2014 3* TE Jakell Mitchell commits to AU!

Dixie1860

Not as big of a problem as this use to be. Bad for Jakell as he might miss his SR season. He should be good to go when he reports to AU.

Exactly, I look for him to maybe RS anyway unless we have some unforseen attrition at H-Back/TE.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as big of a problem as this use to be. Bad for Jakell as he might miss his SR season. He should be good to go when he reports to AU.

Exactly, I look for him to maybe RS anyway unless we have some unforseen attrition at H-Back/TE.

Jakell could be the most underrated kid in the country. Know a couple of HS coaches who played against him last year and they said he is a stud.

Jakell could be the most underrated kid in the country. Know a couple of HS coaches who played against him last year and they said he is a stud.

Have no doubts there, I was just saying we would still have Uzomah, Fulse, Parks and Clifton. (though might be behind on Mitchell on depth chart.)

From what I am hearing he was having a great showing during 7 on 7 / team drills. The injury happened towards the end of the day. I have seen this kid in person not only at the Auburn camp, but also at a NUC combine last summer. The kid is a physical hard nose player that once he matures could be a big time player for Auburn. Would not be surprised to see the kid on the defensive side of the ball either.

From what I am hearing he was having a great showing during 7 on 7 / team drills. The injury happened towards the end of the day. I have seen this kid in person not only at the Auburn camp, but also at a NUC combine last summer. The kid is a physical hard nose player that once he matures could be a big time player for Auburn. Would not be surprised to see the kid on the defensive side of the ball either.

Note to self. 36078 has camp connections. Check.

Is Jakell out for the year due to his injury? If so, do we keep his offer on the table?

"2 Pages" strikes again!

I think a4e is caught in some type of time-space continuum.

Yeah. He appears to be in an alternate universe 1 day to a week behind our universe.

That doesn't answer my ?.

As was said in the past 2 pages yes he is out for the season and yes he still has an Auburn offer.

That doesn't answer my ?.

As was said in the past 2 pages yes he is out for the season and yes he still has an Auburn offer.

Heck ya he still has an AU offer. This kid is a legit talent. Baller is a better word.

• 3 weeks later...
Jakell Mitchell hoping to return from ACL injury in late October

"The surgery went well and I'm recovering," Mitchell said. "I started rehab the day after surgery and it's going well so far. I go three days a week and I got off my crutches last week."

"I'm looking to come back for Game 9 against Auburn," Mitchell said. "That's the last region game before the playoffs. Dr. (James) Andrews told me it all depends on me and how hard I rehab. It really just depends on how hard I work."

The three-star prospect who committed to Auburn on May 25 said the coaching staff on The Plains has been nothing but supportive.

"They told me to have my surgery and get ready to play when I get there," Mitchell said. "It hasn't affected anything. They're still behind me 110 percent."

"The surgery went well and I'm recovering," Mitchell said. "I started rehab the day after surgery and it's going well so far. I go three days a week and I got off my crutches last week."

"I'm looking to come back for Game 9 against Auburn," Mitchell said. "That's the last region game before the playoffs. Dr. (James) Andrews told me it all depends on me and how hard I rehab. It really just depends on how hard I work."

The three-star prospect who committed to Auburn on May 25 said the coaching staff on The Plains has been nothing but supportive.

"They told me to have my surgery and get ready to play when I get there," Mitchell said. "It hasn't affected anything. They're still behind me 110 percent."

Glad you shared that RIR, I would expect nothing less from our staff. He will be fine.

Glad you shared that RIR, I would expect nothing less from our staff. He will be fine.

Of course they are! We are Auburn!

Good stuff, as always, from our guys...looking forward to Jakell recovering and seeing him on the field when he gets here...

Good stuff, as always, from our guys...looking forward to Jakell recovering and seeing him on the field when he gets here...

This is great news. Kid is a LEGIT player.

This is great news. Kid is a LEGIT player.

It would seem so, many a poster has said the same and I remember some bammers wanting him as well. I hope he is able to help Roberts see the error of his ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I read where that game is a big deal to him. I hope he gets to play. Could he grow into a CJ Uzomah type player? That's kinda what I am envisioning. Anyone who has seen him know if I'm close or way off?

Yeah, I read where that game is a big deal to him. I hope he gets to play.

Given both teams are in preseason top 100 national polls that could be a big game for the southeast US.

• 2 months later...

Archived