Gif Showing Bad Spot IN BAMMER GAME

Weegle777

Lets try this again, does anyone know what thread the gif was in that showed the official stumbling over himself to move the ball up a foot to give bama a first down? TIA.

Lets try this again, does anyone know what thread the gif was in that showed the official stumbling over himself to move the ball up a foot to give bama a first down? TIA.

Not a gif, but

may be what you want. There's this new thing called Google. You should check it out. Pretty cool.

:poke:

Not a gif, but

may be what you want. There's this new thing called Google. You should check it out. Pretty cool.

:poke:/>

Goggles??? Why would I need goggles? You are still no help! ;D:tease:

And WarTiger is still a jackleg. ;D:tease:

Not a gif, but

:poke:/>

Goggles??? Why would I need goggles? You are still no help! ;D:tease:

And WarTiger is still a jackleg. ;D:tease:

Good grief, do we STILL have to do weegs work for him? It was linked in the other thread from last night. There's also the original thread that my deductive reasoning would be in the rivals section and not very old. Then we have the google option and last but not least we have the option of youtube.com and actually typing it in the search box. Believe it or not, it works exactly the same way when you look up Barry Manilow. Now you have officially gotten more help from me than any other jacknut here that is too lazy to research for himself. See it really isn't that hard. :tease::moon:

TheSpot.gif

In all seriousness, this is probably the most egregious mistake on a call we had all season. It doesn't matter who the teams are here, its the process. It's absolutely unbelieveable that this official would do something like this to spot the ball. Unfortunately, we didn't hear about any suspension or fine, but I can assure you something was done about it. That was beyond awful.

TheSpot.gif

In all seriousness, this is probably the most egregious mistake on a call we had all season. It doesn't matter who the teams are here, its the process. It's absolutely unbelieveable that this official would do something like this to spot the ball. Unfortunately, we didn't hear about any suspension or fine, but I can assure you something was done about it. That was beyond awful.

There was something done about it. Steve Shaw promoted him and gave him a raise.

P.S. I just noticed the money and bag of cash. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

God knows it looks bad. I would say it is possible the ref was coordinating with another official on the spot. But the way he looked behind himself, and then the way he moves his foot, it looks really, really bad.

He should never ref in anymore uat games. He's just doing what all ref do when their calling uat games. We've known for years that refs helps bammer during their games. Now we have proving fact that they do.

God knows it looks bad. I would say it is possible the ref was coordinating with another official on the spot. But the way he looked behind himself, and then the way he moves his foot, it looks really, really bad.

definitely not possible. The play came to his side of the field. It was soley his responsibility to mark the spot the runner was down. There is no coordinating the spot with any other official on the field.

If all he was concerned about was the spot being correct he would never have looked back. That is the most egregious example of outright cheating by a ref I have ever seen on film. But does it really surprise anyone after all the BS penalties/magical forward moving ball spots we faced in 2010? Fairly unsportsman like conduct call after sacking McElroy, the inbounds catch that was "oob" by Darvin Adams, the magic McElroy first down on 4th and 1 (if I remember correctly). I know there were more but I cannot remember specifics. I am usually the one saying that no one is getting paid but when the screwups on calls all go in one direction, they are not screwups. I honestly do not know what it is exactly but it is getting obvious that Bama is the beneficiary of this sort of stuff a little too often, and never the victim of it, as far as I can remember. To be fair, it may not be conscious cheating. It may just be that with success comes a more favorable opinion of the school, which may lead to more favorable calls. Confirmation bias could be at play. The ref thinks Bama is the better team, and so his confirmation bias doesn't allow the ref to see the team in an objective way, thus favoring them in any kind of close calls.

On a similar note: The thing that makes me almost certain of their illegal recruiting is just history, both of the school and college football in general. I'm not sure, I may be missing one but has there been a team with anywhere near the success of Bama, since Saban has been there, that didn't ultimately get caught cheating? Miami, Ohio State, USC, Oregon, Auburn (under Dye), Alabama (various) -- I think Nebraska, and maybe Florida under Spurrier (not sure, but I don't remember anything) but that is it.

Auburn needs to start a law program. Period.

As long as we have the tech programs, we will have a beautiful campus and lots of creative ways to demonstrate the school's superiority. Our sports marketing program will always have flashy graphics. AU grads will always have great ways of showing support, like making cartoon money fall out of the ref's pockets in a video.

But, what does UA have? Lawyers. And they sure are good at obfuscating things.

-"We have 18 bazillion national championships."

--"No you don't."

-"Harrumph! You can't prove that. Our football programs and Wikipedia say it's true."

--"I think the burden of truth falls on you to prove the validity of many of these claims beyond your self published magazine and Wikipedia."

-"Harrumph Harrumph! I am wearing a bow tie, and there are hardbound books in the background!"

In the case of this spot... The SEC's official position is that "The referee got the spot correct, but demonstrated an improper mechanic in the way he placed the ball on the ground."

I don't think it is enough to state it was a mechanical blooper. I think that tap-dancing toe is very telling. I think we would have to be fools to accept the statement at face value.

Here is a video of the play. You can draw your own conclusions about the SEC's response. I think it was a well crafted excuse by a lawyer.

This is from the 2009 LSU Alabama game. A 4th down and 6 becomes a 4th and inches after a 5 yard penalty.

rtk.png

Archived