Who decided that Lane Kiffin could coach?

tigerman1186

Again another outstanding performance by Lane....when is last time, or is there a time, when he proved that he was a coach and won a game that mattered??? Even though the Sun Bowl isn't a big time bowl the game is another example of one of his team 'just showing up'....a prime example that he can recruit, assuming the kids that go there are suppose to be outstanding, but can't coach them up...I would believe that Pat Hayden might call him in and tell him to 'hit the road'....I know this has nothing to do with Auburn, but it galls me that he is held in such a high regard as a coach, but can't....I wish he was back at Tennessee....

To think A LOT if auburn fans were wanting to hire him before Tennessee did is scary! !

Well according to Andy Staples he very well could've...granted there are lots of flaws in this article that I won't care to address.

That's a "what if" piece that Staples speculates what might have happened in college football had a play in the 2004 LSU/Florida been different.

I have never understood the Lane Kiffin hype. After the stunt he pulled with the Oakland Raiders I am surprised anyone would hire him.

I think the lords of gridiron are punishing USC the way they punished UAT. After all the NCAA penalties, probations, and scholarship losses, the lords of gridiron are making USC hire the same kinds of coaches UAT hired. In 6 or 8 years after 2 or 3 head coaching changes things will get better..... :-)

What is funny is they snubbed ga tech by showing up late for the annual bowl dinner. Gt left after wsiting 1.5 hrs. Then some usc plsyers hsd tweets about how much being at the sun bowl sucked.

What is funny is they snubbed ga tech by showing up late for the annual bowl dinner. Gt left after wsiting 1.5 hrs. Then some usc plsyers hsd tweets about how much being at the sun bowl sucked.

'buddy' system not working at USC either. There's a reason the outmatched good guy always knocks down the bad guys... hard work, desire, and discipline.

So they were a sucky team in a sucky bowl. Sounds fitting for them.

If they want better, maybe they should strive to suck less.

would Chizik actually consider being on this goofballs coaching staff

Maybe. The broadcast had a shot of DC Monte Kiffin in the press box and somebody sitting beside him with headphones on that sure looked like Chizik to me. Don't know if it was or not.

would Chizik actually consider being on this goofballs coaching staff

Maybe. The broadcast had a shot of DC Monte Kiffin in the press box and somebody sitting beside him with headphones on that sure looked like Chizik to me. Don't know if it was or not.

Yes he would the connection goes all the way back to Tampa Bay when we was at UCF, He studied under Tony Dungy Monte Kiffin and Lovie Smith. Another reason I am perplexed by 2012

To think A LOT if auburn fans were wanting to hire him before Tennessee did is scary! !

Well according to Andy Staples he very well could've...granted there are lots of flaws in this article that I won't care to address.

That's a "what if" piece that Staples speculates what might have happened in college football had a play in the 2004 LSU/Florida been different.

Notice I say he very well could've...since the result of the 2004 LSU-UF game "could've" been different as well.

Oh yeah, and am I the only one who thinks his wife isn't that pretty?

Kiffin will be gone this time next year, USC flops for the 2013 season.

Yep, and then Kiffin will be lucky to be a position coach on some NFL team.

Archived