douggwilliams

That 2003 team was unbelievable. One real player in MD. Beat Stanford and barely bean Syracuse who won it all. 10 years since we had a decent BB team. When did Jacobs come on as AD?

I believe that the 2003 team beat St. Joe's in the first round, and #2 seed Wake Forest in the 2nd round. And if Marquis Daniels had ANY semblance of a team around him I think we could have beaten Carmelo's Syracuse team. We only lost by 1 and Marquis was a one man show that night absolutely shredding that 2-3 zone with the soft mid range game. He outshined Melo for sure that night. Good times....

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the 2003 team beat St. Joe's in the first round, and #2 seed Wake Forest in the 2nd round. And if Marquis Daniels had ANY semblance of a team around him I think we could have beaten Carmelo's Syracuse team. We only lost by 1 and Marquis was a one man show that night absolutely shredding that 2-3 zone with the soft mid range game. He outshined Melo for sure that night. Good times....

Thanks.

We had that game in the books too. If it wasnt for some bad goaltending calls we would have won. MD wouldnt go strong to the rack on rebounds or blocks because they kept calling him. That was a gift game for Melo if i ever saw one

That was also one of the last games Jim Fyffe did wasn't it? He died in May 2003.

Hard to believe it's been 10 years.

Archived