4* OLB Zach Cunningham signs with Vandy

ellitor

Flowers' committment should have no effect on Cunningham. They don't play the same position. I think "passing" on a four-star LB from the B'ham area would not make sense. LB is our position of greatest need and recruiting four or five of them would not be too many.

Cunningham's stock has continually shot up throughout the year. He's not the type of prospect you pass on, numbers or not. "If you read something and it doesn't make any sense, it's probably not true." I'll stick with that until I see otherwise.

I hope this guy doesn't slip off to Vandy or elsewhere.

I agree 100%, it would make no sense at all.

I do to but I believe Bryan Matthews when he says Cunningham may not have a spot left if he does not commit soon.

i will take that as good news.

How do you see tat as good news?

I hope that means this class is filling up and we are running out of room. That's my hope anyway.

^^^if you turn away a 4*lb, which is your biggest need, you must have silents from others locked up.

We hope. I just have a feeling when NSD comes some will look at the class be disappointed on this issue and say we took this guy over Zach or we have 2 or 3 spots left why didn;t we take Zach?

that would suck, but we would have to be hoodwinked by others for this to happen.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kid seems to be a solid citizen and has a lot of upside.

The coaches' perception of their board may lock him out.

Personally, I'd like to see us take him and RF.

If RF will not give some creditable assurances, I'd say take a pass on him.

Gus needs to sign Zach.

Can someone get this to Gus?

right on it a4e....

Best post ever a4e

I hope someone will pass this along to coach Malzahn and his staff.

From what I understand, he has already been offered. The burden lies with Zach to commit.

Flowers' committment should have no effect on Cunningham. They don't play the same position. I think "passing" on a four-star LB from the B'ham area would not make sense. LB is our position of greatest need and recruiting four or five of them would not be too many.

Cunningham's stock has continually shot up throughout the year. He's not the type of prospect you pass on, numbers or not. "If you read something and it doesn't make any sense, it's probably not true." I'll stick with that until I see otherwise.

I hope this guy doesn't slip off to Vandy or elsewhere.

I agree 100%, it would make no sense at all.

I do to but I believe Bryan Matthews when he says Cunningham may not have a spot left if he does not commit soon.

i will take that as good news.

How do you see tat as good news?

I hope that means this class is filling up and we are running out of room. That's my hope anyway.

^^^if you turn away a 4*lb, which is your biggest need, you must have silents from others locked up.

We hope. I just have a feeling when NSD comes some will look at the class be disappointed on this issue and say we took this guy over Zach or we have 2 or 3 spots left why didn;t we take Zach?

Agree. We could go to 28 if necessary. I don't think we've got so many guys lined up that there won't be a spot for Cunningham. It would certainly be bad if NSD came, Cunningham signed elsewhere because he thought or had been told we didn't have room for him and we are left with two or three available slots un-filled.

We must start taking in-state players when they are of equal talent. Last year the bammers won with their "anywhere but Auburn" crap getting Quon Alexander to LSU. We've got to draw a line somewhere and get that stopped. Cunningham would be a great place to start.

In my opinion I think we should take Cunningham as a safety especially with TJ Green committing to Clemson today. I just do not see us passing up on this guy. Although we are recruiting Shane Tucker as a safety I would much rather have Cunningham.

Raptor position! Bird of prey....Talon will do as well. By the way, where are we rated in the recruiting battle?

In my opinion I think we should take Cunningham as a safety especially with TJ Green committing to Clemson today. I just do not see us passing up on this guy. Although we are recruiting Shane Tucker as a safety I would much rather have Cunningham.

Offer has been made to Cunningham, It's on him to accept. FWIW

Just connecting the dots here. We were recruiting Zach at safety. Shane Tucker was just brought in on an OV and offered at safety. I think the coaches gave Zach a couple of weeks and now are preparing to move on without him.

Just connecting the dots here. We were recruiting Zach at safety. Shane Tucker was just brought in on an OV and offered at safety. I think the coaches gave Zach a couple of weeks and now are preparing to move on without him.

Agree. Appears to be the case.

Agree. Appears to be the case.

+1

Confused.

1. Cunningham's 40 time is not impressive for a safety. What's the scoop there?

2. Are we cooling on Cunningham because he's keeping his preferences quiet? It's kinda rare to take an average recruit while you're waiting on an elite one. (If that's how things are.)

Confused.

1. Cunningham's 40 time is not impressive for a safety. What's the scoop there?

2. Are we cooling on Cunningham because he's keeping his preferences quiet? It's kinda rare to take an average recruit while you're waiting on an elite one. (If that's how things are.)

If the coaches are not waiting on him then they do not consider him elite. They were recruiting him at the Star spot which now looks like it has been filled in this class,

JC Shurburtt@jcshurburtt

The Top247 (non 5star) projections from @GerryH247sports and I from last night. Change Cunningham to #Ducks http://bit.ly/1165QTP #SigningDay

I saw that kid's interview after his visit to Auburn. I liked his demeanor. I hate Auburn is missing on him or that the coaches are passing whatever the case is, I had hoped he'd be a Tiger. Oh well

I think he is like Bell...had a "window of opportunity" , he did not respond and then it closed and AU moved on. Looks like a pretty good prospect to play after a RS season and maybe he is on standby for an award after we see what happens on NSD.

We sure could use another LB in this class, whether Foster signs with AU or not. I was hoping Cunningham would jump on board. Has the train left the station for him? Only our coaches know.

We sure could use another LB in this class, whether Foster signs with AU or not. I was hoping Cunningham would jump on board. Has the train left the station for him? Only our coaches know.

He had an offer like Bell. He didn't commit and AU moved on. Kid is going to be a good one in a couple of years.

He had an offer like Bell. He didn't commit and AU moved on. Kid is going to be a good one in a couple of years.

I have been thinking about those 2 cases and I believe it to be the case that we have moved on from them. The only way that makes sense to me is that we in fact do have some silent commits taken after their time ran out. Does that seem plausible to y'all ?

Archived