2014 3* TE Jakell Mitchell commits to AU!

Dixie1860

927867.jpg

Jakell Mitchell, TE

Opelika, AL

6'4 / 210

- Lead Recruiter: Rhett Lashlee

- Unofficial Visits: 3/27/13, 4/20/13

- 2013 Big Cat Weekeend Attendee

247Sports: 3*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 3*

2012: Lined up at receiver, tight end and running back for his Opelika team. Posted 366 yards and 14 touchdowns rushing and over 300 yards receiving through 13 games.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=6664793

Offers: Alabama, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Rice, Troy, Tulane, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin, among others

• 1 month later...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read where he picked up an offer from the turds. Any insight on him?

Still very possible he commits around BCW.

Yeah, don't be thrown off by his "I'm a bammerneck fan" comment. BCW is gonna be something else if half the rumors I'm hearing materialize!

Yeah, don't be thrown off by his "I'm a bammerneck fan" comment. BCW is gonna be something else if half the rumors I'm hearing materialize!

Rumors??? Ooo, Mikey likey.

lol - I love the rumors of BCW. I would like to see a huge block of commits but I beleive it usually only ends up with 1 commit and usually from a guy we pretty well knew would commit. I just hope to get the intrest of some of these guys. I wish we had a few more "current" nations top guys showing up just to help that interest factor. Dont get me wrong - still an AUsome slate of guys. Just wish we could get some more guys like Fournette or Hand to show (Just throwing names out). It is year 1 and on the heals of possibly our worst season ever.

Would the commitment of Mitchell help with the flip of Stephen Roberts? Getting the commitments of the teammates of Tre Williams and Justin Thornton appear to have helped us land those two big time in-state players, so I hope the trend continues!

Would the commitment of Mitchell help with the flip of Stephen Roberts? Getting the commitments of the teammates of Tre Williams and Justin Thornton appear to have helped us land those two big time in-state players, so I hope the trend continues!

I am not sure but the info I am getting on Roberts being flipable has nothing to do with Mitchell.

I don't believe Mitchell will have play into Robert's decision. Not to say they won't play together on the next level but there are a bunch of teams this year in multiple states with more than one kid receiving SEC offers.

• 2 weeks later...

Has not been confirmed by an Auburn site yet but was broken by the guy who announces Opelika football games.

@VOICEOFTHEDAWGS 4h

Opelika High's JaKell Mitchell committed to Auburn. Quietly with no fan fare! My cousin is a great young man! Congrats-GO DAWGS

@VOICEOFTHEDAWGS 18m

Setting the record straight, Opelika's JaKell Mitchell will commit to Aub soon. Quietly meant, he told me his decision. (my cousin)

Why is his 247 rating so low? On the little number panel that rates skills on 247 he has at least a 7 in all of them, yet he is only their 14th rated tight end.

Why is his 247 rating so low? On the little number panel that rates skills on 247 he has at least a 7 in all of them, yet he is only their 14th rated tight end.

247 has him at 89 which is the highest 3 star 247 can give. The other sites have him as a lower 3 star.

he plays so many different positions that he probably hasnt had a fair evaluation.

he plays so many different positions that he probably hasnt had a fair evaluation.

Very possible

Has not been confirmed by an Auburn site yet but was broken by the guy who announces Opelika football games.

@VOICEOFTHEDAWGS 4h

Opelika High's JaKell Mitchell committed to Auburn. Quietly with no fan fare! My cousin is a great young man! Congrats-GO DAWGS

@VOICEOFTHEDAWGS 18m

Setting the record straight, Opelika's JaKell Mitchell will commit to Aub soon. Quietly meant, he told me his decision. (my cousin)

I think almost everyone has assumed Mitchell will eventually commit and sign with Auburn. But with the Coaching Staff apparently pursuing the JUCO pretty hard, I'm wondering how solid is Laye's committment. It's hard to imagine taking 3 TE's during these hard times (although they may be looking at JM as an athlete and CL as an H-back). And If AU does in fact sign Thomas (JUCO), does that mean our coaches are not as high on the Fulse, Parks, and Uzomah as most of us have heard? We probably should never try to second-guess this Staff. They are always thinking two or three steps ahead of us fans. I guess we just need to keep the faith and learn to trust. These guys are paid big bucks to figure it out.

@VOICEOFTHEDAWGS 4h

@VOICEOFTHEDAWGS 18m

I think almost everyone has assumed Mitchell will eventually commit and sign with Auburn. But with the Coaching Staff apparently pursuing the JUCO pretty hard, I'm wondering how solid is Laye's committment. It's hard to imagine taking 3 TE's during these hard times (although they may be looking at JM as an athlete and CL as an H-back). And If AU does in fact sign Thomas (JUCO), does that mean our coaches are not as high on the Fulse, Parks, and Uzomah as most of us have heard? We probably should never try to second-guess this Staff. They are always thinking two or three steps ahead of us fans. I guess we just need to keep the faith and learn to trust. These guys are paid big bucks to figure it out.

Fulse & Uzomah are JR's. Gotta stockpile some depth for the future.

From Pops post in the recruiting thread pinned at the top we may sign 3 TEs after all.

@VOICEOFTHEDAWGS 4h

@VOICEOFTHEDAWGS 18m

Whew, that's a lot of wondering my friend. Jucos are normally for perceived immediate needs in the 2 deep. On the HS commits, it just means we are going to be able to use redshirts at the position to develop players and build the depth for reloading, instead of having the need to rebuild. That's what good teams can do at every position.

But more importantly,

Welcome to Auburn Jakell and War Eagle !!!!!!!!

:wareagle:

Archived