down. I guess that could be looked at as getting our targets or getting the next guy down the list in lieu of getting nobody ... Bird in the hand kinda thing

I hope that means this class is filling up and we are running out of room. That's my hope anyway.

^^^if you turn away a 4*lb, which is your biggest need, you must have silents from others locked up.

^^^if you turn away a 4*lb, which is your biggest need, you must have silents from others locked up.

We hope. I just have a feeling when NSD comes some will look at the class be disappointed on this issue and say we took this guy over Zach or we have 2 or 3 spots left why didn;t we take Zach?

Archived