Blakely No Longer with Team

TIGGR82

Blakely may not be as immature as some of you think. He has a young daughter living in Florida with her mom and he wanted to be closer to his daughter. I wish him the best at USF if that is where he ends up.

He has a son, not a daughter. Michael Blakely III. Spitting image of him. He was a great dude. And for everyone else saying he has a bad attitude, how about not passing judgements on a guy you didn't know personally. We are close friends, the dude is the most generous and caring guy you'll find.

i for one appreciate you sharing that. Folks, including me, don't know each individuals situation. I do wish him luck. He has made decisions in his past and is having to work through them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is hidden good news in this. Tells me that there is a new culture at Auburn, that certain things / attitudes will not be tolerated. If so, that is a very very good thing.

There is hidden good news in this. Tells me that there is a new culture at Auburn, that certain things / attitudes will not be tolerated. If so, that is a very very good thing.

Care to explain for slow people like myself how you came to this conclusion?

Blakely may not be as immature as some of you think. He has a young daughter living in Florida with her mom and he wanted to be closer to his daughter. I wish him the best at USF if that is where he ends up.

He has a son, not a daughter. Michael Blakely III. Spitting image of him. He was a great dude. And for everyone else saying he has a bad attitude, how about not passing judgements on a guy you didn't know personally. We are close friends, the dude is the most generous and caring guy you'll find.

Can't blame a father wanting to be closer to his child. Hats off to him and I wish him luck and hopefully he can tear it up down here in Florida for the Bulls-let him know some of us are still pulling for him and wishing him success.

Waste of talent and AU time. Everyone saw it coming.

Cares about his son? Then step it up, practice hard, work out and do something on the field and IN the classroom. What better place than Auburn to be a running back? Oh yea, and marry the momma.

Thank you

Cares about his son? Then step it up, practice hard, work out and do something on the field and IN the classroom. What better place than Auburn to be a running back? Oh yea, and marry the momma.

Maybe that's his plan, but at USF closer to the momma. Don't hate on the kid. We will be fine at AU and Mason and Cam Payne are going to eat up a lot of minutes this year and I bet Grant shows us why he was a 4 star out of h.s.

Maybe that's his plan, but at USF closer to the momma. Don't hate on the kid. We will be fine at AU and Mason and Cam Payne are going to eat up a lot of minutes this year and I bet Grant shows us why he was a 4 star out of h.s.

Not hating on the "kid". What is he 20 years old? It's just that I never like hearing poor excuses from anyone, be it a running back from Auburn or a worker on my job site. Auburn will be fine if even you and me were in the backfield. Bottom Line is he's a headcase. Glad he's gone. I said the same thing last season. WDE

Dang it !! I hate to hear this. He was my favorite back of that year's class. Was disappointed when he pick Florida. Was elated when he decided to transfer to Auburn. Hate that he did not pan out. Was looking forward to watching him play. So much potential. Hope he gets his life straightened out and gets back on the field somewhere.

fathering a child does not equate to maturity. being immature does not equate to anyone being a bad person. obviously, he has a lot to work for. i hope that he is able to get his head right, concentrate on a quality education so he can provide for a lifetime for that son of his. if he is so fortunate to one day play in the NFL, cudos. however, it is in his best interest to embrace the opportunities he is afforded by whatever school and capitalize on the chance at a better future for himself and his child. good luck Micheal!

I quit following Blakely on twitter several weeks ago. Never anything positive to say.

You know every now and then I come across a post that cannot be ignored and this is one. Thank you Builder for getting it. This kid has spurned the opportunity he had with 2 major SEC programs. I am sick and tired of all of the easy standards set for these 18 to 20 year-olds. Grow up. I know a guy whose son is about Blakely's age and he is busy at Walter Reed recovering and learning how to live with one arm and one leg (among other injuries). While Blakey was at Auburn he was getting blown up in Afghanistan.

Blakely was called out by fellow teammates via social media a long time ago. I think it was none other than Corey Lemonier that mentioned Blakely failed to meet up with a project group because," I'm too drunk right now."

Good riddance. He was a cancer to the team.

Blakely was called out by fellow teammates via social media a long time ago. I think it was none other than Corey Lemonier that mentioned Blakely failed to meet up with a project group because," I'm too drunk right now."

There are still a few suspicious polyps that will either accept the current treatment plan Gus has implimented, or they will be removed. The first steps of cleaning out AU football began about two months ago, AU will no longer serve as the host where cancerous cells are allowed the breed.

There are still a few suspicious polyps that will either accept the current treatment plan Gus has implimented, or they will be removed. The first steps of cleaning out AU football began about two months ago, AU will no longer serve as the host where cancerous cells are allowed the breed.

Well put. As many of us have said the first improvement that must take place is a change in attitude and discipline.

Well put. As many of us have said the first improvement that must take place is a change in attitude and discipline.

A thorough cleasing was needed - Gus is scrubbing this place down to the base and given time, he will build it back up.

The only time I can remember one of these transfers working out was Kenny Irons.

Such a damn shame he blew his knee out. I think he would have made a good transition into the NFL.

Archived