2012 4* RB Barry J. Sanders (Stanford signee)

Duder

Who cares, we have better RB's on the board including Yeldon.

You have such a sweet way with words.   :-\

This is a recruiting board and AU is/has been recruiting Barry, so I would guess a lot of ppl here care.

Thanks for the info on Yeldon.  Can you tell me why you think he is a better back than Sanders?

Because he wants to be at Auburn. :wedance:

To have AU in your heart make you a 10 star in my book.  If you love what you are doing, and love where you are at, no matter how it applies to your life you will be more successful. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was always a long shot. A surprise BCW III visitor. I think this staff feels good where we stand with Yeldon, Robinson/Marshall and Kimbrow. And don't forget about Blakely and Grant.

We'll be a little thin this year, but next year we'll have Dyer as a Jr, Omac as a Sr, Mason as a probable soph, Blakely as a Fr and Yeldon as a Fr. That's 5 really good RB's. I didn't add Anthony Morgan because I just don't know how he'll turn out. He's a jr this year and he really hasn't been able to find a position as of yet. Hopefully he can be a productive RB this year, but I'm just not sure that he'll get many carries over Dyer and Omac.

And we very well may end up with one of Robinson, Marshall or Kimbrow. That would be a pretty crowded backfield, however Omac will be gone after next year and there's a real possibility of Dyer going pro early, so that would make the competition a little lighter come 2013.

Hate to say it, but it doesn't sound thin to me. On second though, no I don't hate to say it!

We'll be just fine at RB without him. If he doesn't end up at Ok St, he'll probably end up at bama.

Kinda what I was thinking to, you know since satin sorry I mean Sabin has just "bumped" into him. You know the Sabin rule that Sabin likes to break.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I think our best shot is with Jovon and Keith, I was wondering has there been anything new on us with Barry Sanders Jr.

DJ_Hatch,

Some just never will learn.

I gave up trying with him a LONG time ago!  :rolleyes:

I am hearing that Jr. said if Auburn went with orange facemasks he would be All In.

I thought it was blue pants?  :banghead:

Somebody call the athletic department. We have a makeover to do!

He made a top 4 and we weren't in it.

Maybe when he makes a top 5 we will be in it.    ;)

I only say this because with this group of coaches, I can honestly say for the first time that we will never be out of it for anyone that we want.  I have never been so happy with recruiting as I am with this amazing group of coaches that Coach Chizik has assembled.  It is the "Dream Team" of assistant coaches. 

Is Barry Sanders, Jr really that great or is he really good and gets a bump because of the name? I ask seriously because I don't really know.

If I was him, I would have a hard time looking seriously at AU right now considering how our RB situation has changed drastically in the last month or so. He could get a little lost in the shuffle with all the talent we are bringing in.

Just 1 more reason why we should pull out those orange facemasks.

I've never realized that you love the orange facemasks.

Please NEVER bring that pic back SW!

To finish the thread unless it gets HJ.  BSJ is NOT coming to AU. He did stay at a holiday in last night and accidently ran into knee high in the lobby ;D

• 1 year later...

Imagine CGM with that! Seriously, that OL he had in HS was terrible. They were run blitzing and he just bounced off of them and hit the ground like he was shot form a gun. I use to watch Detroit every Thanksgiving and he would put on a clinic sometimes.

I swear he had an extea pivot point in his ankles or something. You would see photos where he appeared to be falling down but he was just changing direction.

Archived