OK...Bring on the Tide.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody have any idea how many E's we average a game?

The number is in the team stats but to me at least the most significant number is that approximately 1/3 of the runs scored against AU are unearned....and lately, we have given up more unearned runs than earned runs. It's not just errors.....it's the inability of the team to buckle down after an error and get some outs.

I sense the level of "care" amongst us message board fans has dwindled pretty dramatically. We play our biggest rival in the second game, win, and there is no new thread and only about 10 comments. Or is it the start of spring practice? My level of "care" has dropped and I wish it had not. I was so looking forward to this baseball season. Hopefully we will end the season well.

It's pretty pathetic if someone is the kind of fan who only "cares" when things are perfect.

AU had a big crowd at the ballgame,so apparently not everyone has abandoned the baseball team. And just FYI....there are posters who no longer post in the baseball threads because of all the negativity that never seems to stop. I think there are plenty of fans who still support the team.

Nice win tonight in front of a big crowd (like to see less deep pink but hey, it was a good crowd of Tigers non the less).

Negativity will cease to exist when consistency at winning is achieved. Life is like that. Sucks but its reality.

WDE! One more and we take 3 of 4 from the turds.

It's pretty pathetic if someone is the kind of fan who only "cares" when things are perfect.

AU had a big crowd at the ballgame,so apparently not everyone has abandoned the baseball team. And just FYI....there are posters who no longer post in the baseball threads because of all the negativity that never seems to stop. I think there are plenty of fans who still support the team.

Haven't you heard....

tiger_nike_ad_1.gif

Sorry Belle.......it's like the modern view of marriage...the spouse puts on a few pounds and the diet doesn't work...so guess it's time to dump 'em and start looking around for something better. In my observation, many AU fans have about as much loyalty as a rattlesnake...you see it every day on this board. I do think however that the posting activity on this board for baseball games is directly related to whether the game is on TV or on free radio where people from out of town can keep up with the game as it goes along. As it was, tonight when I got back from Good Friday church service it took several minutes before I could even find a score...which turned out to be the final. Keep the faith ! :punk:

It's never a bad day when we beat bammer. As far as negativity, I've been watching Pawloski's teams for five years now. I have valid reasons to be negative about our prospects, and will continue to have valid reasons for negativity until a new man is at the wheel.

For instance: We signed two supposedly all-world recruits last year. One of them is leading all JUCO players, nationally, in hits, doubles, RBI's and so forth at Gulf Coast Community College. What's he doing down there? The other is at Auburn and has, at last count, one at bat. Do things like that not bother anybody else?

Sorry Belle.......it's like the modern view of marriage...the spouse puts on a few pounds and the diet doesn't work...so guess it's time to dump 'em and start looking around for something better. In my observation, many AU fans have about as much loyalty as a rattlesnake...you see it every day on this board. I do think however that the posting activity on this board for baseball games is directly related to whether the game is on TV or on free radio where people from out of town can keep up with the game as it goes along. As it was, tonight when I got back from Good Friday church service it took several minutes before I could even find a score...which turned out to be the final. Keep the faith !

If you were in church yesterday, you know better than to put your faith in a baseball team ;)

As for finding a score, here's a website that is the best I've found: http://www.d1baseball.com/2013/daily/0329.htm

Friday was good, but Sunday is better. He is risen.

Sorry Belle.......it's like the modern view of marriage...the spouse puts on a few pounds and the diet doesn't work...so guess it's time to dump 'em and start looking around for something better. In my observation, many AU fans have about as much loyalty as a rattlesnake...you see it every day on this board. I do think however that the posting activity on this board for baseball games is directly related to whether the game is on TV or on free radio where people from out of town can keep up with the game as it goes along. As it was, tonight when I got back from Good Friday church service it took several minutes before I could even find a score...which turned out to be the final. Keep the faith !

If you were in church yesterday, you know better than to put your faith in a baseball team ;)

As for finding a score, here's a website that is the best I've found: http://www.d1basebal.../daily/0329.htm

Friday was good, but Sunday is better. He is risen.

Thanks...I will keep the site...but my main point was that it's fun to chit chat back and forth during the game, comment on the errors, the dumb moves by the coaches, etc. when we are able to follow the game via a broadcast. As for" faith"...read the opening words of Hebrews 11:1....that pretty much describes where I stand with our baseball program at the moment. ;D

It's never a bad day when we beat bammer. As far as negativity, I've been watching Pawloski's teams for five years now. I have valid reasons to be negative about our prospects, and will continue to have valid reasons for negativity until a new man is at the wheel.

For instance: We signed two supposedly all-world recruits last year. One of them is leading all JUCO players, nationally, in hits, doubles, RBI's and so forth at Gulf Coast Community College. What's he doing down there? The other is at Auburn and has, at last count, one at bat. Do things like that not bother anybody else?

If the kid is at JUCO...he probably didn't have the grades to qualify for Auburn. Ever think of that?

As for the other player it's possible that he's not ready for primetime. CJP may be letting him mature rather than ruin him by exposing him too early. Some kids need work and some don't. He could have some bad habits they need to work on first.

Nobody on a message board, or in the stands knows the situation with these 2 kids, so maybe you need to not judge CJP so harshly about it just yet.

If the kid is at JUCO...he probably didn't have the grades to qualify for Auburn. Ever think of that?

As for the other player it's possible that he's not ready for primetime. CJP may be letting him mature rather than ruin him by exposing him too early. Some kids need work and some don't. He could have some bad habits they need to work on first.

Nobody on a message board, or in the stands knows the situation with these 2 kids, so maybe you need to not judge CJP so harshly about it just yet.

It's not just about academics. From what I read a lot of kids go to JUCO because of cost There are not enough baseball scholarships for Div 1 schools to give many full schollys and even with a 25% scholarship, most kids can go to a JUCO for much less money. Financial decisions are a major factor in where kids end up playing ball immediately after HS.

As for the Dial situation, it wasn't grades and it wasn't scholarship money. He was at Auburn last year and injured an oblique. He could have red-shirted, but he is singularly focused on playing pro ball. Anything that takes additional time is a deterrent and he is doing all he can to fast track. He was signed as a SS, but is working to convert to catcher now. Not sure how that will play out. It's my understanding that he was told he could come back to Auburn at any time, but he is currently committed to Columbus State for 2014.

As for the Dial situation, it wasn't grades and it wasn't scholarship money. He was at Auburn last year and injured an oblique. He could have red-shirted, but he is singularly focused on playing pro ball. Anything that takes additional time is a deterrent and he is doing all he can to fast track. He was signed as a SS, but is working to convert to catcher now. Not sure how that will play out. It's my understanding that he was told he could come back to Auburn at any time, but he is currently committed to Columbus State for 2014.

Thanks for the information on Dial. I didn't know exactly who the poster was talking about, or what the actual circumstances were concerning the player's situation. I say good luck to Dial and I hope he makes it to the big league.

Somebody tell me...how is that situation CJP's fault? That young man simply has different plans for his future than a degree from Auburn at this point. That's out of CJP's control...and I'm sure he wishes Mr.Dial a great future in baseball.

It's not just about academics. From what I read a lot of kids go to JUCO because of cost There are not enough baseball scholarships for Div 1 schools to give many full schollys and even with a 25% scholarship, most kids can go to a JUCO for much less money. Financial decisions are a major factor in where kids end up playing ball immediately after HS.

That will somehow be CJP's fault too...

That will somehow be CJP's fault too...

No but the terrible defense, inconsistent pitching, and lack of postseason success is.

Hopefully with win yesterday we can begin comeback and save this season. I will be at game today to see tigers get first SEC series win

Somebody tell me...how is that situation CJP's fault?

That depends on who you ask. I am now convinced that mistakes (in communication?) were made on both sides.

Those things can be cleared up if the desire is there. Maybe the kid is just not AU material. As hard as it is for some people to accept....not every kid wants to be at Auburn. The academics are demanding, and for a young man whose focus is elsewhere, it may not be a good match. Since it appears that he has moved on...maybe some of you should as well.

Archived