2012 4* RB Barry J. Sanders (Stanford signee)

Duder

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

For now his four are: Alabama, FSU, Oklahoma State and Stanford.

Oregon, Notre Dame and Auburn dropped from his list (for now)

He was always a long shot. A surprise BCW III visitor. I think this staff feels good where we stand with Yeldon, Robinson/Marshall and Kimbrow. And don't forget about Blakely and Grant.

He was always a long shot. A surprise BCW III visitor. I think this staff feels good where we stand with Yeldon, Robinson/Marshall and Kimbrow. And don't forget about Blakely and Grant.

Q: How do you know recruiting is going well?

A: When you can say "don't forget about Mike Blakely"

:thumbsup:

We'll be a little thin this year, but next year we'll have Dyer as a Jr, Omac as a Sr, Mason as a probable soph, Blakely as a Fr and Yeldon as a Fr. That's 5 really good RB's. I didn't add Anthony Morgan because I just don't know how he'll turn out. He's a jr this year and he really hasn't been able to find a position as of yet. Hopefully he can be a productive RB this year, but I'm just not sure that he'll get many carries over Dyer and Omac.

And we very well may end up with one of Robinson, Marshall or Kimbrow. That would be a pretty crowded backfield, however Omac will be gone after next year and there's a real possibility of Dyer going pro early, so that would make the competition a little lighter come 2013.

We'll be a little thin this year, but next year we'll have Dyer as a Jr, Omac as a Sr, Mason as a probable soph, Blakely as a Fr and Yeldon as a Fr. That's 5 really good RB's. I didn't add Anthony Morgan because I just don't know how he'll turn out. He's a jr this year and he really hasn't been able to find a position as of yet. Hopefully he can be a productive RB this year, but I'm just not sure that he'll get many carries over Dyer and Omac.

And we very well may end up with one of Robinson, Marshall or Kimbrow. That would be a pretty crowded backfield, however Omac will be gone after next year and there's a real possibility of Dyer going pro early, so that would make the competition a little lighter come 2013.

Just for fun... Bray, Reed, Uzomah and L. Phillips will probably all see touches out of the backfield, even if only a handful.

Who cares, we have better RB's on the board including Yeldon.

You have such a sweet way with words.  :-\

This is a recruiting board and AU is/has been recruiting Barry, so I would guess a lot of ppl here care.

Thanks for the info on Yeldon.  Can you tell me why you think he is a better back than Sanders?

Who cares, we have better RB's on the board including Yeldon.

You have such a sweet way with words.   :-\

This is a recruiting board and AU is/has been recruiting Barry, so I would guess a lot of ppl here care.

Thanks for the info on Yeldon.  Can you tell me why you think he is a better back than Sanders?

Because he wants to be at Auburn. :wedance:

Sanders is really good but,Give me JR from Memphis to pair with Yeldon and i will be on cloud nine.. :happydance:

TJY and JR are both big H-back types.  Though I still think TJ ends up at WR.  Sanders is a completely different type of back. 

I agree though now that we have Mike Blakely, and Tre Mason in school a pair of big backs is more important for this recruiting class.  However it would be major boost to any program to get a quality every down type, home run threat like Sanders, or Marshall. 

Archived