Men vs. uat Game Thread

WarTiger

Can't underestimate the impact Cam had on the crowd which really energized the team. Sweet win and a great way to end that nasty streak.

I think the team played the best defense I have seen from AU in a long time and crashed the boards so much better tonight. Seems like CTB got their attention.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

War Cam Eagle.....not as sweet at 28-27 but this sure was a good one. :bow:

Only thing to make it better would have been if, when we took the lead for the first time, it was 28-27, with Cam in the house.

Outside of a NCAA Nat. Championship.....it doesn't get any better than this.

Cam and the AU family cheering on a incredible second half effort to beat the Gumps....How sweet it is!!

WDE to all and to all a good night!!

I cursed and cussed during the 1st half but am thrilled with a win tonight!!! Dont know if it was great defense or poor UAT shooting in the 2nd half but was happy to see that our guys didn't give up!!!!

Stats from tonight's game:

TOTALS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

uat 14-49 2-19 7-9 11 28 7 9 0 16 22 37

28.60% 10.50% 77.80%

Auburn 15-44 2-9 17-23 9 32 7 7 4 14 10 49

34.10% 22.20% 73.90%

Stats from tonight's game:

uat 14-49 2-19 7-9 11 28 7 9 0 16 22 37

28.60% 10.50% 77.80%

Auburn 15-44 2-9 17-23 9 32 7 7 4 14 10 49

34.10% 22.20% 73.90%

Finally found a team that shot worse.

An unbelievable game! The crowd really got into the game especially in the second half. Seeing Cam at the game was fantastic. I don’t think anyone can say he is not all AU even though he only played for us the one year.

A good crowd, I know it was a week game and it hard for out-of-town fan, but it would have been good to see another 2,000 AU fans at the game. If you were not there you missed a great win and singing rammer jammer-go to hell alabama.

If you have seen my comments on AU basketball this year, you know I have been critical of many things. That said, uat's performance wasn't about them having an off night. AU played a fantastic defensive game and apart from giving up a couple of offensive rebounds, they really made things tough on the uat offense. The zone worked, man worked and all because they played with urgency on the defensive end. Sullivan had a terrbile night shooting the ball, but he offset that by diving after balls on the floor and being a menace on the defensive end.

It was not a complete win, of course, due to the baffling offensive display early on, but late in the game, with a 6 point lead, AU didn't just try to run out the clock and throw up a wild last second shot when the shot clock was running down. Instead, they ran their offense efficiently and took the good shots it created and pushed out the lead. Barbee did a lot right in that second half and it was refreshing to see.

And it's ALWAYS good to beat uat. Always. In anything.

Typical SEC basketball...getting where the football teams are outscoring the BB teams. Where did all the shooters go?

The level of basketball in this state is woeful. However, everybody needed that win, the team, CTB and the staff, the students and Cam was way too cool. Another second half comeback with Cam involved and playing the turds? Coincidence?

War Eagle!!

I think Barbee did a fine coaching job in the final ten minutes of the game, and defensively the entire game. If this team only had one of those efforts in them I'm glad it came against UAT!

Not a pretty game, but a big win for AU. UAT was considered a Bubble team for the NCAA Tourny before coming to Auburn Arena. While we didn't play well, a win is a win. And it is always good to stomp UAT in anything! War Eagle!

This is the first game I have listened to since the uga game and it still seems we just cant get going in the first half. I am really happy this team plays well in the 2nd half (making FT goes a long way). Maybe a quick shot of IcyHot to the strap would help us bring a bit more fire to open a game?

Ugly win but a win - a conference win - and a Cam led comeback after half against uat!

Not a pretty game, but a big win for AU. UAT was considered a Bubble team for the NCAA Tourny before coming to Auburn Arena. While we didn't play well, a win is a win. And it is always good to stomp UAT in anything! War Eagle!

It's sort of funny to think that when they list out the good wins and bad losses for those bubble teams, they are going to list this as a bad loss for uat.

It's sort of funny to think that when they list out the good wins and bad losses for those bubble teams, they are going to list this as a bad loss for uat.

Yep. It is a bad loss for Alabama. We're not a very good team.

If I was at the game I would have been chanting NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! at Alabama's team.

It is pretty bad for us to be listed as a bad loss. But at the same time a lot of people (me included) find it funny that it could boil down to AU kept UAT from playing in the tourny. lol

Yep. It is a bad loss for Alabama. We're not a very good team.

If I was at the game I would have been chanting NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! at Alabama's team.

We won , they lost...WDE!

I wish someone would chant NIT, NIT, NIT, NIT at our team

Archived