Ron Stallworth vs DeMarco McNeil

DoubleX

With respect to Ron Stallworth...I pick DeMarco McNeil.

+1... Ron Stallworth certainly came in with much higher expectations having been named the USA Defensive Player of the Year his Sr year of HS. To be honest, however, his career at Auburn never quite met those expectations until his RS Sr season. He did have a good Sr season.

Ron Stallworth was part of the best defensive line in Auburn history (along with Benji Roland and Tracy Rocker). DeMarco was a good player, but I don't think he was even close to Ron.

This is a tough one I think exactly because of what im4aual mentioned. Stallworth was part of an outstanding group so it's really tough to compare the two. If I had to pick, I'd take DeMarco I guess. He had to fight through more double teams I'm thinking because he didn't have Benji and Rocker taking the focus of the gameplan and blocking schemes. Both outstanding players though, there's no wrong answer on this one. WDE.

Ron is a good guy who was on the verge of being one of biggest signee busts in Auburn history-- one solid season saved him from that thread.

Archived