Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

So quick question....wasn't the NCAA on campus during the time this allegedly occurred? And if so wouldn't have seen grade changes? think about it.... so his trial starts Monday and his lawyer asked to be excused...so who would be the next lawyer? Could it be that a booster from another program may be providing some money to someone to allege this crap?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read the article and it is really just sad overall; first of all, that was Demetruce, not Mike McNeil who made a touchdown saving tackle against Oregon. Second, the article seems to be very contradictory in some places; we see the same stuff every year my AU family, somebody trying to bring down Auburn so everyone at Espn can go kiss the ground that UAT walks on

Wow; just read the reaction from Mike Blanc; sounds like what I expected; someone who doesn't know about the situation twists players words and lies about what they wanted to hear from the players. Love how Blanc was accused if being one of the players who had his grades changed and doesn't even know of anyone who had anything like that.... Stop accusing Auburn, it's just sad now

Justin Hokanson @JHokanson

Mike Blanc spoke with Selena Roberts tonight: "She said, 'the whole thing was a misunderstanding.' She agreed it was a misunderstanding." ??

Ok, so we should expect a retraction on her crappy website, a follow-up article claiming she wrote false information, and a public apology to AU and the former players... right?

2 Words: PROVE IT!!!

Once again... much like the HBO 4, nobody will be able to prove anything!

Investigators would (a) have to get said former players to talk, and ( B) get the other guilty parties (coaches/boosters) to talk - and then prove it! Not gonna happen!

The grades issue is the only thing that would/could hurt AU... although I truly doubt the big bad AU Compliance Dept. would let anything of this nature slide.

2007 Muschamp / McNeill issue is 6 years old, NCAA can do nothing... even if, I'm sure Muschamp would think thats laughable...

Again... Pure hatchet job. NOTHING will come of this.

The big problem is that none of it has to be true to damage Auburn. Auburn's reputation is yet again being drug through the mud by national media, which can have a negative recruiting and money making impact.

I'm very confident that none of this is true. but in the end the truth doesn't matter. This hack job journalist gets attention and praise, and Auburn's reputation takes another hit, regardless of the truth about the matter.

And it doesn't really matter if the NCAA does anything or not. We were cleared in the Cam Newton situation, but none of the journalist who slung mud at Auburn about Newton faced any consequences for that event. The same will be true here.

Mike Blanc spoke with Selena Roberts tonight: "She said, 'the whole thing was a misunderstanding.' She agreed it was a misunderstanding." ??

Ok, so we should expect a retraction on her crappy website, a follow-up article claiming she wrote false information, and a public apology to AU and the former players... right?

Duke is still waiting for their apology.

2 Words: PROVE IT!!!

Once again... much like the HBO 4, nobody will be able to prove anything!

Investigators would (a) have to get said former players to talk, and ( B) get the other guilty parties (coaches/boosters) to talk - and then prove it! Not gonna happen!

The grades issue is the only thing that would/could hurt AU... although I truly doubt the big bad AU Compliance Dept. would let anything of this nature slide.

2007 Muschamp / McNeill issue is 6 years old, NCAA can do nothing... even if, I'm sure Muschamp would think thats laughable...

Again... Pure hatchet job. NOTHING will come of this.

The big problem is that none of it has to be true to damage Auburn. Auburn's reputation is yet again being drug through the mud by national media, which can have a negative recruiting and money making impact.

I'm very confident that none of this is true. but in the end the truth doesn't matter. This hack job journalist gets attention and praise, and Auburn's reputation takes another hit, regardless of the truth about the matter.

And it doesn't really matter if the NCAA does anything or not. We were cleared in the Cam Newton situation, but none of the journalist who slung mud at Auburn about Newton faced any consequences for that event. The same will be true here.

To be quite honest... I really don't care. We basically put ourselves on probation last season and set our program back a few years by going 3-9...

The only thing that ticks me off, is people are STILL so butt-hurt that AU won the natty in 2010, that they're STILL trying to somehow corrupt that season... It's almost as if there's a contest going on... the winner is the first person who can make the NCAA retroactively take AU's championship away! It's almost comical!

Sounds to me like there are some people a little worried about what Gus is bringing to the plains and are trying to do something about it.

Yep! Auburn is getting back on track and fast. A top 10 recruiting class with the HC fired...who does that? Yep i sense some jealousy for sure. Man I'm so tired of this SHID! I'm usually the person to say don't blame the bammers for stories like this that continue to come up about us but even if it is not linked to a bammer...why do we get so much shid thrown at us when Bama is cleary doing some questionable things and it is quite as a mouse over there? I'm just tired of this shid! I wasn't a big fan of the Gus hire but i hope Gus exceeds my expectations shut all the Bama and BSPN crap DOWN!

It's like the F'n NCAA home is in Auburn! We go 3-9 last season and yet we are cheaters? H3ll if we were cheating we should've done a freaking better job of it! I don't know much about law but why can't schools or individuals sue for slander or libel? It's just getting out of hand with stories of players who are mad at Auburn and just trying to find a way to get back at us. This is the same woman who did a horrible job reporting on the lacrosse incident. McNiel is about to go to prison for at least 15 years to life and she's trusting him? Somebody needs to revoke her Auburn degree..just a freaking disgrace! GTFOFH!

So I just read the espn article, and i almost had an aneurysm. This was how they started the article, "Auburn's football program changed players' grades to secure eligibility, offered money to potential NFL draft picks so they would return for their senior seasons, and violated NCAA recruiting rules under former coach Gene Chizik." Only after they stated that like it was fact did they ALLUDE to the fact it was just allegations. The reason they did this was because in our ADD world they knew people would only read the first two sentences and then react. A responsible journalist would have stated from the beginning that the whole thing was allegations. But espn just loves us...

Why would we pay a mediocre at best safety that's going around robbing people? Or a wide reciever who leaves and goes undraftrd instead of the sure money. Common sense folks. If you're getting a paycheck you're not going to go hit a lick.

Exactly! You just go back to where you got the money if it was a coach! Who would risk 15 to life if they are getting paid off from their coach? Shid doesn't even make sense. Plus, the NCAA was all over Auburn when the Cam situation went down so people don't think they would've found out something about what McNiel claims. McNiel is just trying to get a deal to not serve a long time in prison and his only card he is trying to play is Auburn. SMDH.

lmao @ the comments under the ESPN article

I took a look at those a little earlier, and I have to admit some of the comments were good.

If all of this proves to be fiction, is there a legal course for the university to take? It seems with all the alleged things being brought against us with no proof,it would at some point become unbearable by the administration.

I would love for Auburn to turn this around and sue these reporters for some form of defamation of character or something.

For real! What do people have against Auburn? They act like we are winning freaking 50 National Championships or something! Good grief...we just won 3 games this year and 0 in the SEC! What the F?!

I'm tired of this shid and our AD needs to get a handle on this crap once and for all. People think we did something...go to Auburn for a few weeks and do all the freaking digging you want to do. If the HBO special didn't come of anything what makes people think this will. It's bascially the same allegations! I'm just tired of this shid and we need to step up and defend ourselves some kind of way b/c it's just going to continue and continue. SMDH.

I would love for Auburn to turn this around and sue these reporters for some form of defamation of character or something.

For real! What do people have against Auburn? They act like we are winning freaking 50 National Championships or something! Good grief...we just won 3 games this year and 0 in the SEC! What the F?!

I'm tired of this shid and our AD needs to get a handle on this crap once and for all. People think we did something...go to Auburn for a few weeks and do all the freaking digging you want to do. If the HBO special didn't come of anything what makes people think this will. It's bascially the same allegations! I'm just tired of this shid and we need to step up and defend ourselves some kind of way b/c it's just going to continue and continue. SMDH.

They are hitting a man when he's down! I cant wait to see the segment where apparently we payed Wes Byrum too!

If all of this proves to be fiction, is there a legal course for the university to take? It seems with all the alleged things being brought against us with no proof,it would at some point become unbearable by the administration.

Unfortunately journalists don't need 'proof' to report allegations, but in order to take legal action you do need proof that someone intentionally fabricated a story to do harm to you, which in most cases is near impossible to do.

What fires me up is the fact that these jar heads are even talking to begin with. Not much between the ears I guess. So much for school loyalty. As Lester put it, some guys just don't have the chest.

Interesting thing happened on Sports Center at 10:30...the headline was third in line to be played after the Rutgers and Carmello stories. Then all of a sudden...poof! It disappeared. Weird!

Duke is still waiting for their apology.

AuburnSports.com caught up with former Auburn defensive lineman Mike Blanc on Wednesday night regarding his part in a questionable report by Selena Roberts, writer for Roopstigo.com. Here's what Blanc had to say regarding his part in the story in it's entirety.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1491490

Slander or libel but it's hard to prove and most likely would cost the school a lot money to fight. I agree that we have to stand up and do something. Start dropping some dirt on these reporters...SOMETHING instead of always sitting back and taking hits from all the allegations or else it's just going to continue!

Archived