Helmet visors?!

AUbritt

Pretty funky story from the War Eagle Reader here about players wearing visors on their helmets. I thought Gus might be tempted to bring them back.

Golf, I guess you're conflicted about the visors. Langner seems to be one of the main trend setters here. On the plus side, there is some implication that Langner was an instigator in other ways, as well.

:wareagle:

c. Eye shields. Eye shields must be clear, not tinted, and made from molded or

rigid material. No medical exceptions are allowed.

Pretty funky story from the War Eagle Reader here about players wearing visors on their helmets. I thought Gus might be tempted to bring them back.

Golf, I guess you're conflicted about the visors. Langner seems to be one of the main trend setters here. On the plus side, there is some implication that Langner was an instigator in other ways, as well.

Yep David and I were best buds :-\ :-\ as for visors you were lucky to last 2 plays with them

The visor fad lasted about as long as tear away jerseys.

Nope tear aways lasted longer

Yep David and I were best buds :-\ :-\ as for visors you were lucky to last 2 plays with them

The visor fad lasted about as long as tear away jerseys.

Nope tear aways lasted longer

I actually think you'd have been lucky to have it ripped off your helmet!!

I also like those tear away jerseys and the orange facemasks from 1977 through the 1983 season.

I'm shocked :dead:

:o Me too. Shocked, that is.

This guy's wearing one: :aufb:

I would actually like to go back to the grey facemasks.

I also like those tear away jerseys and the orange facemasks from 1977 through the 1983 season.

I'm shocked :dead:/>

:o/> Me too. Shocked, that is.

This guy's wearing one: :aufb:/>

I would actually like to go back to the grey facemasks.

I didn't like it when Auburn changed from orange to blue facemasks. I now like the blue facemasks better though.

can they be orange tinted?

and yes, Golf has some great stories about Langner.

Golf and I have discussed Langner on previous occasions. I had a computer class with Langer in the early 70s on my second trip to the plains after a 18 year leave of absence in the Marine Corps. David was pretty much a loner, stuck to himself and didn't really interact with the other students in the class. It was just his way. He reminded me a lot of Bobby Hoppe , if anyone on here is old enough to remember who he was.

That's funny as all get out. A visor on a helmet? Gotta love the 70's, ha!

I sure as hell did in more ways then I can count

http://www.theamazin...ie.com/doc.html

I hadn't seen this short documentary...I loved this...also, I was finally glad to see something capture the picture of David Langner jumping in the air and kicking someone on an Int return. I've told my kids about that play for years but never been able to find it. This film has him in the air in the still shot.... War Damn Eagle.

Archived