4* OLB Zach Cunningham signs with Vandy

ellitor

We sure could use another LB in this class, whether Foster signs with AU or not. I was hoping Cunningham would jump on board. Has the train left the station for him? Only our coaches know.

He had an offer like Bell. He didn't commit and AU moved on. Kid is going to be a good one in a couple of years.

I have been thinking about those 2 cases and I believe it to be the case that we have moved on from them. The only way that makes sense to me is that we in fact do have some silent commits taken after their time ran out. Does that seem plausible to y'all ?

Could be that but IMO, there are probaby a lot of kids that are more or less equal in the eyes of our coaches and they want to get things locked up.

Frankly a 3* who is probably a work in process doesn't have any bargaining chips....and if he waivers or the coaches think he might change his mind I expect the coaches just move along.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big believer in silent commits, but I suppose they do happen once in a blue moon. I can understand making a good effort to get a kid to come to Auburn and if, after a reasonable time the kid doesn't respond it's time to move on to another prospect. Time is precious and there is a practical limit on how much time a coaching staff would want to spend on somebody that is unable or unwilling to make a decision.

Also, quoting AU64 above: "Frankly a 3* who is probably a work in process doesn't have any bargaining chips....and if he waivers or the coaches think he might change his mind I expect the coaches just move along."

I'm not a big believer in silent commits, but I suppose they do happen once in a blue moon. I can understand making a good effort to get a kid to come to Auburn and if, after a reasonable time the kid doesn't respond it's time to move on to another prospect. Time is precious and there is a practical limit on how much time a coaching staff would want to spend on somebody that is unable or unwilling to make a decision.

Also, quoting AU64 above: "Frankly a 3* who is probably a work in process doesn't have any bargaining chips....and if he waivers or the coaches think he might change his mind I expect the coaches just move along."

Cunningham also didn't do himself any favors with AU when he tried to parlay his AU offer into a uat offer.

Good points from both of y'all.

We sure could use another LB in this class, whether Foster signs with AU or not. I was hoping Cunningham would jump on board. Has the train left the station for him? Only our coaches know.

He had an offer like Bell. He didn't commit and AU moved on. Kid is going to be a good one in a couple of years.

I have been thinking about those 2 cases and I believe it to be the case that we have moved on from them. The only way that makes sense to me is that we in fact do have some silent commits taken after their time ran out. Does that seem plausible to y'all ?

Could be that but IMO, there are probaby a lot of kids that are more or less equal in the eyes of our coaches and they want to get things locked up.

Frankly a 3* who is probably a work in process doesn't have any bargaining chips....and if he waivers or the coaches think he might change his mind I expect the coaches just move along.

Very true. So it could also be that we don't have a silent commit but we have enough higher rated players on the board that we are willing to take the chance. That is actually a good sign I think. So, if a lower rated player procrastinates too long its at his own risk, ie., he has a "valid till" date on a commitable offer. Ya snooze ya lose type of thing.

Cunningham also didn't do himself any favors with AU when he tried to parlay his AU offer into a uat offer.

OOOPs, that should be enough to put him on the "fall back" postion and down on the if we need a slot filled list.

I wonder if this guy is still an option given the parting of ways we apparently had because of him not jumping on our offer....I kinda hope the door isn't closed but he seems pretty interested in Vandy now.

I wonder if this guy is still an option given the parting of ways we apparently had because of him not jumping on our offer....I kinda hope the door isn't closed but he seems pretty interested in Vandy now.

Not at all trying to be a debbie downer; however, I sort of feel like he is all Vandy at this point. If I am not mistaken his mom wanted him to go to Vandy, not to mention we sort of dropped him like a bad habit. But I feel like our LB woes will be much less with the new coaches, as well as the instant help by Flowers, who IMO will start.

Not at all trying to be a debbie downer; however, I sort of feel like he is all Vandy at this point. If I am not mistaken his mom wanted him to go to Vandy, not to mention we sort of dropped him like a bad habit. But I feel like our LB woes will be much less with the new coaches, as well as the instant help by Flowers, who IMO will start.

Flowers is a kid we haven't talked about much, he looks pretty physical. I also have to believe Cass will make a push to start this yr.

Flowers is a kid we haven't talked about much, he looks pretty physical. I also have to believe Cass will make a push to start this yr.

^^^THIS thank you, not to mention Holland is good at stuffing the run if the D-Line can get ANY PUSH his only problem is pass protection, and don't forget about Kris Frost, I look for him to really get into the mix this season.

I'm not so sure about Holland. ..he's gotta work on his strength big time ir he's gonna get pushed around and end up lost in the middle of the majority of plays like last season

Archived