2014 3* TE Jakell Mitchell commits to AU!

Dixie1860

Auburn OC @rhettlashlee did a marvelous job recruiting newest commit Jakell Mitchell. Big-time competition for Mitchell's services.

@JHokanson

Auburn now ranks 14th in @247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings with 1st Big Cat weekend commit from TE Jakell Mitchell

@247Sports

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jakell, welcome to the Auburn Family. You won't regret it because other than your personal family, Auburn is an awesome family anyone can ever have.

Hey Jakell, welcome to the Auburn Family. You won't regret it because other than your personal family, Auburn is an awesome family anyone can have.

HERE! HERE! :cheers:

Just watched his Junior year highlights. He has great hands and is very fast for a TE. He is a bit on the small side though. If we will play him at TE he may need to gain 30 to 35 pounds.

Just watched his Junior year highlights. He has great hands and is very fast for a TE. He is a bit on the small side though. If we will play him at TE he may need to gain 30 to 35 pounds.

Being recruited as the receiving H'Back.

And the specifics of how he will be utilized are what sold the kid on AU. I have a bammer buddy that was certain they would get him.

He is perfect for that position. Great

And the specifics of how he will be utilized are what sold the kid on AU. I have a bammer buddy that was certain they would get him.

Doubt he had a committable offer from the tawd :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Doubt he had a committable offer from the tawd :drippingsarcasm7pa:

That is a given. You know most people fail to realize that sabear has never missed on a kid that he wanted. It's true, just ask a bammer fan, they'll tell you. If they didn't sign with uat, they weren't really recruiting him hard or just wanted to sign him to keep them off The Plains.

Doubt he had a committable offer from the tawd :drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

That is a given. You know most people fail to realize that sabear has never missed on a kid that he wanted. It's true, just ask a bammer fan, they'll tell you. If they didn't sign with uat, they weren't really recruiting him hard or just wanted to sign him to keep them off The Plains.

The sad part is it isn't just the Bammers that think that way.

Doubt he had a committable offer from the tawd :drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

The sad part is it isn't just the Bammers that think that way.

Not in my book, anyone that could be led into believing that is a bammer. They might still be "in-the-closet" so to speak but if you look close enough they will have on houndstooth underwear or a "12, 13, 14, 15" tatoo somewhere!

Do they get their tightie houndsies at Hank's House of Houndstooth?!?!! Bama Up!!

That was pretty funny, my brother sent that to me awhile back.

Do they get their tightie houndsies at Hank's House of Houndstooth?!?!! Bama Up!!

That was pretty funny, my brother sent that to me awhile back.

Sadly I didn't get to see it till recently. Glad I did though b/c it can make me laugh no matter what my day is like. Got to get some of that houndstooth flavored baby food!!

• 1 month later...

I am hearing from a few reliable sources that Jakell suffered a knee injury today while at OTAs at Enterprise High School. Opeilka, Colquit County (Ga), Gulf Shores high school were in attendance at these OTAs . I have heard one person with close ties to Jakell mention ACL but they were unsure of the severity. Anyone else hearing anything about this? Praying for the young man.

I am hearing from a few reliable sources that Jakell suffered a knee injury today while at OTAs at Enterprise High School. Opeilka, Colquit County (Ga), Gulf Shores high school were in attendance at these OTAs . I have heard one person with close ties to Jakell mention ACL but they were unsure of the severity. Anyone else hearing anything about this? Praying for the young man.

Let's hope it is just a sprain, but an ACL injury isn't the end of a career like it was when I was a young man.

Let's hope it is just a sprain, but an ACL injury isn't the end of a career like it was when I was a young man.

I hope he is okay. I haven't been on the boards much this weekend so this is first I've heard. He would be a likely RS anyway IMO so he should have plenty of rehab time.

Auburn tight end commit Jakell Mitchell tore the ACL in his right knee Friday during a 7-on-7 game. He's out for the season. He'll meet with Dr. Andrews later this week and be scheduled for surgery. Mitchell will sign with Auburn in February and be a part of this class. I just spoke with Opelika HC Brian Blackmon and will have a story up shortly.

Link

Archived