2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Back to Payne. I think Alabama lead.

Agree, unfortunately.

Payne said in the interview that Bama is recruiting him the hardest. He said he got a call from our HC the day before the interview. I think he has decided in the back of his mind he is going to Bama. It just wont come out of his mouth yet. He is trying to keep options open, just in case.

Agree, unfortunately.

Payne said in the interview that Bama is recruiting him the hardest. He said he got a call from our HC the day before the interview. I think he has decided in the back of his mind he is going to Bama. It just wont come out of his mouth yet. He is trying to keep options open, just in case.

He also said he hears from bama "every day". Cristobal was calling to wake him up every day so I assume he still is. I do know this. Saban has told Cristobal to get Payne "regardless". Earlier I heard we had inched closer to being a player for Payne but it seems the gap has widened. I think the reason Gus & Garner called him is they were under the impression he was coming for the LSU game & then he decided to go to MSU. Gus called & got a verbal that he would be at the USCe game. We'll see if he shows.

Agree, unfortunately.

He also said he hears from bama "every day". Cristobal was calling to wake him up every day so I assume he still is. I do know this. Saban has told Cristobal to get Payne "regardless". Earlier I heard we had inched closer to being a player for Payne but it seems the gap has widened. I think the reason Gus & Garner called him is they were under the impression he was coming for the LSU game & then he decided to go to MSU. Gus called & got a verbal that he would be at the USCe game. We'll see if he shows.

He's already been to 1 AU game. No reason to think he will not come to that game. And yes our losing a lot of DLs has closed the gap in reality but Bama still leads.

Agree, unfortunately.

He's already been to 1 AU game. No reason to think he will not come to that game. And yes our losing a lot of DLs has closed the gap in reality but Bama still leads.

You really think so, this kid has 3-4 technique nose tackle written all over him. Square peg in round hole if you ask me with a ton of risk on dedication and heart.

You really think so, this kid has 3-4 technique nose tackle written all over him. Square peg in round hole if you ask me with a ton of risk on dedication and heart.

That's how I see it too. If he actually likes a bammer coach calling every morning to wake him up his bricks ain't stacked straight.

Agree, unfortunately.

The 3-4 nose is comparable to the 0 technique DT in a 4-3 if the kid is athletic and quick like Daron is so not a square peg in a round hole.

I personally do not think Payne is coming to AU. He is Bama's. He is just laying back on committing because he can.

I'm with E on this one. A 3-4 nose is essentially the 0 in a 4-3. I have no doubt he'd fit just fine in this defense.

I'm with E on this one. A 3-4 nose is essentially the 0 in a 4-3. I have no doubt he'd fit just fine in this defense.

Do you think he would fit in just fine on this campus and with this coaching staff? There have been a number of reports from normally reliable sources that give me reason to pause about this one.

Is there some reason that make you feel that Daron wouldn't fit in well at Auburn and with our staff? if there is, tell us why.

well L ets just see whAt we know so far about this young defensive wiZard..a verY big guy

Your Friday happy hour must have lingered into the evening....

well L ets just see whAt we know so far about this young defensive wiZard..a verY big guy

Read just the capital letters.....

Read just the capital letters.....

Oh, DUH! Gotcha.

Archived