Our first choice was Sumlin

Why is this thread still here? From the start it was the turd news trying to make Gus and Auburn look bad, now it has become the Nick Satan Thread. Can it be removed?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this thread still here? From the start it was the turd news trying to make Gus and Auburn look bad, now it has become the Nick Satan Thread. Can it be removed?

+1

They begged Saban to come alright, with the richest (at the time) contract---4 mil per year, I believe---with NO BUYOUT and total control of the program as well as the university (I know the last part wasn't part of the contract, but he does have control of that school).

I have a few friends from high school at UAT and they all say the same thing- right now, Bama football controls UAT and Saban controls Bama football. Therefore, Saban controls UAT.

To be honest. You have to be a controlling hard arse to coach at Bama. If you are passive like Shula was the insane fan base and media will eat you alive.

They begged Saban to come alright, with the richest (at the time) contract---4 mil per year, I believe---with NO BUYOUT and total control of the program as well as the university (I know the last part wasn't part of the contract, but he does have control of that school).

I have a few friends from high school at UAT and they all say the same thing- right now, Bama football controls UAT and Saban controls Bama football. Therefore, Saban controls UAT.

To be honest. You have to be a controlling hard arse to coach at Bama. If you are passive like Shula was the insane fan base and media will eat you alive.

This is very true - a coach can't afford to dilly-dally around and take crap from the AD & "higher-ups" either. UAT has had, and still has some dysfunctional personalities scattered throughout that administration. They are still the quintessential "Good Ole Boy" network and they have folks in place that pull the puppet strings and open up the wallets when needed. To think otherwise is just foolish, IMO.

Those same ole fat cats didn't die off or fall off the face of the earth, they are still a large part of that program and their money is what makes the wheels turn single day. I believe they may have stepped away from the day-to-day inner workings of the athletic department when Moore brought in Saban - once Saban got his machine running with precision, they realized that their resources were still needed, but their "advice" and "guidance" weren't needed to create a successful program.

Please make it stop!

I think this is the 3rd time this lame ass article has been posted here. Can we delete this thread?

Archived