Perhaps now all the gnashing of teeth...

TitanTiger

...about Gus assembling a 'Sun Belt staff' will go away. Ellis Johnson, Rodney Garner, Rich Bisaccia, Charlie Harbison, That's four of the nine coaching slots and he's still got a WR coach to hire. He's put together quite a group IMO.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, and actually contrary to popular opinion, I think Lashlee was best choice for OC, regardless of his age or background.

Had we snatched Chad Morris from Clemson, he'd have been here a year, two at the most before a HC slot came calling. And we'd have paid out the nose for the privilege. Lashlee will likely stay a good bit longer if we're successful which gives us more continuity and he knows as much about Gus' offense as anyone out there having worked with him for so long.

Had we snatched Chad Morris from Clemson, he'd have been here a year, two at the most before a HC slot came calling. And we'd have paid out the nose for the privilege. Lashlee will likely stay a good bit longer if we're successful which gives us more continuity and he knows as much about Gus' offense as anyone out there having worked with him for so long.

exactly

Don't forget smith carries a solid, experienced reputation

Sorry, forgot about Melvin Smith. Another very good hire...and not Sun Belt either. So 5 of the 9 slots are filled with non-Arky State/Sun Belt guys and we still have a WR coach to hire.

It is a great staff and I think everyone has a right to be excited about the future. I think I think Coach Lashlee is a great hire just like Kliff Kingsbury was a great fit for Texas A&M. Except I think we will be able to keep Coach Lashlee for several seasons which makes it even that much better for us.

Very solid staff! I like every one of them!

I admit I was surprised that Garner came home and that we got CRB (not attempting to spell his name yet). In spite of the rumors, I wasn't expecting either of them

Do we have good info that Chad Morris was offered the OC job? I heard the Arizona St OC was asked and then Lashlee was given the job. I expected Lashlee from day 1 and I think we have a very good up and comer at OC!

Archived